Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People go missing in Iowa and are never found? Get your Son's and Daughters, loved ones out of there!

It isn't an Iowa thing. We have had several high profile disappearances in my state, as well as in the surrounding states, over the past few years. Unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

perp going to car wash could be to wash off vegetation, mud, interior, not necessarily damage from accident. people shouldn't be looking only for dents etc I do think they know much more, I do not feel entitled to know and if they are narrowing in on leads, I don't see the purpose of that person feeling cornered. I believe they will find her, it may take a few months and the odds are not a happy outcome, but hope is not wasteful right now. We just do not know. Changes could become more apparent in someone's behavior later. They might not return to school or behave the same when they do. They may have gone on a scheduled vacation, and don't return. a relationship may break up. behavior someone may have had an excuse for in the days after (breaking plans) , may start to be a pattern. someone starts drinking. Time usually reveals all.

If you live near a TA truck stop, please go out and put up a poster for Mollie. If they feel that someone travelling through or utilizes that facility may have either seen something while travelling through Iowa, or may have seen something out of state then it's worth jogging a memory by putting up a poster.

There are missing posters about Mollie prominently posted at I-80 truck stops and at I-80 rest areas. We saw them when we drove to Chicago two weeks ago as well as when we returned yesterday.

From too many let-downs over the years...be prepared for an update on the reward, a call for new tips, a recap of the number of LE working the case, etc...and little else.

I saw in another case today (sad ending) where L.e had called a “news conference” and indeed the news was she had been found dead, made me think of the term “news” vs “press” conference...although it may just have been reported that way in this other case. Still...”press conference” can mean nothing or everything. But even before the conference in that case, word was getiing out.[/QUOTE

Sadly, I agree with
After that they talked about behavioral changes, and a change in physical appearance. In my opinion, if Mollie was hit, it was to facilitate her abduction. The overwhelming majority of hit and run cases don’t involve taking the body with you. Panic sets in, and a perp doesn’t want to hang around any longer than he has to.

Yes. That was my interpretation also. That is how the perp 'got her' ...using vehicle as weapon. Was not an accident. Was intentional. Makes me sick. JMOO. People will start looking at each other with those questions in mind tho, I believe.

Finally,

This press conference isn’t about us. It isn’t about feeding our curiousity. Be angry if you want, but they don’t need us nobodies helping. I know I will get pooped on for that, but we are not privy to information. And personally as of now, I don’t believe we can help. Only those local of a certain range. I think LE is doing what they can. Sadly they can’t do enough and won’t be able to... I feel sad.

Thank you for saying that. It's important to understand.

I've outlined before how people can help, and that is by DONATING to search & rescue, K9 SAR, and organizations that help find missing persons. Monies are needed by all these organizations because it takes a lot of time and resources to do what they do.

I think it’s going to come down to a gf or wife of some guy remembering that their bf or husband wasnt where he had told her he was, and he turns out to be in the Brooklyn area that night. she calls LE and tips them
Off.

I am starting to think something isn’t right in this county. I live in a county with a population of 160,000. We have zero unsolved murders and their is no missing persons since the 80s and we have a major interstate that goes through the county. We also have truck stops along said interstate. From what I can tell of this Poweshiek County, there is a high violent crime rate (per capita) and from the call logs and jail bookings on their own FB page there is quite a bit of those. It may be time to look into a new sheriff as they handle these cases in the beginning when things are very fragile. Don’t underestimate having the right people in place when things go wrong. I am also getting the feeling that the locals are not going to help take down one of their own. They would prefer to think the boogeyman came from far away.

There has to be a reason that the locals are seemingly 'shut down' on being able to solve this for LE. The fear of the locals is real but sadly it seems more for themselves rather than MT. I find it difficult to understand.

Hz2h3Ay.jpg

1- Law enforcement is asking anyone in this area of 385th Avenue on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page
2- Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page
3- Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page
4- ?
5- ?

The numbers I added are just for area reference, not for a time sequence. Please add 4 and 5 if you can, I can't get them to load.

Did anyone happen to save the locations listed on the findingmollie site?
Apologize if someone has already posted this but I didn’t see it. I’m having a hard time with the findingmollie website loading but finally got a couple locations to load. I’ve been able to pull up the following:
  • Area of the D&M Car Wash
  • Area of the TA Truck Stop
  • Area of 385th Ave
Can’t get the 2 other locations to load. Has anyone else been able to?

They don’t load but looking on google maps the top right there are two farms. The bottom right there is nothing besides an old delapicated barn.

I’m trying to load pics. Website not letting me though.

It's not the first 24 hours they will be interested in. It will be anyone checking multiple times a day, every day, and who will likely fit certain perimeters: local or been in the area recently, etc.; prob. male; then they'll check on other patterns in people's lives. This is a long-haul technique IF that is what they're doing. Although, as tech savvy as young people are today, I'd bet there are ways to visit the website anonymously and to bounce your IP address around, even internationally . . .

Well shoot, I should be expecting a knock at my door soon. I’ve probably checked the website 30 times in the past hour just trying to get the last 2 locations on the map to load :eek:

I think that LE made a huge mistake early on, by not making the public aware of the things they mentioned today. If they had come out initially, and told the public to be aware of fresh injuries, vehicle damage, behavioral changes, and a change in appearance, this would have increased the likelihood of more people calling in to report people who have exhibited these things.

Over three weeks have now passed, and people may not remember certain things, especially fresh injuries that a person has observed in regards to someone else.

I chalked up lack of comment by LE early on, as evidence that they had something solid to work with. I was clearly wrong, and am disturbed greatly by this apparent oversight.

My feelings exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member