Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts... would dogs be put in basement if she was showering? Were contacts mother said were in house left in a case, meaning they were the last pair she had worn and removed? Would contacts be removed before showering? Could someone else the dogs were comfortable with have put them in the basement? Are there construction day workers used in Brooklyn? Any subcontractors or friends of boyfriends company that stop by house knowing he was out of town having ulterior motives but prepared with excuse to visit (return or pick up something)? Any landscaping/trucks/workers that were in area at that time so that they would not look out of place parked,lingering,going into fields.

If abducted by car, first willingly with acquaintance then sensing trouble could there have struggle with car veering off into body of water and is submerged somewhere? Could female acquaintance have visited house, given ride with bad boyfriend giving false sense of security?

Finally, it takes less than a minute, to be thrown into a van/truck. Often see some kind of work truck parked on even busy or residential street /with either back doors or worse double side doors already open (blocking views to others). I myself, am always more vigilant when walking past.

I'm out of ideas, and I'm sure LE knows all potential scenarios. Just hoping it might spark recollection or recognition to someone who might know someone involved. When big rewards don't help it seems someone (a parent perhaps) is protecting someone or someone (wife or girlfriend) is afraid.

OMG that breaks my heart. That poor guy out there searching for his sister. What a beautiful girl she was. I see they believe she is dead and apparently have some evidence that is being tested. I hope for his sake they find her and he can find some peace of mind.

I agree that the public should be allowed to search on their own. If I was out there I would definitely help her brother to look for her. How could you not when you see how desperate he is to find her :(

(Indeed. I said the exact same thing which is actually why I asked some members of Team Lucas take a look at her case, that it was “breaking my heart watching this man dig through ditches looking for his sister...” :( )

Volunteer searchers have found victims’ remains in the past—Adam Gilbertson is a recent example of this. I wonder if LE will encourage this more at some point (volunteer searches).

Have they asked people to check their properties yet? I recall some discussion of this upstream, but am not sure if LE actually advised this yet? Tia.

Again, what LE says is important, but as important imo is what they do NOT say, as far as me trying to wrap my head around things...they are likely still in the process of collecting and analyzing information/potential evidence, imo. I am honestly stumped as to if they have any concrete suspicions yet or not (other than WC).

Last edited:
I see value in this approach! May I borrow it and post how I see the probabilities differently?

Abduction location possibilities IMO
• Inside the house 0%
• Driveway to house as she returned from her run 0%
• Somewhere along her run -- perhaps in the direction of the hog farm 0% (She didn't run out there, and LE told witness she made it home from her run)
• Theory 3 -- < 5%
• Somewhere along her walk to her mother's house -- > 95%

Mollie goes on a run around her side of Brooklyn and witnesses have come forward to say they saw her.

Mollie walks (or attempts to walk) from one end of Brooklyn to the other to go to her Mom's house and no one sees her/admits to seeing her along the way?

Thank you so much for posting this for all of us. I pictured a much more rural area (homes spaced further apart, no sidewalks, etc.). Even with apps like Google Earth, I sometimes have a difficult time with this.

After watching each of the videos (and hearing you indicate 4-5 people may have already reported a strange car in their neighborhood with you driving through), I am even more convinced MT's disappearance involved someone she is familiar with. (And possibly someone from the community). MOO

Not all vehicles are seen as being out of place and, in fact, are not seen at all! UPS, Police, Utility Co, AT&T, Cable company, electrical contractors, contractors putting up wind farm windmills South of town but staying in Brooklyn hotel(s) - the last 4 all driving the ubiquitous cargo van with a sliding passenger side door - perfect for a 2 - 3 man snatch and grab of a distracted runner in the "twinkling of an eye", less than 30 seconds, and likely not seen by anyone unless they happened to be looking directly at the van at the instance of the abduction! MOO

Huh??? Not sure why my individual replies are showing up in one combined post. Overworked site and posters..
Ciao!

Same with them not having the town's search party walk the fields. I tend to think they're already working on one angle with information they haven't released or either already have a suspect.

I can't find lowaroots original post on why they haven't searched Rock Creek (it was a little farther back in the thread). But I agree with you Michelle on this one. I personally think there is a REASON they are only searching WC's property. I am thinking that is THE LAST place the phone pinged until it died. Also it could be also that as soon as the phone pinged last that her Fitbit stopped tracking her movement (if they put the two together). And if his property is large they would KNOW it was in that general area ONLY. So if that is the case there would be NO need to search anywhere else.

Indeed.

Have they asked people to check their properties yet? I recall some discussion of this upstream, but am not sure if LE actually advised this? Tia.
''

Not that I'm aware of. Still, I would think many people would do it voluntarily. I know some of those farms must be enormous but I would make an attempt to do it. I'd ask for a lot of friends and family to join in. It just helps the mission by elaminating one more place off the grid.

Well it's ridiculously late and need zzz's. Nite yall!

Sorry,

Sorry, can't cite MSM post for "bog" search, but have followed MSM and this site for ALL 23 threads for past 3.5 weeks. Previous discussion/confusion about bog vs hog MSM misstatement on this site, concerning this search somewhere in previous above 23k posts. Per my recollection, bog search reports came up and were mentioned, in passing by MSM, in the wake of the search of the area about WC's property after the red shirt was found. There could be a LOW laying swampy morass in the general area, NOT on WC's property, and I am certain that near some of the rivers and streams in the Gurnsey area you find places where the mud do squish between your toes and that LE have CERTAINLY gotten their boots wet tramping through same, so I am sure that someone searched a bog OR boggy area somewhere looking for MT - if they didn't, LE didn't do their job, and I doubt that; but I was responding to a question about a bog on WC's property. ("WC has a bog?"), where he presumably keeps his sea serpent. He has 70 acres (again this number comes from MSM, for which I do not have a citation) of prime Iowa farm land (prime because it's planted with soy beans, which you can see when he tells the press to go away, and while mowing his lawn on a couple of MSM newscast videos ); not swamp or marsh, but plantable farmland. I grew up in South Louisiana, I know the difference. If you look on Google Satellite images, the only thing that looks wet and boggy on or near his property are the hog retention ponds between his property and the hog containment building next door. If I were to sell a parcel of land with or for a hog shed (Which MSM reported that he did for $600,000, for which I also don't have a citation, but seems about right for what it is - or might have been, hence my crack about WC's net worth. Who knows how much property this guy might own!), and IF I had a LOW boggy swampy area on my property, that is where I would put the clay lined hog waste retention ponds, and build the elevated hog shed on the rest of the swamp, if there were one there, which their likely is not. As I pointed out, in my response, there are other and newer operations that use contained waste systems (in some cases mandated by state law) but I'm fairly certain that other previous posters have opined about open hog waste ponds in Iowa, so I know they are still in use, at least in some parts of Iowa as they were when I was there 30 years ago, and I can see them adjacent to other hog sheds in the area, on Google satellite images.

Also, somewhen, in the past 3.5 weeks LE assured that MT was not at the hog farm they searched twice, again I don't have citation, but IF they did they would have had to search those ponds and the holding tanks under the hog sheds. I would like to know how they searched the ponds. Dredging with hooks (the traditional way)?Ultrasound? A newer tech? A newbe with a flashlight. I really want to know how LE has determined that MT's chain weighted and fenestrated body is not buried in the feet deep anarobic sludge at the bottom of THAT hog waste pit or any of the many others in the same area. And, if by now, all other operations in the area have been converted to closed containment, have all of those MASSIVE holding tanks been searched? That kind of was the point of my post. There is a reason that so many missing in Iowa will never be found. It's that good a dumping ground with so much open land, backhoes for deep burial, and open hog waste pits where the body is mostly digested. I've drunk with too many Iowa farm boys who told me graphicly how the cow ate that cabbage, and with too many cut throat Louisiana river rats who knew too much about disposing of a body.
This ^^^^^

''

Not that I'm aware of. Still, I would think many people would do it voluntarily. I know some of those farms must be enormous but I would make an attempt to do it. I'd ask for a lot of friends and family to join in. It just helps the mission by elaminating one more place off the grid.

Well it's ridiculously late and need zzz's. Nite yall!
Gnite.

Those of us following the Missy Bevers murder in the church in Midlothian, TX know how disappointing press conferences can be.

At times it seemed like 9 of 10 answers were always similar to "We aren't going to comment on that because of the investigation."

Hopefully, Monday's PC will be the exception to the rule.

LE must know the citizenry are clamoring for even a morsel of new information.

We can only hope that the fact the PC has been postponed twice might be due in part to address that need by giving us at least a modicum of new information -- unlike the Midlothian PD.

This is in no way to demean the many hours and hard work LE, the DCI and the FBI have done. God bless 'em. I'm only talking about press conferences.
Exactly. They have been saving us the whole “I can’t comment on that” so far.

The time difference between the USA and the Land Down Under is significant. Consequently since following these threads I’m always up until about 3-3:30am because when you’re all posting furiously, I should be asleep. As the next presser is Monday at 3pm Iowa time (6am in Oz), last night I decided to go to bed earlier so I set my alarm for 5:30am. After waking my husband - “Where are you going?” - I remembered that while it was Monday here, it was still Sunday for y’all … and now I have to do it all over again.
rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif

What will it be ... “Warrants have been served and an arrest has been made” or ... “We can’t tell you …” Probably more of the same, but here's hoping.

The time difference between the USA and the Land Down Under is significant. Consequently since following these threads I’m always up until about 3-3:30am because when you’re all posting furiously, I should be asleep. As the next presser is Monday at 3pm Iowa time (6am in Oz), last night I decided to go to bed earlier so I set my alarm for 5:30am. After waking my husband - “Where are you going?” - I remembered that while it was Monday here, it was still Sunday for y’all … and now I have to do it all over again.
rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif

What will it be ... “Warrants have been served and an arrest has been made” or ... “We can’t tell you …” Probably more of the same, but here's hoping.

Awwww...I feel your pain. That was what it was like when I followed the Pistorius trial from here in Southern Cali. My sleep cycle was way out of whack. And my husband thought I was nuts. lol

I wouldn’t expect much until you see the media report an arrest lol
Agreed in part.

However, in the Missy Bevers case we would sometimes get morsels about search warrants and also who (experts) were recently added.

As an example, we could find out (assuming they exist) information like "heat seeking drones are being brought in to search nearby corn fields."

However, with regard to WC I expect to hear little more than "He is not considered a suspect."

Fair question. IMO she had gone for a short run, she didn't change, wasn't worried about her wallet/ID for a 2 mile drive. The 20 minute walk was going to just add to her steps for the day.

“20 minute walk”....

I’m thinking about the time again I was on foot and had 2 creepos pass me then circle back around...”20 minute walk...”...(talking to myself)

Last edited:
Awwww...I feel your pain. That was what it was like when I followed the Pistorius trial from here in Southern Cali. My sleep cycle was way out of whack. And my husband thought I was nuts. lol

I followed it too but my husband knew I was nuts. After calculating the required height, I climbed to the high point of the roof of our house and conducted experiments with the jeans out the window ... and I'm a grandmother several times over. lol

Mollie goes on a run around her side of Brooklyn and witnesses have come forward to say they saw her.

Mollie walks (or attempts to walk) from one end of Brooklyn to the other to go to her Mom's house and no one sees her/admits to seeing her along the way?

Yes, it does seem odd. But 2 things might account for that.

It may have been darker, and a bit later than her earlier run. So she was less visible?

And she may have been picked up, very early on. Maybe she willingly accepted a ride from a neighbor or acquaintance---or she was abducted at gunpoint or grabbed from behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member