Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is that the dogs were still locked up in the basement. They were apparently protective dogs so they were a possible threat to anyone they were not familiar with coming in the house. The dogs were only put in the basement when no one was home. Also there was no sign of a struggle.
IMHO Mollie was taken from the area very close to her boyfriend's home. That house is somewhat isolated so that seems to me to be the most vulnerable spot. I just don't believe she ever made it back inside because of the dogs, and because there was no real sign that she ever made it back there.
The problem with that is LE confirmed she was doing homework late into the night.

This is the defense lawyer in me kicking in but I would not post anything that you think could get you in trouble in any way with your job, if that's what you mean. Your IP and location information isn't public but if its known to the site owner it could always be subpoenaed.

this is my concern. thank you.

I usually trust LE to know what it's doing and to be transparent enough that the public feels involved, and stays involved.

This time?

The problem with that is LE confirmed she was doing homework late into the night.
LE apparently knows her computer was signed on late into night as you put it. that does not equal MT specifically was with computer. for me to be solid with that I would need to at least know if said computer was signed on at same time she was seen out without computer.

I think it’s a local. Many possibilities.
-Friend of BF or his brother, or neighbor or local business who knew she was alone
-Robbery as thought no one home, then they took her possibly because she knew the robber
<modsnipped unfounded speculation>
-Parent who knew her from child camp
-Pig farmer or his buds
-Intentional run away

Has to be someone who is tech savvy to know how to get rid of cell phone and Fitbit tracking...

Did she make it home after jog?
Where did cell last ping?
What did she tell her dad during 3 hour call?
Review media accounts and relationships!
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very interested in seeing one, because we debated for pages and pages what everyone considered "late evening." This is the first time I've seen an actual time mentioned. Do you remember if it was Fox, ABC, etc.?

It was ABC.

Tibbetts, a 20-year-old rising sophomore at the University of Iowa, was last seen on July 18. It was originally believed she disappeared while out on a run, but Tibbetts' brother Jake told KCCI that authorities now believe Tibbetts returned from the run and was doing homework on her computer as late as 10 p.m.

Missing student's father gives desperate plea to public

That article was early into the investigation and prior to the Fitbit and cell phone data being retrieved. DC, the neighbor of DJ and BJ, stated that the FBI said that according to her Fitbit data, she went past his home later that evening. JT stated LE told him she used her computer around 10 PM.

I know. However JT didn’t consistently mention that in other interviews like this one below where he said basically all he knew was about the jog. Wonder if they told him to zip it or what.

An interesting audio interview from Mollies brother.

8-2 Extra Point Interviews - MyIowaInfo.com

LE apparently knows her computer was signed on late into night as you put it. that does not equal MT specifically was with computer. for me to be solid with that I would need to at least know if said computer was signed on at same time she was seen out without computer.
Where does it say that LE knows her computer was signed on late into the night. I thought the only way we know that is through a family member saying it, not LE

I know. However JT didn’t consistently mention that in other interviews like this one below where he said basically all he knew was about the jog. Wonder if they told him to zip it or what.

I read an article or watched a video where the mother mentions it, too, stating that LE believes she made it home. I'm thinking it was a video interview.

Could Mollie have attended another event and then met an accidental death either at the event or on the way home from this location (putting her in a different area than the searches are focused on)?

Where could she have been that might cause a local or two to clam up (to protect themselves or other parties)?
I.e.
-At a place where minors were served alcohol...thus liability.
-At a place she met someone who was not her boyfriend, even if it was just to hang out casually.

Awesome questions, BessDrew!

Sadly, my mind goes to the sinister too fast also. So, I need to flesh the accidental stuff out first, completely.

The list of the SINISTER "add-ons" to the "meeting up with someone down the block, and getting in their car willingly" is SCARY AND ENDLESS:

a. "Hey, you've been running. Thatta girl! Here's an ice-cold water bottle I got you." (Meanwhile, its spiked)

b. The date-rape drug.

c. A cigarette............ everybody is passing around, ....but it is laced with a little fentanyl.....
This is all too terrifying. My imagination is a frightening place.[/QUOTE]

After reading here, as well as reading many true crime books in the distant past, my thoughts go to a frightening place, also. But in trying to get to a less sinister place, I wondered if during her run, Mollie might have stepped off into a treed area or a corn field to relieve herself, and suffered a debilitating medical issue of some kind?

I have not mapped Mollie's running routes, so have no idea if any such areas were available to use as a restroom.

Where does this website get its statistics from? I don't think this is accurate at all. Each town, county, & state have their own reporting rules. I think there are nation-wide statistics released by the DOJ that breakdown by state and county but I can't remember where I found them in the past.

Yeah. I found this some time ago and it ranks it quite safe:

Brooklyn, IA Crime Rates & Statistics

Not sure how they get data.

Yes, lurkers are unfortunately allowed here which makes me quite uncomfortable and why I probably won't be here after this case. Don't post if you feel uncomfortable and there are some free VPN's out there that will mask your ip if that would make you feel more comfortable.
One more time, here we go:
It is absolutely NOT "unfortunate" that "Lurkers are allowed" here! If not for "Lurkers" there would likely be no, or far, far fewer members, (and fewer eyes on the cases here!) I would bet the farm, we all were "lurkers" at one point. (Even you?). Grown people understand how the internet works. Simple common sense applies here same as anywhere else. I have yet to hear of a single incident where a WS member has had tragedy befall them due to their participation here. IMO you are just as safe here, if not safer, than anywhere else on the WWW. I see no reason to believe that registering somehow makes a forum safer. (?) Anyone can register, just as anyone can lurk.

Where does it say that LE knows her computer was signed on late into the night. I thought the only way we know that is through a family member saying it, not LE
I was replying to above post, is why I said as you put it. I agree I do not think LE has said as much. either way the computer can be on and sitting and no one home doesn't mean much unless they come out and say there were actual key strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member