Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I missed that. I’m glad I did, I would have spent my weekend trying to read between the lines.
So what do you think it means? That DCI had a good lead by Friday and wanted the weekend to follow it before saying anything? From what you are saying, DCI is higher up and more specialized than The Sheriff’s Department, correct? Is it like the state version of the FBI?

That's when the 3 hour call took place? I've seen references to the call but didn't realize it was right before she disappeared. But, they were very close so was that common? (as opposed to Mollie having been upset or something else out of the ordinary)
Yes, according to her dad, it was the norm. He lives in California and speaks to all 3 of the kids every week. There was nothing out of the usual, nothing to raise any concerns!

You folks do know that BRATS are sausages right???

GOOGLE TRACKS YIU EVEN WHEN YOU DO NOT WANT IT TO

wonder if le used this.
Google really IS recording your every move! | Daily Mail Online

You make two excellent points in your short post.
Honestly, I had to Google "Brats" because I have never eaten one. LOL. And I was thinking that they are fatty and high-calorie and someone with a regular fitness routine might want to eat something fresher and healthier, especially late in the evening. On the other hand, she is 20 and probably has a great metabolism.
I pointed out the other day that Mollie's phone might be the best source for tracking her, and that if her phone was indeed in its armband, or even in her pocket, the perp might not have been able to reach it and disable it right away. The phone might have been with her much longer than you might expect.

Unless I was having problems or things going really well with lots of good news to share I’d run out of things to say.
If this length of phone call was the norm for her (some people like to talk) then that’s one thing.
I've maybe spoken to someone on the phone for 3 hours. Maybe. It would have only been because I was trying to help them thru something or I was needing their help. The other thing that crossed my mind is that it wasn't a straight 3 hours but several different calls throughout the day. Maybe it was just an exaggeration too.

Could someone remind me what time work notified the boyfriend that she hadn’t come to work? (Mid-afternoon??).

One possible reason for the delay in notification is due to the field trip going on that day. I am sure that day was much more hectic than most, with trying to get all the kids ready to go (bathroom breaks for them all, etc), transportation to the fair, etc with one fewer employee. I could see a call from the manager to alert family/boyfriend in the morning if it was a routine day.

Another thing to remember is (aside from some of us on this site :)), people do not automatically jump to idea that something is terribly wrong. People have a tendency to explain things away. However this is a bit different since it is a no show for a job.
Right. They assumed Mollie may have been sick and not called in yet. It was a couple hours into the trip at the fair that they tried to reach her and were not able to. At that point one of the staff called her boyfriend out of concern.

I've maybe spoken to someone on the phone for 3 hours. Maybe. It would have only been because I was trying to help them thru something or I was needing their help. The other thing that crossed my mind is that it wasn't a straight 3 hours but several different calls throughout the day. Maybe it was just an exaggeration too.
It was just their normal weekly call.

So what do you think it means? That DCI had a good lead by Friday and wanted the weekend to follow it before saying anything? From what you are saying, DCI is higher up and more specialized than The Sheriff’s Department, correct? Is it like the state version of the FBI?
Yes, DCI is essentially Iowa’s state version of the FBI. They’re the top level criminal investigation agency at the state level.

My head’s exploding trying to speculate what that could mean. They are incredibly thorough and would most certainly postpone if they weren’t 100% ready to announce something.

That's when the 3 hour call took place? I've seen references to the call but didn't realize it was right before she disappeared. But, they were very close so was that common? (as opposed to Mollie having been upset or something else out of the ordinary)

I believe the three hour call took place on Sunday, three days before she disappeared.

Fair question. IMO she had gone for a short run, she didn't change, wasn't worried about her wallet/ID for a 2 mile drive. The 20 minute walk was going to just add to her steps for the day.

True, but as far as I know she didn't have her keys with her on her initial run and the keys haven't been reported missing, so I am assuming that they remained at the house with her ID and other essentials. If that's the case, she most likely didn't make it back from her initial run.

JMO.

Well I'd like to know what those thoughts would have been.
My wildest speculation is they have confirmed Mollie’s fate. I wouldn’t be surprised at all now if they announce that they have confirmed she’s alive or dead, and if so they would surely announce what they know that supports that. And personally, if the do announce something of that nature, I’m going to absolutely believe what they conclude is accurate.

Last edited:
RT hasn't given any indication there was anything troubling Mollie in their weekly telephone call. I believe if he thought there was anything from that phone call that was in any way related to Mollie's disappearance he would have been vocal about it. RT is an engaged father who loves his children very much. I have deep respect for him.

Yes, DCI is essentially Iowa’s state version of the FBI. They’re the top level criminal investigation agency at the state level.

My head’s exploding trying to speculate what that could mean. They are incredibly thorough and would most certainly postpone if they weren’t 100% ready to announce something.
Gotcha! Here in TN, we have the TBI. So it’s pretty obvious what their role and status is. With DCI, I was thinking they were just a crime lab or something. This could be big indeed. Thanks for your help!

I just saw elsewhere on another post that was normal for them.

Wondering if they had anything significant to report on Friday, based on the fact that Dad RT was at the Iowa State Fair and in front of Casey's over the weekend still asking for people to be on the lookout for Mollie. Wouldn't family have been notified if there was? Of course, if it were a positive lead, that would encourage her father even more. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member