Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we know, there are known knowns.
There are things we know that we know.

We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we don’t know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.

So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say, “Well, that's basically what we see as the situation”, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns.

See you all at the presser.
nitenite-smiley.gif

EllieGato, WOW!! That IS interesting. Like I said we are all grasping at straws here TRYING to figure out what happened. There COULD be SO MANY scenarios.
But this scenario can not happen as you can not schedule a Snapchat for a certain time. They happen in real time.

And no one I know sends Snapchats from their computers. My son and his fiancé are always snapping with their friends (constantly I might add) on their phones. Look around you...20 somethings do everything on their phone. The only reason my son had a laptop was when he was at University for assignments. After he graduated, he gave me the laptop. His fiancé has a tablet but never uses it either...its always the phone...watching movies they have the phone out, eating dinner the phone out.
My son also plays video games, but that's on the Xbox now, hooked up to the tv. No need for a computer or laptop for that either.

Agreed. If Mollie had been found, once again I state that Dad (RT) would not have been out and about over the weekend. As for a POI, maybe a name would be released if they needed the public to help locate person(s).
There is a woman who had twins and was on a judge TV show with her ex fiance (father of the twins). Michelle Parker went missing after the show. Her ex was named a POI and eventually named a suspect in her disappearance. He has never been arrested. They have never found her either.

I wonder how extensively law enforcement is looking to get IP addresses/geolocations from google and bing searches that highlight Mollie Tibbetts, her address, kidnapping, hiding bodies, etc or combinations such as these in the weeks leading up to her disappearance. We know federal law enforcement agencies have done it for other reasons in the past.

I may not be different. It all comes down to who planned the party. If the Powesheik County Sherriff’s department planned it I’m not expecting much. If DCI planned it I’m leaving work early to be there. And maybe the best way to know that is to ask - I’m going to try to find that out.

If you are going to the presser SharonNeedles, could you possibly give us a run down of who is in attendance? Often times, the media doesn't give a full view of those behind the podium. And I'd be interested to see who is in attendance, and more importantly, who isn't.

And the sun set at 8:41 that night. So now I’m supposed to believe DR saw her run by in the dark 1.5 hours after she started running when she supposedly doesn’t run in the dark?

In mid-July it doesn't truly get dark until 9:30ish. 8:41pm would be sort of like dusk -- sun would be well on the way down, but still more than enough light to be doing something outside. I coach youth soccer and we have games that start at 7:30pm and don't get done until about 9pm. No lights on our field and it's never been a problem.

I'm not necessarily saying that I buy that sighting of her or the timing of it, but it definitely would be light enough to go for a walk/run at that time. Especially if it was going to be a short run or if she had another way to get home, say, maybe if she was going walking over to her mother's to pick up the car.

The presser won’t have anything special. Just that they are pursuing every lead.

If they wanted to give out info or a sketch on a suspect, or info on a vehicle they are searching for, they would do that immediately, not at a pre planned date.

Let’s hope for something though.

Apologies to mods as I am one of the peeps that posted a broken quote. System had changed since the last time I posted a lot on a thread, as far as the quote copying. When I attempted to take out a huge chunk of the quote that quoted the quote, I lost the first part and spent a good amount of time trying to fix it before giving up. I promise I'll be more careful.
I'm assuming you cant use your phone while working, so except for during a break, co-workers might not have had many chances to shoot a text to Mollie asking where she was. I'm assuming some did, and they went unanswered.Maybe LE is just trying to keep the circle small and the bf is already a known and identified entity-why add more people that the press will hound
What's the broken quote rule? Missed that one, thanks!

I do think this is odd too. I can see letting it go if she was an unreliable person who did this often but she was working for a daycare. You showing up is a pretty big deal when little people are counting on you. If nothing else, the organization she works for found a major fault in their system of what to do when someone who typically always shows up for work doesn’t. Call the first emergency contact on their employee sheet.
Usually when they go on a field trip like that in this type of camp, the have more than enough staff ( and often volunteer parents) to keep track of the kids. When she didn't show up, they did think it was unusual but thought she must have a good reason. I'm sure there was a LOT of preparation like putting sunscreen on kids, making sure they had the proper paperwork , such as permission slips and emergency contact info, etc. Then there's loading kids into the bus, counting them, kids having to go to the bathroom, someone forgetting money for the trip, and all kinds of things to do. They tried to contact Mollie but got no answer. Maybe when they had already arrived at the fair. Not sure of the time. At that point they were concerned and called the boyfriend.

My wildest speculation is they have confirmed Mollie’s fate. I wouldn’t be surprised at all now if they announce that they have confirmed she’s alive or dead, and if so they would surely announce what they know that supports that. And personally, if the do announce something of that nature, I’m going to absolutely believe what they conclude is accurate.
I wouldn't think dead or her dad wouldn't have been talking to folks at Casey's when you drove by yesterday. Hoping it's positive news!

There’s no telling what today’s PC will reveal, if anything, but if looking at an idea that can he applicable to both a random predator and/or one local and known to her, I think a disposal over the county lines is possible, maybe as we see in other cases here off a dirt road or bridge. It just makes sense to me at the moment, since there is absolutely nothing else to go on.

Marking to pick up here and look at distances to the county lines.
This is what I am thinking too, as in Lucas Hernandez case. Across county lines, hidden, but not too far in. ie a quick drop.

There is a woman who had twins and was on a judge TV show with her ex fiance (father of the twins). Michelle Parker went missing after the show. Her ex was named a POI and eventually named a suspect in her disappearance. He has never been arrested. They have never found her either.
Usually LE states they are looking for the POI because they want to question him/her right? There is not a direct reference to arresting that person, even though it may be implied.

As far as today's presser, I'm going along with the guess that no one has "cracked" this case yet, and the news conference will be a little more information about the timeline. Giving them an opportunity to ask the community to send in tips if they saw anything unusual, while providing very little in terms of new information...
Given what little we know so far, I agree. IMHO, it is quite a leap to go from where we are now to naming a POI, or arresting an individual. I would definitely not expect that.

I know that case well. One of my son's close friends is her cousin. So very sad.

But this scenario can not happen as you can not schedule a Snapchat for a certain time. They happen in real time.

And no one I know sends Snapchats from their computers. My son and his fiancé are always snapping with their friends (constantly I might add) on their phones. Look around you...20 somethings do everything on their phone. The only reason my son had a laptop was when he was at University for assignments. After he graduated, he gave me the laptop. His fiancé has a tablet but never uses it either...its always the phone...watching movies they have the phone out, eating dinner the phone out.
My son also plays video games, but that's on the Xbox now, hooked up to the tv. No need for a computer or laptop for that either.
I don’t think it’s likely this option was used, but it IS possible to schedule and post Snaps and IG posts. This is done by using third party apps/software that can often be used on a computer. This software is usually used by companies or IG and Snapchat influencers who need to maintain a certain posting rhythm to generate revenue. Here’s an example of such a service: Create, schedule and publish content from your desktop

Again, I highly doubt that’s the most likely explanation here. More likely she returned home and sent the snap, sent the snap before her run, or sent the Snap before she disappeared from a third, unknown location.

Thank You SHARON NEEDLES for the videos. It helped to visualize what could have happened.

While watching them I realized how similar the town is to where I live. I live on a main street but at night or early evening there isn't much traffic or neighbors out. We have been talking for the last year of putting new doors on with better locks. I think those updates will be added sooner then later. Two defenseless old ladies. Oh yeah we do have a black lab who when hearing something jumps up and down excited that someone is visiting. Even strangers.

I really don't have a good feeling about her being found alive. My thoughts are she was probably running and someone who knew her drove up and asked her if she wanted a ride or if she wanted to go somewhere with them. I don't think she ran away or felt threatened by the person. I think it will be someone she went to school with, an old friend she hasn't seen in awhile, or a friend of her family. I'm praying I am wrong and hope the news conference today will be something positive but I doubt it.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the info and articles coming. I get on once or twice a day and can't keep up with all the facts and theories.

Agreed. If Mollie had been found, once again I state that Dad (RT) would not have been out and about over the weekend. As for a POI, maybe a name would be released if they needed the public to help locate person(s).
I tend to agree with this about her dad, but even if I believed my child was deceased I would want to bring her body home and know who did it. I probably would still be at the fair handing out fliers.
But again, I tend to agree with your logic on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member