Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really no way of knowing if the suspect was caught on camera or not until they know who the suspect is. Unless there are a few cameras that caught Mollie on them and the same vehicle went by shortly after she did each time, I'm afraid the best they could hope for is seeing someone on camera who was supposedly out of town that day. I think they would know by now if that were the case, So I'm afraid the cameras may not be a lot of help even if they were working. MOO
However, there was a case I followed where a woman left a bar to walk to her apartment. She just disappeared. Boyfriend thought she left him cause of a fight they had earlier in the day. Some shop had a video camera, kinda grainy. It showed her walking past. It showed a car slow down and back up. They caught them. She unfortunatly was deceased. But they caught them.

bbm

Is there evidence that indicates "Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts" was the explicit and only target? Purpose?

Of course, there also is (we assume) no evidence that indicates "Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts" was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, caught up in a crime of opportunity while innocently jogging the streets of Brooklyn, Iowa.

I believe MT was a target, but by a someone who is unknown to her, who's been through Brooklyn on a few occasions observing for opportunities and noted MT's jogging habits.
You know, I remember when I was back in junior high school. I had stayed after late working on a project. As I walked home a volks beetle pulled up along side me. Another car came around the corner and the beetle sped off. I have often thought how I could have been scooped up and no one would know the difference.

In my mind every male who worked or lived along her running route is a potential POI. The difficulty/risk of grabbing someone off the street, makes me think someone called out to her from a business/home. She went over to the person and the madness started, perhaps inside, and she was then put in a vehicle.

Talking about so what would be a rock solid alibi for a single sex offender at 5-9 if they were off work for the day, by themselves. See what i mean no way to really say one way or another, they could say doing what I do every evening relax, eat dinner, watch tv, play video games whatever, but no way to prove on way or another.

In my mind every male who worked or lived along her running route is a potential POI. The difficulty/risk of grabbing someone off the street, makes me think someone called out to her from a business/home. She went over to the person and the madness started, perhaps inside, and she was then put in a vehicle.

You can't waterboard every male because you want to...

Talking about so what would be a rock solid alibi for a single sex offender at 5-9 if they were off work for the day, by themselves. See what i mean no way to really say one way or another, they could say doing what I do every evening relax, eat dinner, watch tv, play video games whatever, but no way to prove on way or another.

A person does not have to prove they didn't commit a crime. LE has to prove they did. Not providing a verifiable alibi is not a crime.

———-
It seems so strange to me that she didn’t eat between 5:30-7:30. I don’t like eating right before a run but I would think: she gets home, lets dogs out, feeds them, feeds herself, checks social media, watches tv, etc. then changes and heads out for her run. I know it’s been discussed ad nauseum but it makes the “ok” text to her mom strange to me.

How do we even know she sent the text that said "ok"? It could have been someone else who had possession of her phone, saw a text arrive from mom who was asking questions about dinner and they replied with a simple "ok", perhaps to buy time? If they had been pretending to be Mollie and said "no I'm not coming over" it could have aroused suspicion. Ignoring it would too. An "ok" would get a few hours of "well she's probably coming". But then her mom didn't try and contact her again that night did she??

A person does not have to prove they didn't commit a crime. LE has to prove they did. Not providing a verifiable alibi is not a crime.

Although people seem to be tried in the court of public opinion because of overzealous media and the public.. .Look at WC... because he has a past, with someone who th whom he has a former relationship with, all of a sudden he is talked about as a POI... people need to get his name off they minds. Just because you want him to be guilty, doesn't make it true.

How do we even know she sent the text that said "ok"? It could have been someone else who had possession of her phone, saw a text arrive from mom who was asking questions about dinner and they replied with a simple "ok", perhaps to buy time? If they had been pretending to be Mollie and said "no I'm not coming over" it could have aroused suspicion. Ignoring it would too. An "ok" would get a few hours of "well she's probably coming". But then her mom didn't try and contact her again that night did she??

LE would attempt to correlate the timestamp of that message to other occurrences on the MT timeline, such as phone location information, eyewitness sightings, etc.

Last edited:

Why would someone bother texting her back?
This isn't SVU, No one is hacking computers remotely, using chloroform, or catfishing mom. LE is confident in the timeline and other than the perp, they have the most information at their disposal.

Oh my, I never thought of that......yowl!!!

They have probably tried. The level of cooperation, that I don't know. My point was really that I think this may have been an attack inside a local structure, not on the street in plain view.

That would leave a scene to clean up right in town. Would have been found already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member