Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, arguably true psychopaths and mentally ill individuals make up only a small portion of violent offenders. More common is a history of childhood trauma, especially witness to domestic violence. Those naturally born with brain wiring of a psychopath are not the norm. MO (professional) O.

1% of the general population are psychopaths. However, as much as 25 percent of male offenders in federal correctional settings, according to the researchers.

https://www.livescience.com/16585-psychopaths-speech-language.html

Sex and the Psychopath

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/insight-is-2020/201410/sex-and-the-psychopath

Yes, she did say that she wasn't sure if Mollie had more than two red shirts.
TY 4 that.
But still, for any theory that Mollie was on her way to her mom's house in the morning would need to explain why she left so much of what she usually takes to work at the house.
True?

(AFAIK only her running clothes, shoes, Fitbit and phone are missing.)

Alter my map was a poor choice of words, but the intention is the same...rout your own map with your choices. The sighting on 2nd st. said "continuing up the hill". If you look at the Google maps uphill is towards Caseys. She could have turned North onto Jackson, but also continued straight onto old rt.6. IDK.

TY 4 that.
But still, for any theory that Mollie was on her way to her mom's house in the morning would need to explain why she left so much of what she usually takes to work at the house.
True?

Exactly. I don’t think any scenario can plausibly account for the fact that those things were left behind and everything that she would normally take on her jog, to include her running clothes, are gone.

TY 4 that.
True?

And why she hadnt notified her brother that she was picking up the car.

Someone mentioned the router logs and law enforcement being able to see the last time that one of her devices was connected to WiFi. My question (and it may be a really stupid one) is.......can they tell which device it was connected to? For instance, if my phone is dead but I’m using my iPad would they be able to see that I was on my iPad and not my phone? If that’s possible then would they know if anyone else was connected to the Router too? Say a friend stopped by and their phone connected to the WiFi automatically, is there any way to see that? I know it’s a stretch, and they would have to either have no password on their WiFi or the person would have had to be connected To their router before and still have the login info stored in their phone (possible if it was a friend who had visited in the past). Another thought........ I know that my phone has an app that allows me to connect automatically to different WiFi signals that are with the same internet provider that I use for my home WiFi. It’s a free Mobil hotspots type service that we got with our cable/Internet service. Idk if that is sometching that most service providers offer or not.
I hope this makes sense. Im not great at explaining my thoughts sometimes.

Psychologists say it’s unsurprising that women are reacting with fear.

“The tragic part of these incidents is that they demonstrate that unfortunately it’s not always really safe for a woman to go out by herself in a secluded area, especially if she’s listening to music with her headphones on, getting lost in her internal world.”

‘Really no guarantee that we are safe’

Interesting article:

These murders are notable because they’ve shattered the perception that this particular violent crime only takes place under certain circumstances, which was always a subtle way of suggesting that the victims were somehow complicit in their own attacks. My colleague Susan Rinkunas, the Cut’s resident marathon runner, observes that “‘Well, what was she wearing?’ is now ‘Well, where was she running? What time was it? Was she listening to music? Wearing short shorts? A sports bra with no shirt?’” That narrative also gave female runners a sense that certain behaviors could protect us: not running after dark and avoiding remote areas, for instance. But Brueger, Vetrano, and Marcotte were all out in broad daylight.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/08/women-runners-safety-vanessa-marcotte-karina-vetrano-alexandra-brueger.html

You mentioned the router logs and law enforcement being able to see the last time that one of her devices was connected to WiFi. My question (and it may be a really stupid one) is.......can they tell which device it was connected to? For instance, if my phone is dead but I’m using my iPad would they be able to see that I was on my iPad and not my phone? If that’s possible then would they know if anyone else was connected to the Router too? Say a friend stopped by and their phone connected to the WiFi automatically, is there any way to see that? I know it’s a stretch, and they would have to either have no password on their WiFi or the person would have had to be connected To their router before and still have the login info stored in their phone (possible if it was a friend who had visited in the past). Another thought........ I know that my phone has an app that allows me to connect automatically to different WiFi signals that are with the same internet provider that I use for my home WiFi. It’s a free Mobil hotspots type service that we got with our cable/Internet service. Idk if that is sometching that most service providers offer or not.
Not a stupid question at all, its a very good one. And i really hope someone can answer it.

Alter my map was a poor choice of words, but the intention is the same...rout your own map with your choices. The sighting on 2nd st. said "continuing up the hill". If you look at the Google maps uphill is towards Caseys. She could have turned North onto Jackson, but also continued straight onto old rt.6. IDK.

If "up the hill" means West, then the witness saw a woman going in the opposite direction of her mom's house. Regarding the witness, that would mean the wrong direction, the wrong clothing, and the wrong time. Perhaps he was mistaken about which night he saw her. From his interview, I got the impression that he didn't realize that this was the woman who disappeared until he stopped seeing her. Depending on her routes, he might have seen her on July 17.

Hi,
My conclusion is that she was likely taken by someone who knew her from her bfs house and who she had interacted with at least a few times. This person likely knew her well enough to know that she would feel better about leaving the house if she knew the dogs would be fed if she did not return. He knew her well enough to know her routine and when she would be most vulnerable. I imagine this person stalked her, which means he would have had to possess the time to do so. I would guess that he is likely a divorced father, a college student, unemployed, disabled, retired, and/or someone whose profession it is to sit around in a car and wait for something to happen (LE) (no offense).
The absence of a crime scene tells me that his attack was planned out, and that this person is meticulous and organized, and would also lead me to believe that it is probable that he older than college age.
He probably owns a gun.
I believe he probably was knocked on the door while she was doing homework. He lied and said there was something he needed help with (ie. Flat tire). She let him in for a minute. He pulled a gun. She said, ok dont shoot, let me feed the dogs and I will go with you. He follows her downstairs. She feeds dogs. He tells her to get her phone. She gets phone. They get in his vehicle, he tells her to power off the phone, and they leave.

Hopefully she is being held somewhere and she is not dead. If I was LE, I would be looking at divorced dad's who occasionally picked their kids up from daycare, who own guns, and who have large properties with multiple structures on site or second properties where they could hold someone hostage without being discovered.
Excellent analysis.

The only somewhat minor question I would raise is, "Why would the Fitbit (and the cell phone holder) be missing if she was abducted from the house?"

I would have thought she'd remove those soon after she walked in the door.

Unless of course, the perp was lying in wait inside an unlocked house with the dogs locked in the basement. But in this instance where did he park?

Or perhaps the perp pulled up just as Mollie was entering her driveway? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the router logs and law enforcement being able to see the last time that one of her devices was connected to WiFi. My question (and it may be a really stupid one) is.......can they tell which device it was connected to? For instance, if my phone is dead but I’m using my iPad would they be able to see that I was on my iPad and not my phone?

If that’s possible then would they know if anyone else was connected to the Router too? Say a friend stopped by and their phone connected to the WiFi automatically, is there any way to see that? I know it’s a stretch, and they would have to either have no password on their WiFi or the person would have had to be connected To their router before and still have the login info stored in their phone (possible if it was a friend who had visited in the past). Another thought........ I know that my phone has an app that allows me to connect automatically to different WiFi signals that are with the same internet provider that I use for my home WiFi. It’s a free Mobil hotspots type service that we got with our cable/Internet service. Idk if that is something that most service providers offer or not.

Yes. Every device has an ID number, so ID numbers at one IP address can be identified with a specific device.

Excellent analysis.

The only somewhat minor question I would raise is, "Why would the Fitbit be missing if she was abducted from the house?"

I would have thought she'd remove that soon after she walked in the door.

Unless of course, the perp was lying in wait inside an unlocked house with the dogs locked in the basement. But in this instance where did he park?
Many people wear their Fitbit all the time, not just while exercising. For this reason, that aspect isn’t relevant to me.

Which aspect of it; that it may or not have been missing or may or may not have been found?

Mom is aware of two t-shirts and they are both at her house. She can't speak to a third t-shirt.

"May not have been missing" is consistent with Mollies' mom's statement: she is aware of 2 t-shirts. She can account for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova