Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that could have happened too.
My scenario is the car or truck pulls along side of her and asks for directions. Being the sweet girl that she is, she goes to the window......can she be pulled through it? I say yes.:(

Yes if a guy is strong enough he could pull a woman through the window. But I would think she would scream and someone would have heard her. UNLESS this person had something like chloroform on them (not sure though how easy it is to get something like chloroform) and they knocked her out right then with chloroform. They could have asked for directions and as soon as she walked up to their vehicle they put the chloroform up to her mouth. Then she passed out and that's how they got her in their vehicle (maybe even into their trunk). Just all MY opinion on that.

I have no opinion on Mollies' disappearance but I don't feel that she is alive. Week 4 and really minimum news. I am glad that trucks are displaying her disappearance pictures. Exposure certainly cannot hurt. I hope that she is alive but I have my doubts. This thread is full of good theories but at the same time is heart-breaking.

That much seemed clear at the press conference yesterday afternoon - that it is very likely that the shorter time she spent with her abductor, the better.

Seems to me that the only way this will be solved is if two people in Brooklyn, between 5 and 10PM on July 18, report the same thing at two or more of the points of interest. Sure hope the tip-line servers are not clogged with citizen sleuths.

It appears that Mollie had a regular running routine and my guess is that the perp may have been watching and planning this abduction for some time. Hence they had already thought out a plan of what to do with Mollie after the abduction. LE have put many resources into this and don't seem to be making progress, this seems to be well planned out and not random?

I agree, but I don’t think it would take very long to make a plan. The perp could have only been in town for a day....seen her running...made a plan that evening, and came back the next day and grabbed her. Especially because if he were only there for a day and scoped her out, he would have noticed she was alone at home, etc. And especially if it is a serial killer, he would have possibly already done this in the past, so it wouldn’t take a lot of extra planning once you find your next victim. Crazy scary stuff.

Yes, that could have happened too.
My scenario is the car or truck pulls along side of her and asks for directions. Being the sweet girl that she is, she goes to the window......can she be pulled through it? I say yes.:(
Yup, that certainly plays as well.

Sorry if this has been answered or discussed already, (i'm trying to keep up with the new threads and read the older ones) but have k9s been brought in at any point? I haven't read anything in MSM about it but it seems like they would have been at some point? (Or I just read too many crime cases)

Yes if a guy is strong enough he could pull a woman through the window. But I would think she would scream and someone would have heard her. UNLESS this person had something like chloroform on them (not sure though how easy it is to get something like chloroform) and they knocked her out right then with chloroform. They could have asked for directions and as soon as she walked up to their vehicle they put the chloroform up to her mouth. Then she passed out and that's how they got her in their vehicle (maybe even into their trunk). Just all MY opinion on that.

Not really. A guy with big hands can just make sure he covers her nose and mouth very tightly until she gets pulled into the vehicle. As someone mentioned earlier, some killers in the past have removed inside door handles, stuff like that, to prevent escape.

I think something like drugs in a syringe would be faster and easier than chloroform, if absolutely necessary. Also easier to get ahold of on the street. It’s possible a tranquilizer or drug of some sort could have been administered.

Couldn't agree more. Believe me, you would know if you hit a deer. DH hit several when we lived back there (we used to tease him that he was the only person who hunted deer with a vehicle instead of a gun, or a bow and arrows :D)

I was with him when we hit one on the freeway. We saw a flash of brown fur flying in front of the car, so we knew what it was. The deer was well enough to run off. We weren't so lucky with the car.

And, no, I don't think a collision between a deer and a vehicle could be staged. Even though they will stand and look at you on the side of the road, as they are contemplating running in front of your vehicle, they will bolt when approached on foot.

I agree! The mayor of my home town was killed in a deer collision. I’ve never hit one myself, but I would assume it would be a paper thin story. Someone asked, I said I had seen it on the call log, and I wanted to make sure I followed up. I agree it’s an unlikely scenario. I do think the call logs are interesting. They definitely spark questions for me. The trick is figuring out where the calls are coming from. This is a large county.

Jmo and I am sure it just me, but I don’t see the point of vigils really. I guess if the community needs it, it will happen?
Agree. They do, however, seem to mark a certain point in an investigation. Whether it's gone cold or LE believes the missing person is deceased - I'm not quite sure. If a body was recovered there'd be funeral-type services instead. IMO

That much seemed clear at the press conference yesterday afternoon - that it is very likely that the shorter time she spent with her abductor, the better.

Seems to me that the only way this will be solved is if two people in Brooklyn, between 5 and 10PM on July 18, report the same thing at two or more of the points of interest. Sure hope the tip-line servers are not clogged with citizen sleuths.

Agree completely. If they think it is someone local, they need two or more people to say they saw someone or someone's car at those points of interest when that person either said they weren't there or said they were somewhere else.

He wouldn't need to pull her through the window, he could just grab hold of her arm, bump her with the door while opening it, and force her in the vehicle. It would have been easy with a weapon, as well.

I'm sure you're all probably getting tired of my "great" ideas, but I have another one. In order to get her into his vehicle quickly and without drawing too much attention, he could have waited until the road looked pretty clear, pulled over a little bit in front of her (either just before she got to DJ's house or around the turn to her mother's place (since most of us have assumed he's been stalking her at least a little bit.) All he'd have to do is open the hood of his car, and stop her as she came by. He could tell her it was overheating and ask if she knew somewhere close by that he could get some water for it. Being the type of person she seems to have been, she'd probably tell him she could get him some from whichever place she was closest to. He'd then say he had a jug in the trunk, open it, and then grab her and throw her in. All he'd have to do is slam the trunk, close the hood and take off. Do I read too many murder mysteries?

I agree! The mayor of my home town was killed in a deer collision. I’ve never hit one myself, but I would assume it would be a paper thin story. Someone asked, I said I had seen it on the call log, and I wanted to make sure I followed up. I agree it’s an unlikely scenario. I do think the call logs are interesting. They definitely spark questions for me. The trick is figuring out where the calls are coming from. This is a large county.

I don’t know what the call logs mean. Could someone call the police to say they hit a deer so they get it recorded for insurance claims purposes? Would police have to inspect the car or is that left to the insurance company?

Sorry if this has been answered or discussed already, (i'm trying to keep up with the new threads and read the older ones) but have k9s been brought in at any point? I haven't read anything in MSM about it but it seems like they would have been at some point? (Or I just read too many crime cases)

Thank you for joining the discussion. No need to apologise. I’m sure law enforcement have brought in dogs as one of their investigative tools on searches they can be very useful.

They used cadaver dogs as well as scent dogs, I believe. At the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova