Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or she was on her way to her mom's to get the car when she disappeared, or she was planning to text her brother when she got home and never made it, or she planned to walk to her mom's in the morning.

Right, but if they (family) knew to expect any of those scenarios they would have known by, say, 8am that something was wrong when she hadn't gotten the car. Family not starting the search early in the day implied they hadn't expected her to come get the car, OR that she was often so changeable in her plans that the car not getting picked up by MT didn't set off any red flags even if they had thought she was intending to come get it.

Agreed. I believe she came upon her trouble at the driveway of the house. As a dog owner when my dogs are "put away" and I come home the first thing I do is bring them out. It's just routine.

Although I am disturbed by the comments that the dogs were in perfect condition, freshly fed. If Mollie never made it home from the jog that means the dogs were "put away" from 7-730 in the evening until late in the afternoon the next day? No scratches at the door, no upturned food bowls ---and I'm not talking about eating, my dogs don't eat when I'm gone---but they do get bored when left for a long time. It just doesn't make sense to me. Then I find myself wondering if she was taken in the morning as she headed out the door to go to her mom's to get the car for work. I keep going back and forth.

Was it said somewhere that they were freshly fed? I don’t recall reading that, but there have been so many articles, it’s difficukt to keep up.

I have 3 dogs. I feed them in the morning and evening, but it’s not uncommon for them to ignore the food and eat when they get hungry.

Was it said somewhere that they were freshly fed? I don’t recall reading that, but there have been so many articles, it’s difficukt to keep up.

I have 3 dogs. I feed them in the morning and evening, but it’s not uncommon for them to ignore the food and eat when they get hungry.
We’ve been lead to believe that the dogs were in their normal state, and undisturbed. I also haven’t heard that there was evidence of them having been “freshly fed.”

True, IF they know where he is. On a rare occasion an attorney will act as an intermediary after he has been contacted by a client. The police may know who, but not where the suspect is.

In a town the size of Brooklyn, I think it would be very obvious if someone (other than Mollie) were suddenly not around.

We don't know if it's true that she was at home settled in on her computer at 10:00 but if that's right, I don't see her willingly leaving at that hour with anyone. And if she was unceremoniously abducted by someone who showed up at the door, or was lured to the driveway, the dogs would not have been in the basement.

When I also add the LE question to the mother (as per the mother in a media report) about whether or not Mollie was in a house at 9:45, it sounds like they don't know if she was at home, or perhaps are trying to confirm it. Yet I would think there are time stamps or other electronic footprints that tell them whether or not she was at that location at that time.

Also, I don't understand LE's remark that she was jogging for essentially 15 minutes. What's the point of that remark when it was surely longer, and especially if she was known to be home at 10? The jog time would be inconsequential if she was known to be alive two hours later.

Hoping the presser happens and shines some light.

We’ve been lead to believe that the dogs were in their normal state, and undisturbed. I also haven’t heard that there was evidence of them having been “freshly fed.”

I’ll go take a look at the timeline to see if it’s been stated what time someone entered the house once they realized Mollie couldn’t be found.

What if he weren’t from Brooklyn?

Touché

My thoughts are that it’s someone in a neighboring town. Fairly close by, but not too close.

I would think that most people are scrutinizing their neighbors, the locals at the diner, anyone who called in sick to work, etc.

I can’t imagine what they all must be going through.

FBI is not going to pay any ransom...what a precedent that would send. Kidnapping for $ would become a thing again in the US. And no lawyer is going to make arrangments for that. The only negotiating they do is to get the lawyer to bring his client in rather than go after him. Jmo

Right, but if they (family) knew to expect any of those scenarios they would have known by, say, 8am that something was wrong when she hadn't gotten the car. Family not starting the search early in the day implied they hadn't expected her to come get the car, OR that she was often so changeable in her plans that the car not getting picked up by MT didn't set off any red flags even if they had thought she was intending to come get it.

Her brother, JT texted her in the morning to see if she needed the car.

It was stated that the dogs were found in the basement with plenty of food and water. My dogs have food available at all times, but never eat overnight. They tend to eat around the time we eat our dinner and don't normally touch the food again until the following day.
Perhaps also Mollie's boyfriend's brother and brother's fiance have the type of pet bowls that dispense food and water as needed. Although if that were the case, the statement probably wouldn't have been made in a way that seemed to imply a significance to the fact that the food and water were plentiful.

All plausible... but here is where my thoughts are in all that...

I'm not on SM, Snapchat , etc but...
If I told my bf I was going to contact him at 10pm, and then decided I couldn't, but I didn't want him to worry or feel put off, I might schedule a message to be sent from my computer at the 10pm time. In that situation, I might include a pic of myself in my current clothes, and then later change clothes for my evening run. This would mean my clothes in the Snapchat wouldn't be my clothes on my run. With all that in mind, I think it could be the cause of confusion about what she was last seen wearing.
The Snapchat sent at 10pm could be seen as activity on the computer router, and initially it may have been assumed that meant she was there, on the computer, when in fact, she was not.

EllieGato, WOW!! That IS interesting. Like I said we are all grasping at straws here TRYING to figure out what happened. There COULD be SO MANY scenarios.

Yo CD,
We all have gut level reactions for a lot of reasons, not always evident even to ourselves, it's just one part of your brain telling the other "this is not a good idea", not extrasensory but intrasensory...like the TV PI with the mustache said about "that little voice". That having been said, I agree with you about Mills St., and not for Psychic reasons!

Mills crosses 2nd very near where MT was last reported to have been seen @ 8:30ish. Mills is a reasonable way for MT to have completed her run loop to her mom's, if she turned North. While their does appear to be a lot of houses on this street, there are a few areas with open land, where a quick snatch and grab might be possible, with minimal risk of being seen, especially on Wednesday night.

Thank you, I wondered where it was in relation to where she might have been because it's definitely got some spots where I would be nervous alone at that hour.

this is not a possibility with Snapchat. Snap is a mobile based app which is mostly aimed towards sending a photo/selfie of a moment in time that literally lasts (I think) 15-30 seconds to the receiver. If they choose they can replay the snap. (I use Snapchat a lot... more so than I should admit)

EmilyVan, oh okay. So they send the Snapchat from either their computer or phone. It lasts only about 15-30 seconds (which is why her boyfriend probably couldn't remember what was in the background since it was so quick) and then it is gone. Thanks for clarifying that.

You can only snapchat from your phone and you can't schedule snapchats to be sent.

I'm trying to include a link but everything tech says otherwise. Great article in USA today about putting Snapchat on your Mac or pc and the benefits, which include scheduling messages.

You can Google 'send Snapchat from computer' for details on your own. I don't want to get too far off base here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke