Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still here and invested totally in finding Mollie! I'm working on some ideas and whether or not I can post them. Let's get Mollie home! I do think it's possible she is still alive and being held. I sure hope so! Her dad and her boyfriend are amazing people! They will do whatever it takes! I applaud them so much! Our Mollie will be found!

I noticed that. Night before too at the True Value.

Note to LE: Find the kids/teens who were out and about doing mischief and mayhem the night MT went missing! The more JD, the better. Not because they did it, but because they are likely the ones who did see something, but who are reticent about coming forward because they would have to admit their own guilt as to exactly why they were there when they saw something suspicious. Also, they are the ones who may know about the underground life of Brooklyn, better than the adults. You would be shocked as to what kids cruising around, or hanging out at the truck stop, at night might see. The problem is they may not realize how important what they saw was. And if it pans out, make sure they get a chunk of the reward money!

Past unsolved cases are what is alarming so many of us, imo, as we all have seen how quickly they can go “cold” in terms of interest, new info, fewer PC’s if any etc...it is a matter of time before all this happens...probably another month or so if nothing happens and she is not found.

Then you only have the anniversary of the first year, etc...all too soon. I never imagined that Lauren, Kyron, Kortne, Jennifer and many others would not be found even years later. The possibility of this happening with Mollie is tragic.

I've been thinking about the map on her site - they didn't just pick those spots out of thin air. I'm betting someone else's phone pinged at the same spots, at the same time, as hers. I'm also betting they already know who it is.

What they don't have is physical evidence so they are asking the public for help physically put the POI in one or two of those places. Someone was following her.

One possibility just hit me that would account for several places she was supposed to be. If she started out going east on W. Pershing around 7:30, the guy there would probably be right about seeing her then, later when she was getting closer to the end of her run, she may have been running west on 2nd Street, so the guy there would be right about her passing there. If she continued on 2nd and then turned on 385th, she would probably have passed by the neighbor's house where LE told him she had passed but he hadn't seen here. Once she got back to the house, she may have just stopped running and started walking to her mother's house to eat, get the car and her clothes for the next day; that would account for the witness on W. Des Moines seeing her walk by toward Jackson. That would mean she was probably picked up on Jackson, taken to Hwy 6 and east to the NE area of interest. Did I miss much in that?

ETA: Running on 2nd Street would also have brought her past Casey's.

That is the problem with her jogging route being from the house-sit house and back to the house-sit house. She typically collected the car from her brother so that she was ready to go directly to work in the morning. In fact, her brother was surprised when he saw the car in the morning and phoned her at 7:30AM to see if she needed a ride.

The problem with the sighting of Mollie running West on 2nd Street is that she's going in the wrong direction if she intends to collect the car, which apparently was the expectation - that she would collect the car before dark.

If there another reason that investigators are interested in the car wash? Did someone come into Brooklyn to clean a truck and notice Mollie while cruising around?

The latest PC was troubling in that it seems like the investigators don't know a whole lot and there seemed to be an underlying "this is now a recovery" type of vibe.

I hope they find Mollie unharmed.

I suspect the perp wasn't a local. If it was a local or someone known in Mollie's circle or known in the community, they probably would have been interviewed/revealed in the investigative process. Most likely scenario was someone driving through who came in off the interstate, grabbed her, and drove away. I hate to say this, but in this scenario she was probably killed within 12 hours of being abducted and disposed of outside of Brooklyn beyond the scope of where searches are being conducted.

The idea that someone she knows has her and perhaps misinterpreted their relationship seems unlikely to me. If this was the case I suspect that individual would have been known within the area and would have been interviewed and found out.

The last possibility I can foresee is that she was a victim of human trafficking. Though I don't know that she would be ideal to them any more given how high profile her case has become.

Whatever the case, I'm starting to worry they may never find her. Closure would be nice for the family. Really seems like investigators don't know very much and are grasping at straws.

Yes, Gps chipping has been going on

GPS tracking bool

Guys, I live in California. I can 100% confirm that children do not have GPS tracking chips implanted into them. Doing so, would be a violation of the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. This is the same reason why your cell phone has the option to share your location and why various websites and
apps have to explicitly request your permission to use your location data.

Didn't get a chance to thank you for explaining about SC's. Really appreciate it and your sharing what you know with us.

I was under the impression with a finger ID, once the iphone's unlocked, all the apps would be too, as most people stay signed in, that I know. What you explained made sense.

Maybe if the perp had access to the apps and they took a picture of a picture, but that seems too convoluted.

Last edited:
At this point I believe it was foul play... the prep intent was to assault her and then murder her then dispose of her or sadly suicide..., this case is missing a lot of details others cases have to be solved... like.. her own personal vehicle missing, a witness watching her get into a car willingly or unwilling, a local POI that’s been acting suspicious and on LE radar before she disappeared, personal items being found that were with her at the time she vanished i.g purse, phone, wallet, fitbit, headband, shoes, clothing..possibly ripped off her during a struggle. Another issue with her jogging is, everything was fastened/secured to her body, including her Fitbit and sports arm band holding her phone on her arm.. it wouldn’t just fall out of her hand.

Or the deer may or may not have run off into the woods...

OT: Make sure it's really, really truly dead before you load up any road kill, People have been seriously hurt by road kill deer that came to in the back of an enclosed vehicle (e.g station wagon, carry all, van, even a pick-up...)

Completely OT: Cartoon in the New Yorker of two mobsters waiting for the third mobster who is just walking in. Caption reads (presumably spoken by the now arriving hit man): "Sorry I'm late, but I hit a deer and I had to make it look like an accident."

We might have already had this exchange but this route doesn’t take into consideration the Des Moines and Jackson sighting. Was it you who was thinking she finished her run and then walked to her moms to account for that sighting?

I don't think she went jogging and then walked to her mom's house before dark. From the press conference yesterday:

"Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours."​

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

I understood that she ran on Des Moines and then turned right on West Str. From there, she ran East on W. Pershing Dr. There's another sighting somewhere around the Funeral Home, but that hasn't been verified and it's unknown which direction she was headed. The next sighting I'm aware of is on 2nd Street heading towards Caseys.

What if we exclude the 2nd Street location from "Mollie sightings", but keep the car was, how would that change the route?

Attachments

• Mollie 12.jpg
    Mollie 12.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 33
Note to LE: Find the kids/teens who were out and about doing mischief and mayhem the night MT went missing! The more JD, the better. Not because they did it, but because they are likely the ones who did see something, but who are reticent about coming forward because they would have to admit their own guilt as to exactly why they were there when they saw something suspicious. Also, they are the ones who may know about the underground life of Brooklyn, better than the adults. You would be shocked as to what kids cruising around, or hanging out at the truck stop, at night might see. The problem is they may not realize how important what they saw was. And if it pans out, make sure they get a chunk of the reward money!

Completely agree here!

MOO
I don't think LE interest in the car wash is because the person washed or cleaned their vehicle. Someone there may have noticed something or maybe something was picked up on the camera. Maybe a strange vehicle sitting there. How close is the car wash to the reported sighting around 8-8:30?
Most car washes also have dumpsters. Although not unusual to witness patron dumping more than car litter, it would be unusual to see neighbor Alfred dumping a couple boxes or bags at the car wash when you know he has garbage service every Tuesday at his curb...

That is the problem with her jogging route being from the house-sit house and back to the house-sit house. She typically collected the car from her brother so that she was ready to go directly to work in the morning. In fact, her brother was surprised when he saw the car in the morning and phoned her at 7:30AM to see if she needed a ride.

The problem with the sighting of Mollie running West on 2nd Street is that she's going in the wrong direction if she intends to collect the car, which apparently was the expectation - that she would collect the car before dark.

If there another reason that investigators are interested in the car wash? Did someone come into Brooklyn to clean a truck and notice Mollie while cruising around?
In my story, a camera at the car wash recorded her, and one at Casey's recorded her when she ran past there (continuing on 2nd Street). As I said a few posts back (hard to remember, lately I post almost as much as I talk!), she could have come 385th/W. Des Moines to the house to finish her run, and then planned to walk to her mother's for her cool down time. If she started her run about 7:30, she would have been back to the house about 8:15, and then could walk to her mother's house by 8:30-8:45. It would still be light when she got there, she could get her clothes for the next day (the red shirt), or could shower after eating, spend the night and stop to take care of the dogs on the way to work.

The latest PC was troubling in that it seems like the investigators don't know a whole lot and there seemed to be an underlying "this is now a recovery" type of vibe.

I hope they find Mollie unharmed.

I suspect the perp wasn't a local. If it was a local or someone known in Mollie's circle or known in the community, they probably would have been interviewed/revealed in the investigative process. Most likely scenario was someone driving through who came in off the interstate, grabbed her, and drove away. I hate to say this, but in this scenario she was probably killed within 12 hours of being abducted and disposed of outside of Brooklyn beyond the scope of where searches are being conducted.

The idea that someone she knows has her and perhaps misinterpreted their relationship seems unlikely to me. If this was the case I suspect that individual would have been known within the area and would have been interviewed and found out.

The last possibility I can foresee is that she was a victim of human trafficking. Though I don't know that she would be ideal to them any more given how high profile her case has become.

Whatever the case, I'm starting to worry they may never find her. Closure would be nice for the family. Really seems like investigators don't know very much and are grasping at straws.

Totally agree with you about everything except the trafficking...seems like trafficked people are often children or runaways or people who have less control over what happens to them. It would be very difficult to traffick an independent, busy, active college student, I think.

Otherwise, I agree that it was an outsider who happened to come by and grab her. Maybe spur of the moment, or maybe planned over a 24 hour period after his first sighting of her. But I definitely think she was gone after the first 12 hours or so. So sad and scary, since it seems like this stuff can just happen to anyone, randomly...everyone should have sort of a mental preparation “just in case” these days.

If you can be kidnapped at gunpoint in the middle of the day from a Walgreens or CVS parking lot, it can happen anywhere, anytime. Both happened. And not so long ago. One was a girl about Mollie's age who was followed to her car in broad daylight, pulled the gun on her, forced to the passenger seat and took off with her. It did not end well.

All he would have to do is pull up beside her, show her a gun and she might get in. Now my instinct would be to just run but you never know how you're going to react until it happens.
And I might add that cellphone records placed Zoe Hastings murderer in the Walgreens parking lot.

We cannot underestimate a digital footprint. Just within the last two days, it's been reported that Google tracks our every movement - even if your location option is turned off. LE know where she went and her path, which is why they are confident about the timeline.

I've been thinking about the map on her site - they didn't just pick those spots out of thin air. I'm betting someone else's phone pinged at the same spots, at the same time, as hers. I'm also betting they already know who it is.

What they don't have is physical evidence so they are asking the public for help physically put the POI in one or two of those places. Someone was following her.

There just areas, that someone could have seen something, truckstop, maybe a rural area she ran on, its just how it is, LE has no clue, family is just not completely hit with it, in shock
Its pretty obvious its how every cold case goes, if they had something they would have run with it along time ago.

There just hoping for a tip, thinking someone had to see something, but unlike a city there may have been no one to witness this crime.

I think the whole scenario reeks of someone coming off interstate, and swooping her up maybe a couple of guys, we always think one but it easily be 2 bad people.

Search of around brooklyn fields could be pointless, she could be 100 miles from there in a field.

The fact that her jogging clothes iphone, and fitbit are missing makes it pretty obvious she was taken on the run. Generally you dont take your id in work out clothes is there is no pockets and it wiil fly out. A run that hard in the hot humid weather of iowa, first thing you would do when you come home from 45 minute run is shower and change. Another thing ill throw in is iphones battery are notoriously bad, her phone was probably dead before anyone had the chance to make contact in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova