Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1000s of posts I had never heard the bit about Utah...anyone have a link to those comments by authorities? (Just to be clear not doubting you, just have never heard that!)
I did a quick google search and then used the date tool to give me the relevant date period, verbatim.
here are a couple articles.
Police in southern Utah ask residents to be on lookout for missing Iowa woman
MISSING: Police seek public’s help looking for missing Iowa woman with Southern Utah connections
Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts missing since going jogging last week

it's a start...JMO :)

Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- RT, married, lives in CA
Mother-LC, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- JT
Brother-ST
Boyfriend-DJ
Boyfriend's brother-BJ
Fiance of Blake-AH

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother JT
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH
was taking a summer course in Roman Studies

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.
WC took polygraph, no details on questions or on whether he "passed"

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

NH: stated he saw Mollie running on West Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day." DR lives on East 2nd Street.
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

I believe there are friends that texted or sc Mollie in that window before 7:30AM, that she did not respond to. I recall this especially because it's so out of character that she'd be off the social grid on Weds evening 7/18 after texting Mum "OK" about the brats.

Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- RT, married, lives in CA
Mother-LC, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- JT
Brother-ST
Boyfriend-DJ
Boyfriend's brother-BJ
Fiance of Blake-AH

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother JT
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH
was taking a summer course in Roman Studies

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.
WC took polygraph, no details on questions or on whether he "passed"

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

NH: stated he saw Mollie running on West Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day." DR lives on East 2nd Street.
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.
Thank you!

I was taking another drive in the Google car today around Brooklyn and I saw something on the back of two trailers that were akin to cargo containers and were painted in camouflage designs. I had never seen anything like them before and asked my husband if he knew what they were. He said they are military shipping containers. He said in the Air Force they called them “Cadillacs” because they are manufactured in Cadillac, Michigan. He said it was probably a private purchase of the containers because if they get holes and wear they are sold off. Not sure if a hunter would use them as a small cabin or hunting blind or for storage. Anyways made me think of the young lady who was held in the cargo container. Just a thought...maybe someone in the area knows someone who purchased one.

A google car? That drive themselves?

1,000000 likes!!!! This is what I was looking for. Thanks!!!

Mom24 did a great job here... it should be shared at each subsequent new thread to keep us all on track. The mapmakers are doing a pretty good job, too. Our interest may be a small part of what keeps public interest going. Look how much the reward is rising.

I do wish this same interest was available for all missing girls and I don’t know why it isn’t so. It may be there are not so many clues publicized by the media in other cases, as is true in Mollie’s case, and that is something to think about.

Goodnight, everyone.

Does anyone have any links to the home being burglarized nearby? I hadn't heard that before.
It's on the Poweshiek County FB page. It might be in the Register, but I can't find it.
After 1000s of posts I had never heard the bit about Utah...anyone have a link to those comments by authorities? (Just to be clear not doubting you, just have never heard that!)
Police in southern Utah ask residents to be on lookout for missing Iowa woman

After reading on here the past several years, I see one big difference between this and most other missing cases.
No foot searches? This to me is the strangest part of this case. I can (kind of) understand LE not doing them, but not sure what to make of the family not doing any.
I think it's either they know she's still alive somewhere or just some major denial.

Can anyone think of other high profile cases where there were no foot/ground searches and the reasoning for that?

I was taking another drive in the Google car today around Brooklyn and I saw something on the back of two trailers that were akin to cargo containers and were painted in camouflage designs. I had never seen anything like them before and asked my husband if he knew what they were. He said they are military shipping containers. He said in the Air Force they called them “Cadillacs” because they are manufactured in Cadillac, Michigan. He said it was probably a private purchase of the containers because if they get holes and wear they are sold off. Not sure if a hunter would use them as a small cabin or hunting blind or for storage. Anyways made me think of the young lady who was held in the cargo container. Just a thought...maybe someone in the area knows someone who purchased one.
Google man? What was the date of the images?

After reading on here the past several years, I see one big difference between this and most other missing cases.
No foot searches? This to me is the strangest part of this case. I can (kind of) understand LE not doing them, but not sure what to make of the family not doing any.
I think it's either they know she's still alive somewhere or just some major denial.

Can anyone think of other high profile cases where there were no foot/ground searches and the reasoning for that?

Just the one near the pig farm I’ve seen. I don’t know if they’ve been searching without locals being around to update us, or they aren’t.

Any thoughts about if a small vigil in Brooklyn would help? (get people out, talking, keep the word out there, etc.)

There was a general vigil held for missing Iowans.

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans

Organizers expect more than 300 people to turn out for the Aug. 1 vigil scheduled for 7 p.m. at the RiverLoop Amphitheatre & Expo Plaza in Waterloo. State representatives and police officials are expected to attend.

Family members of Wilson plan to speak at the vigil and Tibbetts' family has been invited, Goodman said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina