Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
by Leigh Egan
August 14, 2018

On Monday, Iowa law enforcement highlighted and released a map of the areas they are concentrating on, including a car wash close to the business strip in Brooklyn and a TA truck stop off of Interstate-80. They’re also focusing on farm areas next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that spans across 20 miles Northeast and into the Iowa River.

Authorities also pinpointed areas around the Brooklyn home of Dalton Blake, Mollie’s boyfriend. Mollie was dog-sitting at Dalton’s home on July 18, the last day anyone heard from her. Further, they plan to explore two areas of rural farmland, accessible via dirt roads only.

It’s still unclear why law enforcement decided to focus on the specific areas, but according to Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, they are “considering all potential scenarios,” including the possibility that someone harmed Mollie.

And timeline shown Mollie Tibbetts Update: Authorities focus on car wash & truck shop in search of missing college student

Just my thoughts, but I have reviewed the points and the police calls (like the one where something was recovered at the truck stop), and I think this is a trail of breadcrumbs leading LE out of town.

I really don’t believe that someone would be (I hate to say the word, but...) “skillfully” taken without a trace, and then that same perp would leave evidence of some kind at a truck stop close to town. It doesn’t make sense. If something related was found on Pershing, then her phone pinged near the hog farms, and something MAY have been recovered at a truck stop (or at least the bullet point is there), then why wouldn’t that person have waited if they were going on the interstate anyway? I think its super misleading...

I’m trying to come up with a comparison analysis to MT’s case and that of other similar ones where the victim was outdoors and abducted by a stranger. The only ones I can think of are Sierah Joughrin, Libby & Abby, and Evansville, IA girls. Does anyone know where I can find any others on this here? I want to compare mileage from where the victim’s remains where found and where they were abducted, if it was a serial abducter, motive, evidence used to find and convict the perpetrator, type of town crime occurred, etc. I figure this may be helpful to the MT case.

Good graphic of the five location from the daily mail.

The website includes a map (pictured above) that pinpoints the five spots investigators are focusin… Search for Mollie Tibbetts zeros in on five spots in Brooklyn | Daily Mail Online via http://dailym.ai/android

Does anyone know the significance of the southernmost location on these maps? It doesn't match up to the pig farm, and the property records for the surrounding locations don't match anything we've seen, or heard before.

Is the map giving a "general" location for the areas outside of town, or is there something specific we know about that location? It is the vicinity of V21 & 430th Ave.

If a trucker, how big of a truck would have been able to navigate those streets?

a trucker could drop their trailer and go just about anywhere with just the truck part. but why think just trucker because truck stop is thought of? I drive a car and my regular fill up spot is a truck stop. another thought about the carnival being in town, the rides that are common at little fairs or carnivals are pulled there by big truck so there could be trucks around with no trailers attached.

Could you, or anyone else who is focused on "recovery", please quote the use of "recovery" in this website to clarify why we should assume that the search for Mollie is a "recovery" rather than a "missing person".

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

I edited my original post. Here is the quote:
“A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie.”
Bbm

It's certainly possible that someone drove into town for gas or snacks, which probably means that he stopped by Casey's. The video and receipts from that store would account for a large percentage of out-of-towners during that time period, IMHO.
Yes Casey’s in small burgs are akin to Walmart in populated areas; to gossip and get the scoop as well as drinks, quick items and gas.
Almost all small rural towns have one now days along with a Dollar General if they are lucky.
I dont know the gen pop of her town perhaps 100 counting cats and dogs it looks very quiet. Casey’s are the local watering hole if there isn’t a bar.

Just my thoughts, but I have reviewed the points and the police calls (like the one where something was recovered at the truck stop), and I think this is a trail of breadcrumbs leading LE out of town.

I really don’t believe that someone would be (I hate to say the word, but...) “skillfully” taken without a trace, and then that same perp would leave evidence of some kind at a truck stop close to town. It doesn’t make sense. If something related was found on Pershing, then her phone pinged near the hog farms, and something MAY have been recovered at a truck stop (or at least the bullet point is there), then why wouldn’t that person have waited if they were going on the interstate anyway? I think its super misleading...
I agree totally. It’s not like this person ran out of gas and had to stop there (well maybe who knows). But likely LE has some video evidence of the same vehicle being there and in Brooklyn.

by Leigh Egan
August 14, 2018

On Monday, Iowa law enforcement highlighted and released a map of the areas they are concentrating on, including a car wash close to the business strip in Brooklyn and a TA truck stop off of Interstate-80. They’re also focusing on farm areas next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that spans across 20 miles Northeast and into the Iowa River.

Authorities also pinpointed areas around the Brooklyn home of Dalton Blake, Mollie’s boyfriend. Mollie was dog-sitting at Dalton’s home on July 18, the last day anyone heard from her. Further, they plan to explore two areas of rural farmland, accessible via dirt roads only.

It’s still unclear why law enforcement decided to focus on the specific areas, but according to Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, they are “considering all potential scenarios,” including the possibility that someone harmed Mollie.

And timeline shown Mollie Tibbetts Update: Authorities focus on car wash & truck shop in search of missing college student

You would think by this time they could get the player's names right. {Sigh}

Was there a police call where something was recovered at a truck stop?

Does anyone know the significance of the southernmost location on these maps? It doesn't match up to the pig farm, and the property records for the surrounding locations don't match anything we've seen, or heard before.

Is the map giving a "general" location for the areas outside of town, or is there something specific we know about that location? It is the vicinity of V21 & 430th Ave.
I am most curious about the two farthest east red dots, both farmland. Who owns this farmland, and has it been searched?

Someone mentioned SC being data and wifi.......now I'm wondering if Mollie's phone connected to wifi (around 9:45? or 10:00). Wondering if that's why they aren't looking for information after 10 and asked her mother if she was in a home at that time.
Is her university homework link available on an iPhone? Could she have left the window open and when she connected to a wifi it looked like she had logged in?

I know when I lived in Chicago, I would notice as I walked around that my phone would connect to various wifi of places I'd been to before and had passwords saved on the phone. So I'd walk past the Kimpton hotel, and suddenly I'd be on Kimpton wifi.
Maybe she was near enough somewhere she'd logged on before, or maybe even there was a mobile hotspot near where she was (or was being taken) and her phone logged onto the wifi for a second.

However, would this same person drive 8 hours to the dusty town of Brooklyn to attempt another abduction?

JMO
I think its very possible.
Like mentioned in Post #47 he was escaping the Miner area because he knew the person that got away would go right to LE. So IMO he was getting out of dodge and would drive a long ways to get away from the area.

Like also mentioned it was only 2 turns to get there. I couldnt believe on the map how 2 turns and he could get to MTs area.

I also think he was probably on a mission to abduct a jogger since he failed with his attempt. He may have been in more of a rage after that and went looking again right after his failed attempt.

And since LE seems stumped this other Missouri case keeps coming up as a possiblity to me since the timing was almost perfect for him to be in her area.

I am most curious about the two farthest east red dots, both farmland. Who owns this farmland, and has it been searched?

I believe one of those is the one I'm asking about, as well (Southeastern dot). It didn't take long to find out who owns those properties, but the names certainly haven't popped up in any discussion. So I'm not sure why these are considered hot spots all of the sudden.

I’m trying to come up with a comparison analysis to MT’s case and that of other similar ones where the victim was outdoors and abducted by a stranger. The only ones I can think of are Sierah Joughrin, Libby & Abby, and Evansville, IA girls. Does anyone know where I can find any others on this here? I want to compare mileage from where the victim’s remains where found and where they were abducted, if it was a serial abducter, motive, evidence used to find and convict the perpetrator, type of town crime occurred, etc. I figure this may be helpful to the MT case.

Molly Bish, Holly Piirainen (sp?), Lindsey Baum come to mind.

Of course those cases are unsolved so it can't be confirmed 100% that strangers were responsible, but the same could be said for the Evansville and Delphi cases.

Eta stupid autocorrect

Just going to throw this out there. Not sure if someone has mentioned it or not. I know a while back in one of the threads someone mentioned that Wednesday is a church night. I also thought remembered that Mollie is religious and does a lot of praying. Not sure on if she goes to church or what church. I am thinking if she is religious she might have went to churches in the area before (even if just one time). I noticed there is a church over on Clay street called Grace United Methodist Church. I wonder if someone from that church told her there was an emergency or something at the church and used that to take advantage of her. The Snapchat COULD have been taken somewhere inside of the church. I would think church services would start around 6PM or 7PM. They would have already have ended by the time the suspected Snapchat was taken. I know Mollie went missing on a Wednesday. And from what I remembered seeing is that Clay street might be near her jogging route. Just a thought I had. There's also a Presbyterian church near there. Could be someone traveling that delivers supplies to the churches or something that Mollie knows (not real well). If they delivered supplies they could be familiar with the area too. Maybe someone working temporarily at the church. I don't know. I don't go to church so I don't know what type of jobs would be listed at a church. Just all speculation.

Please delete if I'm not allowed to post this but I found this church bulletin from 2017 that shows MT as a graduating senior. It is St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Brooklyn so I am assuming this is where her family attended...

http://www.stpatrick-stbridget.org/uploads/9/4/3/5/94351543/bulletin_may_21_2017.pdf

by Leigh Egan
August 14, 2018

I agree, you would have thought they would have already searched these places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova