Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I get when I inspect the map element on the website for both area 2 and area 4

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 5.30.57 PM.png

Is that a small body of water (pond, marsh, bog) on the map to the left of the intersection of Historic US 6?

I believe there is. Maybe a couple ponds. There is also the creek S of it.

I don't think this was a crime of passion, or something spontaneous due to anger or what have you. In those cases, more often than not things are not properly thought out and planned, mistakes are made, evidence is left. Hence I don't think this was personal, or carried out by someone Mollie knows who may have a thing for her. I think this perp was cold and calculated, and I still lean to opportunistic stranger abduction, by someone clever and possibly experienced, and who is a loner.

I just got home and started watching the video. I skipped the statements about how many people like Mollie. I skipped the part about how all resources are being used. I skipped the part about "We have a timeline, but we're not talking about the timeline". I skipped the part about it's time to ask yourself if someone is looking or acting strangely or cleaned their car that next day. And I skipped the part about they're looking at the electronic footprint. Basically, I scanned for substance that shined any light on even a general theory.

I'll be back later with my thoughts, but for now, while I get that no LE is going to spill on camera and bring us into an investigation (nor should they), this was a nothingburger with some word salad on the side.

Bottom line in my view (not much different from what I already thought) - she was taken by a predator, I do not believe she willingly hopped in a car with an acquaintance who also happened to be an abductor, I believe she is dead, and now I believe they have less info than we might have hoped. Because she was taken by a predator who apparently did a grab and go.

Feeling not at all warm and fuzzy about waiting a month to have a serious and detailed convo with the public about what to take notice of in the behavior and activities of others around them. Because we here on forum might know that, not everyone does. Sheesh.

Areas 2 and 4 are missing on the map. Not sure if these coordinates can help in determining what they are

<map name="tibbetts">
<area id="area1" shape="circle" coords="344,187,22" alt="" >
<area id="area2" shape="circle" coords="494,157,22" alt="" >
<area id="area3" shape="circle" coords="385,297,22" alt="" >
<area id="area4" shape="circle" coords="505,377,22" alt="" >
<area id="area5" shape="circle" coords="385,197,22" alt="" >
</map>

You all realize that Google Maps gives you a photo of the area in early spring or late fall? It's brown.

I can page through the google photos of my place to see when they were taken.

I think (correct me if I am wrong) that if you looked at a photo of that area today or Aug 1, 2018 you will see a different landscape with corn and green trees. I have areas on my acreage where the trees are so dense you cannot see..the temp is significantly lower that in the sun. And it is all not the same. There are dense undergrowth areas with dogwood. Then there are the deciduous cover forests with maple, oak, cherry, walnut, hickory, box elder, birch, willow, mulberry, elm, cottonwood, sand linden.

If there is dense undergrowth with dogwood and that other stupid little berry bush, poison ivy, VA creeper etc a person cannot even get in there. Deer can hide there easily. (the poison ivy crawls up the tree thicker than a rope)

I really wish LE can clarify what they meant by "abroad" since I heard it too. Was it a Freudian slip? Did he mean to say the surrounding areas or actually out of the country (which leans towards human trafficking)?

Personally, I do not think it is human trafficking however, to me, MT passes for a young teenager.

LE can say whatever they want if they feel for the greater good.
Look at the McStay family case. For three years, San Bernardino LE said, "We see no signs of a crime at the house." When they finally arrested Chase Merritt, it emerged that there was physical evidence all over the house.
That's why press conferences are meaningless.

I would not like to see him involved with any online sleuthing forum. He's heartbroken, probably not sleeping and needs to find a little bit of normalcy in his life. The poor man is hurting enough. And I doubt he's going to say anything more than he's already said to the public. :(

I agree. The last thing he needs is to make the rounds in the sleuthing groups where people are tossing around scenarios and theories about his daughter (not to mention skirting TOS by vaguely hinting at POIs who haven't been named). And, most likely, he has been coached not to reveal anything that hasn't already been said anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom