Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to think local. From yesterdays' presser:

“It is possible that Mollie came into contact with someone who has caused her harm,” Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt went on to say that a person involved in Tibbetts’ disappearance may not be a member of the community member but is likely familiar with the community.

Authorities launch website dedicated to finding Mollie Tibbetts

I don't know much if anything about FitBits but I think they track your heart rate correct? Not to be morbid but say MT was wearing her FitBit when/if she died. Would that show on it? Would it show her heart rate slow down to the point of stopping? Where destroying it or removing it from her body would show her heart rate going along as normal and then poof it immediately stops?

Someone mentioned SC being data and wifi.......now I'm wondering if Mollie's phone connected to wifi (around 9:45? or 10:00). Wondering if that's why they aren't looking for information after 10 and asked her mother if she was in a home at that time.
Is her university homework link available on an iPhone? Could she have left the window open and when she connected to a wifi it looked like she had logged in?

I know when I lived in Chicago, I would notice as I walked around that my phone would connect to various wifi of places I'd been to before and had passwords saved on the phone. So I'd walk past the Kimpton hotel, and suddenly I'd be on Kimpton wifi.
Maybe she was near enough somewhere she'd logged on before, or maybe even there was a mobile hotspot near where she was (or was being taken) and her phone logged onto the wifi for a second.
^I think you're on the right track. Maybe those areas are wifi spots that Mollie's phone connected to, or attempted to connect to, in the 5PM - 10PM time frame.

Am I correct in my summation that the “large reward for the recovery of Mollie” located on the new website is separate from that of the Crime Stoppers reward?

I have rechecked the crime stoppers donation form and it still includes the verbiage of “safe return of Mollie” as recent as right this moment which leads me to think they are separate.

If that is correct, would the reward for recovery be through/from the Local LE/DCI/FBI? Do we know where the (possibly) new recovery fund is coming from?

the inclusion of a car wash as a POI by LE could be aimed towards a hit and run perpetrater not by directly focusing on that business but by signaling they arent ruling out that posibility. If you literally have evidence of a crime on your vehicle you would probably clean it yourself

Regarding the request for anyone who was in the area of the red dots during the time frame to call investigators:

I'm sure they have interviewed a lot of people. If they interview everyone who was in those areas, and find out who these people came upon, they are locking in their timeline. If Joe Public said he wasn't in town on said evening, and they have 4 witnesses saying he was there, Joe is now boxed into a busted alibi. Time to bring Joe back in.

Pretty hard for me to believe that someone capable of murdering a woman like Mollie would be oh so put out by a drive along the highway to complete that murder plan, LOL.

This requires that the suspect in Miner MO lives a completely transient life and that no one in his life expects him to turn up to sleep or eat at any predictable time.

The vehicle was at the truck stop first then somewhere in Brooklyn. Could be something; could be nothing. But IMO there is nothing else to tie the two points together. I believe they are looking at someone at the truck stop noticing a vehicle and someone in town noticing the same vehicle. At both points the vehicle or its occupant could be unremarkable but being in both places that same evening could be telling.

I think it makes no sense about the car wash, If she was seen about 8, the perp must have got her after that time.

Her phone pings in those other spots and then the perp comes back to the car wash?

I guess it is possible. That would mean the perp cannot clean the car at his place of residence. Hotel, living with parents or wife .

Do these kinds of perps ever have roommates?

JMO
This Missouri case perp is one of my top theories.

*He tried to abduct a random jogger the very day before MT was reported as missing.

*Perp was after a jogger and tried to get her in his vehicle

*Perp knew she would go to LE when she escaped and he had to leave the area

*I55 is right there and so he had two choices. North or South. Once he got on that road he would have driven a long ways IMO to get out of dodge.

*2 turns and he could have been in MTs area.
I-55 north from Miner and then when he hit Peoria Illinois he would take a Northwest turn on I-74 and then to I-80 west and right into MT's town.

*We know MT was jogging at some point

*The timing is perfect for him to be in MT area after the known day and time he attempted the jogger abduction in Missouri. Whether he spent one night somewhere or not the timing was just about right for him to be in her area.

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

I have been on this thought since it was reported. I haven't posted anything about it because these thread's derail so easily. I honestly think this should be a consideration in MT's thread. JMO

Google maps views of the D&M car wash. Google Maps and Google Maps

Note those Google images are from 2013, taken during when the car wash was being constructed. Looking at those images I see no outside camera installs but that doesn't mean they weren't added afterward.

Brooklyn locals, can you determine if cameras are currently installed at the D & M Car Wash? If expect though that if there were LE would have been attempting to locate customers from the evening of and days after the event. As of this last presser there is no indication of such attempts.

This requires that the suspect in Miner MO lives a completely transient life and that no one in his life expects him to turn up to sleep or eat at any predictable time.
I've said nothing about Missouri, Otto. I would make no presumptions about a case you refer to here, as I know nothing about it.

We're discussing SK transportation. My posts have been about LE's use of geographical radius as one tool to narrow down a perp's home. That's the point of my posts.

and all those places you noticed logged into would have your mac address. that doesn't mean to much in reguards to this except LE likely knows her mac address from her own router if from no where else so if she connected to a wifi that router would have logged her mac address. now take that thought and understand there are some places that have wifi and require no passcode. like the truck stop. and potentially any other network that she had saved passcodes for or was a open wifi.

Right.
That's why I'm wondering if those places that look like the middle of nowhere- or as you said, the truck stop- are interesting because Mollie's phone briefly connected to wifi there and maybe activated apps that she had cell data turned "off" for. Or iMessages could get delivered to her suddenly. A farm with no neighbors might not worry about putting a password on their wifi. Or the sprint mobile hotspot might cover an are she/her phone were being driven through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova