Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that underground in storm celler idea sounded wild when I first seen it, but the more I think about it....perp could have a secret such place, have it stocked, have her there and still be there themselves. I would think it would be a cool temp and if no outside lite comeing in time could even become distorted, im not saying it would make one think just hours had past at this point, but it could greatly distort how many days I would think. someplace like that would also keep sounds in and out. it also might work a persons mind in other ways. it still sounds wild, but we don't know. we don't know nothing really.

There was an odd comment made on the KCCI TV web site, concerning their video montage of the 5 'red dot' areas highlited by LE at their most recent PC. The comment was made about the area in the farmland East of Brooklyn, near the intersection of Hwy 6 and V21. The person making the comment was asking if anyone else recalled that there were underground bunkers in this area, as she recalled seeing a map indicating this. No other details were given. It sounds like the stuff of urban legends, but what if this was true. Who knows what the Government may have built under Midwest farmland during the Cold War. I thought you might find this interesting.

We keep going back to the fact that LE isn't warning about danger to the public, but I don't think they would unless they had some good reason to believe another attack was imminent. Realistically, what are they going to ask people to do? Not go outside? I lived in NYC until a few years ago and after 9/11 there were random times where LE warned of a higher risk of attack, and nothing ever happened. Then there were random terrorist attacks with no warning. Even after actual attempted attacks (like the Times Square bombing) Mayor Bloomberg got on TV and told people to go about the normal lives.

Unless there's some concrete evidence of something preventable happening, what is there to warn about? Presumably just announcing that there is a missing person would cause parents to keep a closer eye on their children and people to not venture out alone.
Great explanation. Makes perfect sense. Clears up alot of misunderstanding about this, at least for me.

There is a SO that lives 2 blocks from Green, 1 block from Pleasant, and 1 block from Mills on Pershing. The other SO in the area lives close to Des Moines and Mills. Could be coincidence, or it could be spidey sense.

According to the official Iowa RSO registry website on these neighborhood Tier 3 RSOs:
One is 6’2”, 240lbs and in his mid 30s, while the other is 5’3”, 150lbs, and in his mid 20s. It is definitely creepy. If you first heard about this case without knowing anything other than that she was abducted, this is the direction Occam’s razor would lead you. Especially given that they both probably see her running all the time and have had ample opportunity to plan and carry out any plans. However, I’m sure checking these high risk RSOs out was probably one of the first things LE did. Granted, such sexual predators fantasize about these things all the time for years, just stewing, and have had a long time to come up with a plan to satisfy their sick itch and also to avoid getting caught doing it. These particular RSOs must have given a rock solid alibi to LE, otherwise they will continue to be looked at closely until the resolution of this case.

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Press conference from Monday August 13..."Authorities said they don't feel the public was at risk." Repeated by several MSM who reported on PC.

I reviewed the video of the presser and extracted this exchange:

Question from reporter:

"Is the public at risk?"

Response from Special Agent (in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) Rick Rahn:

bbm

"We don't feel that the public is at risk, per se. I mean, certainly, that's something that people are concerned about, we understand that. But if we, as an investigative agency or an investigative team felt that the public was at risk we would certainly notify them of that, we would provide that information and thus far we haven't found the need to do that at this point."

It's that "per se" that has me wondering.

I don't understand why posts always circle back to casting suspicion and blame on the family? It seems to happen as a filler but how does it help find Mollie? Is the family not suffering enough? How does whether Mollie drove or was a good driver help find her?

These type of posts are against our TOS. Websleuths is a victim friendly environment and includes the family and friends under this umbrella.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

I deal with the VA for their mental health patients and some of them are absolute train wrecks.... That's my professional opinion...
I work in this field as well but haven't encountered any one I would call a train wreck...at least not yet. Most of these patients live in halfway houses instead of hospitals like the old days. And of course if they are a danger it's back to the hospital for a visit.

I was tempted to fill the page with laughing smilies, but that wouldn't be appropriate so I'll just say "Not likely". They probably have some during the Flag Festival which coincides with Flag Day in June, but the rest of the year those vendors would be more likely head to towns where they can actually make some money.

Are you a local?

The running route should be extended to a radius of 3.5mi, 7 mile total run I think ... This would be the distance for a long slow distance when in the first few weeks/months of half-marathon training. If that's the case, the time frame would be extended and there wouldn't be so much unknown in the 5hr window ... 7 miles at 10:30-11mm is almost 1.5hrs of running. And did she run with fluids? Stop somewhere for a quick drink? Do a 3 mile loop and pop in the house for a sip?
but, even if she was training for a half marathon, we wouldn't know for sure what day she did her long run. I went to a training program that did it on Wednesdays in pace groups, but I've also trained alone and made Fridays my long run. If her long run was on Fridays, her Wednesday run might just be 3 or 4 miles depending on the week.

I work in this field as well but haven't encountered any one I would call a train wreck...at least not yet. Most of these patients live in halfway houses instead of hospitals like the old days. And of course if they are a danger it's back to the hospital for a visit.
Something I hadn't thought about. Are there any halfway houses nearby where they house convicts for a bit? Aren't there curfews for these people?
I knew a guy that went to prison for a white collar crime and upon monitored release he was put in a halfway house with drug addicts and some mentally ill. He told me he had negotiated early release by doing this. Now I think he was lying about how he got there but that's another story. He had a curfew but I can't remember what it was. Maybe 9:00 p.m?

Are you a local?

I'm not from Brooklyn but have lived in a handful of similarly-sized towns in the same part of Iowa. There are certain things they all have in common, lack of vendor trucks on a day-to-day basis is one of them. Some of them will have a mobile pizza truck one night a week, but since Brooklyn has a Casey's (Famous for Pizza) it's not likely that they even have that.

but, even if she was training for a half marathon, we wouldn't know for sure what day she did her long run. I went to a training program that did it on Wednesdays in pace groups, but I've also trained alone and made Fridays my long run. If her long run was on Fridays, her Wednesday run might just be 3 or 4 miles depending on the week.

Well if the BF said as far as he knows her runs are 45 minutes, then the day he's not there to know how long it was might be that day...

Something I hadn't thought about. Are there any halfway houses nearby where they house convicts for a bit? Aren't there curfews for these people?
I knew a guy that went to prison for a white collar crime and upon monitored release he was put in a halfway house with drug addicts and some mentally ill. He told me he had negotiated early release by doing this. Now I think he was lying about how he got there but that's another story. He had a curfew but I can't remember what it was. Maybe 9:00 p.m?

Highly unlikely. Those have to be close to parole/probation offices to accommodate the residents who have to meet with them on a regular basis, and Brooklyn doesn't fit that bill.

Adding after the fact: Those folks also generally have to have jobs, which is something else Brooklyn would have a hard time accommodating.

Highly unlikely. Those have to be close to parole/probation offices to accommodate the residents who have to meet with them on a regular basis, and Brooklyn doesn't fit that bill.
Maybe Grinnell does ?

Curfew at house I worked in was 12:00 am. But they were mental health clients, some had records but weren't necessarily criminals.

bbm

We keep going back to the fact that LE isn't warning about danger to the public, but I don't think they would unless they had some good reason to believe another attack was imminent. Realistically, what are they going to ask people to do? Not go outside? I lived in NYC until a few years ago and after 9/11 there were random times where LE warned of a higher risk of attack, and nothing ever happened. Then there were random terrorist attacks with no warning. Even after actual attempted attacks (like the Times Square bombing) Mayor Bloomberg got on TV and told people to go about the normal lives.

Unless there's some concrete evidence of something preventable happening, what is there to warn about? Presumably just announcing that there is a missing person would cause parents to keep a closer eye on their children and people to not venture out alone.

"Something preventable" as in, stay indoors or be watchful to prevent being abducted?

What constitutes "something non-preventable"? That no matter where you are or what you're doing, you will be abducted?

That LE hasn't yet connected or doesn't have the dots to connect with the possibility a SK is at work in that broad area in Iowa doesn't adequately explain LE's nonchalant attitude on this point.

I understand LE doesn't speculate and would not issue public warnings unless they have evidence that dictates they should do so doesn't mean there isn't danger.

LE (we assume) doesn't have evidence that MT left willingly or was abducted by someone she knew as equally as (we assume) they don't have evidence that a SK is at work in Iowa so to which scenario should LE apply greater weight? Err on the side of caution or let lack of evidence dictate their position?

I would suggest facts-to-date (Evansdale abduction/murders and MT likely-abduction) at least hints to a SK working in that broader area.

I would err on the side of caution and notify public to be extra-aware of their surroundings' not necessarily in Brooklyn but within 100-mile radius of the broader Evansdale-Brooklyn area.

Why rely on an indirect source such as Hughes when we have Mother, Father, Brother and BF in MSM all talking about MT driving?

Mollie Tibbetts' dad believes she is with someone she knows
No Gray Hughes...Direct link to original source Fox News.
Discussion of Mollie starts at 4:30 mark. "She can't drive" around 4:34 mark.

Can you provide direct quotes regarding Mollie driving the car or any car from Mom, Brother, or BF, please? Thanks in advance.

I get that, there’s no doubt that a town the size of Brooklyn would need as much help as they can get, I don't imagine they have near the resources required for the sophistication of the multiple data searches alone . I also know that rural America is under attack with Meth and Opiods and trafficking and the Feds know its getting out of control. They might be thinking there is a connect the dots situation here,although I really think they are there because the are really needed. Federal presence in rural crime situations isnt rare, it’s a matter of resources and manpower, actually I think it’s the county of Poweshiek Sheriff’s dept who is handling this, there is no Brooklyn police dept. So they need the Feds for sure. I grew up in a small town , we had two policemen ... two. Here;s a link on hte Brooklyn Iowa public safety situation....Poweshiek County Sheriff | Brooklyn Iowa
Thanks for the response!
Growing up in a small town is next to being in heaven~ My parents bought a farm in Wisconsin when I was 16, small town, and I hated it! Now, I'm in the sunny south in a beautiful city by the seashore yet still, long to return to those old country roads with endless hay and corn fields. oh perspective and age

However, it is very difficult to imagine that all this LE/FBI hoopla and theatrics is for a lone kidnapping criminal who has whisked miss Mollie away. I have to disagree IMO that it is rare for the federal presence to be involved in a rural crime of this magnitude. Local LE did originally call in some DCI and federal support and IMO what they uncovered sparked the need for additional FBI personal....I was trying to find it and I know I have it linked somewhere in my posts but it was for example Mollie's mother saying (early like july 24th or 25th) they had 1 FBI already there in Brooklyn for support and planned on having a few more come in, but to her surprisese 15 showed up! or something to that effect. IMO IMO (but I love that it is required to have links to facts here at WS because it keeps it sane in here, lol.) I do not have links at this time so it is JMO :cool::)
Mollie come home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members