Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we know, there are known knowns.
There are things we know that we know.

We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we don’t know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.

So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say, “Well, that's basically what we see as the situation”, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns.
There are known knowns - Wikipedia

I’d like to throw out there that LE has likely told Dad not to mention any specific issues Mollie raised in the phone call. It’s possible Mollie told him something that casts suspicion on a person or group she was having trouble with (roommates, fellow students, coworkers, neighbors, family etc.) and they are trying to keep this under wraps so they can better monitor all angles.

I tend to agree with this about her dad, but even if I believed my child was deceased I would want to bring her body home and know who did it. I probably would still be at the fair handing out fliers.
But again, I tend to agree with your logic on this.
It's extremely sad, in any case.

This is confusing this old codger. :(
Are we talking about going to mom's at night or the next morning (on her way to work where she would probably take her wallet/ID at a minimum)?
So far
But this scenario can not happen as you can not schedule a Snapchat for a certain time. They happen in real time.

And no one I know sends Snapchats from their computers. My son and his fiancé are always snapping with their friends (constantly I might add) on their phones. Look around you...20 somethings do everything on their phone. The only reason my son had a laptop was when he was at University for assignments. After he graduated, he gave me the laptop. His fiancé has a tablet but never uses it either...its always the phone...watching movies they have the phone out, eating dinner the phone out.
My son also plays video games, but that's on the Xbox now, hooked up to the tv. No need for a computer or laptop for that either.
You don't schedule a snapchat, but they exist for a period of time until viewed. MT's BF didn't view it until late, but that doesn't mean she necessarily sent it late.

There is no way that today's presser is going to announce that Mollie is found either way. If she had been found alive, that would have announced that almost immediately. why would anyone hold back that news? If she had been found deceased, there would have been a crime scene set up with tons of LE, medical examiners, the blue tent, etc. that would have been processed for hours. With the attention on this case, there is no way that would have escaped either the public or the media. I hope no one is really getting their hopes up for that.

In mid-July it doesn't truly get dark until 9:30ish. 8:41pm would be sort of like dusk -- sun would be well on the way down, but still more than enough light to be doing something outside. I coach youth soccer and we have games that start at 7:30pm and don't get done until about 9pm. No lights on our field and it's never been a problem.

I'm not necessarily saying that I buy that sighting of her or the timing of it, but it definitely would be light enough to go for a walk/run at that time. Especially if it was going to be a short run or if she had another way to get home, say, maybe if she was going walking over to her mother's to pick up the car.

Right. Actually I should have remembered that since I'm originally from the midwest and still visit a neighboring state on occasion. However, that still takes her 1.5 hours into a jog that she was known to spend 45 minutes on.

If anyone in another country can't get any link to work, even the news channel's FB live feed, there's a youtuber who actually watches live, & films himself repeating whatever is being said in the PC. So when the time comes, just type in MT in YT, & it should come right up. I think they're going to offer, today, info in the direction toward whether it was someone she knows/knew, or a stranger situation. There's only so many no-info PCs they can conduct w/o driving the public into a frenzy.

The other thing is isolating the secondary crime scene, not the final disposal location—if this was a SA, where did he take her for that?
I tend to think most kidnappings are for the purpose of a SA so that's a good point. Don't most abusers take their victims back to their house or an abandoned building?

Last edited:
What's the broken quote rule? Missed that one, thanks!

It's just that if someone posts a broken quote and then that post gets quoted it ends up getting really mixed up, and after a few requotes it gets worse and worse and presumably makes a lot of work for the mods to figure out what it's supposed to look like.

So I guess the best thing to do is to hit 'report' and not quote it, and just say "in reply to xxxx's post" if you do want to reply to it?

I also think it is strange work did not call to ask where she was. Field trips are uncredubky stressful and the more hands available the better.

I would think they may even wait on her a bit to see if she would arrive.
Theres no way they would wait around for one person. If the bus leaves at 8: 00 am, that's when they leave. They have to stick to the schedule

The only snag I have with your greatest probability is that she was purportedly last known wearing her running clothes, coupled with her (streamlined) running tech/gear. If she was en route to her mom's to eat/get the car for the next day, it seems she would have grabbed her wallet/ID/etc beforehand, which purportedly was still at the house.

JMO.

BBM

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if she just didn't bring it with her. If she was wearing running clothes it's very possible she wouldn't have a pocket for her ID/wallet. Only a mile from her boyfriend's house to her mom's house, and I'm sure she's driven the route a few hundred times. I know some are very strict rule-followers, but I wouldn't think twice driving about driving a familiar one mile route without my license. (To clarify, I possess a driver's license, but am saying I would drive such a short route if I didn't have the physical license on me. ie if I forgot it or something like that.)

To each their own, and it probably depends on Mollie's personality, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if she didn't think it was a big deal. JMO

I had that problem as well, and dont even know what a broken quote means, but hopefull that wont happen again!!
I’ll see if I can help here.

Whenever you hit reply, he quote you are referencing will appear in the text box. It is encased by an opening and closing tag, for example (have to type it out so it doesn’t code):

Open bracket QUOTE Close bracket
Hi MrBetsy
Open bracket Backslash QUOTE close bracket

If one of these tags gets deleted during the reply process, then it basically messes everything up.

(That’s my foggy precoffee explanation)

-so, in other words, if you see a post that shows one of these tags displaying openly in the message body, do not reply to it because it is “incomplete” codewise. Rather hit “report” and tell a mod “broken quote”.

Also when replying to a post, make sure the reply you are referencing has both the opening and closing tags referenced above before hitting reply.

I tend to think most kidnappings are for the purpose of a SA so that's a good point. Don't most abusers take their victims back to their house?
Many do, but they also take them to remote locations like a field, wooded area, etc and can assault them either in the vehicle or lead them out a ways from the vehicle ...sometimes locations B and C (secondary crime scene and disposal site) might not be that far apart, or are the same location, sometimes not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member