Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we're 24 threads in now:( I really hope more information is released at the press conference today in order to help find Mollie. I'm trying to think of what the main purpose of the press conferences have been:
a. Get this out to in the public eye?
- At this point everyone in North America knows about this case
b. Put pressure on a perp?
- If this was the case, I don't think it worked otherwise we would have a POI or suspect by now I think
c. Reassure the public that LE is working tirelessly
- We know they are so no point in rehashing this

MOO!

Any other thoughts on the purpose of today's press conference?

Also, have there been anymore searches in the area? Do we have any verified insiders?

Thank you mods for your hard work!
One other possible factor: Appease the family.

I've got 2 questions I can't answer for myself. I have tried before asking.

Why was she doing homework on summer break?

What does MOO mean?

I believe she was taking a summer course, getting some extra credits out of the way in order to make the rest of her course load a bit lighter.

MOO = my opinion only (or there’s another variation meaning close to the same thing)

They removed that page due to people digging into their employees personal information and posting crazy serial killer accusations. Unregulated forums are reckless and irresponsible.

There's a fb page that is opening themselves up for a lawsuit in my opinion. Full on names, photos, addresses and accusations.

I hate to admit this but I don't think we'll be finding Mollie alive. I think they should be looking for her in the usual hiding places...under a bridge or in a culvert, in water, near the side of the road.

I've got 2 questions I can't answer for myself. I have tried before asking.

Why was she doing homework on summer break?

What does MOO mean?

Around here, it almost seems like MOO = "peace out" :)

ETA: As a runner, watching some of SharonNeedles' videos gives me the creeps. Especially the cornfields and more remote areas, just before coming up to the house and electric co-op. I don't know, I see a stop-and-grab happening in a lot of those places. Not right in front of homes, obviously. It is a cute town and pretty areas, just definitely remote looking in some areas. Thank you for the videos!

MOO

RSBM: I thought this too but then I noticed at one point that the sidewalks are reeeeeally far away from the street-- like, way more than I've ever seen. Maybe this is a Midwest thing but I thought it strange. So if she was running on the sidewalk, probably (MOO) not a grab and go situation. But SharonNeedles mentioned in the video that she probably jogged in the street, so who really knows.
I live in Iowa. Sidewalks are more for walking & or pushing strollers. Jogging is done on the streets.

I live in Iowa. Sidewalks are more for walking & or pushing strollers. Jogging is done on the streets.

Little regional differences like this are so interesting to me. I live in New Jersey and I have never thought twice about jogging with headphones on (something a lot of posters here agree is a no-no) but I would never jog in the street, even in my quiet neighborhood. I'll go around you, in the grass or something, if you're walking in front of me but jogging in the street seems crazy to me.

If she usually picked up her shared car the night before from her mom's house, wouldn't her car have been in the driveway during her first night alone in the house? I'm not sure whether that was reported...or that she normally picked it up the next morning.

It makes sense, but I haven't seen that reported. In any case, this list was updated yesterday and I'll post the most recent version when I get caught up.

I just keep hoping that with today's technology...they could find her. I mean the us gov can find an ant on the side of a mountain in Afghanistan...but we can't find a young woman tied to multiple sm platforms...sorry...just getting sad... frustrated.
She had an iPhone and I know there's a Find My Phone option. I'm an Android user so I have absolutely no idea how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member