Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although people seem to be tried in the court of public opinion because of overzealous media and the public.. .Look at WC... because he has a past, with someone who th whom he has a former relationship with, all of a sudden he is talked about as a POI... people need to get his name off they minds. Just because you want him to be guilty, doesn't make it true.

Unfortunately, some people are forced to continue to pay for their actions even though their actions may be unrelated to the triggers from another situation that reignite their turmoil. Unfortunate happenstance.

Unfortunately, some people are forced to continue to pay for their actions even though their actions may be unrelated to the triggers from another situation that reignite their turmoil. Unfortunate happenstance.

I said about 15,000 posts ago that I'm 100% certain WC is innocent. And his pig farm doesn't even have pigs, it has soybeans now...

Talking about so what would be a rock solid alibi for a single sex offender at 5-9 if they were off work for the day, by themselves. See what i mean no way to really say one way or another, they could say doing what I do every evening relax, eat dinner, watch tv, play video games whatever, but no way to prove on way or another.
Anything with a date/timestamp on it would provide an alibi. Say the person called a friend or family member and talked for a couple of hours during LE's stated time period. LE could validate the date/time and duration of the call. Or say he was at the deli at the time when Mollie's phone lost power, and has a date and time stamped receipt.

That would leave a scene to clean up right in town. Would have been found already.
We don't know how much of a scene may have been created to clean up. Also, unless there is a consent to search, LE needs a search warrant. I really don't think the structure scenario can be dismissed out of hand, but that's just my view.

Why would someone bother texting her back?
This isn't SVU, No one is hacking computers remotely, using chloroform, or catfishing mom. LE is confident in the timeline and other than the perp, they have the most information at their disposal.
I know this isn't a TV show and isn't out of the realm of possibility. I have seen many, many, off the wall theories and very little info that has been verified. I was just throwing it out there.

How do we even know she sent the text that said "ok"? It could have been someone else who had possession of her phone, saw a text arrive from mom who was asking questions about dinner and they replied with a simple "ok", perhaps to buy time? If they had been pretending to be Mollie and said "no I'm not coming over" it could have aroused suspicion. Ignoring it would too. An "ok" would get a few hours of "well she's probably coming". But then her mom didn't try and contact her again that night did she??
The problem I see with that is that those texts were sent before her run, and she was seen running. MOO

Then maybe someone used ether instead of chloroform, it's readily available and actually works quickly... There 1,000 random theories that could be proposed, but someone smart enough not to get caught after a month of turning a small town upside down clearly wasn't sloppy and didn't "poo" where he eats... He's not local.. If she's there it would be that she's buried in the soft soil in the middle of a corn field, maybe deeper than the ground is tilled and she will never be found.

bbm

In my mind every male who worked or lived along her running route is a potential POI. The difficulty/risk of grabbing someone off the street, makes me think someone called out to her from a business/home. She went over to the person and the madness started, perhaps inside, and she was then put in a vehicle.

Good thinking!

Certainly a possibility, and certainly higher risk: a business structure and a house are fixed locations that can not be moved like a vehicle. A neighbor or a drive-by might easily notice a jogger leaving the asphalt to approach a structure after hearing a shout-out and that would make for a definitive POI at a specific location.

Did MT have a beef with any business owner or home owner in Brooklyn? Would such a beef be a secret between the two or would either have discussed such a situation within their respective circle of family/friends?

I'd rate the possibility as a third or fourth on the list.

Abduction initiated from a moving vehicle is less risky, especially if it's from a stolen vehicle or sports stolen/false tags.

I said about 15,000 posts ago that I'm 100% certain WC is innocent. And his pig farm doesn't even have pigs, it has soybeans now...
I'm never 100% certain of anything but I am in the high 90% level of certainty with regard to WC's innocence and have been since shortly after he came into focus. Way back 15,000 posts ago, it was like virtual torches and pitchforks around here. I find it amusing that most have come around to our point of view.

We don't know how much of a scene may have been created to clean up. Also, unless there is a consent to search, LE needs a search warrant. I really don't think the structure scenario can be dismissed out of hand, but that's just my view.

Even the slightest scene is difficult to contain. People say "use bleach" while it does degrade DNA, it also shows up with luminal and proves deception. An attack in a structure traps the perp as well as the victim. There would be the need for a secondary location in most cases...

bbm

Good thinking!

Certainly a possibility, and certainly higher risk: a business structure and a house are fixed locations that can not be moved like a vehicle. A neighbor or a drive-by might easily notice a jogger leaving the asphalt to approach a structure after hearing a shout-out and that would make for a definitive POI at a specific location.

Did MT have a beef with any business owner or home owner in Brooklyn? Would such a beef be a secret between the two or would either have discussed such a situation within their respective circle of family/friends?

I'd rate the possibility as a third or fourth on the list.

Abduction initiated from a moving vehicle is less risky, especially if it's from a stolen vehicle or sports stolen/false tags.
I wasn't thinking so much a beef with someone local. More just a creepy person who lived or worked there. There seemed to be warehouse type structures around her running route that were pretty isolated. That would be my focus.

I wasn't thinking so much a beef with someone local. More just a creepy person who lived or worked there. There seemed to be warehouse type structures around her running route that were pretty isolated. That would be my focus.

The warehouses and barns that they took the search dogs through?

Even the slightest scene is difficult to contain. People say "use bleach" while it does degrade DNA, it also shows up with luminal and proves deception. An attack in a structure traps the perp as well as the victim. There would be the need for a secondary location in most cases...
Yes, I know...I don't think it was well planned. She could have just been conked over the head inside a structure and put in a vehicle. Just a theory of mine, which I don't think is implausible. I will agree to disagree with you.

A month after Mollie Tibbetts disappeared, her father thanks an Iowa community for its compassion

>>snip

Now, after a month of disseminating posters and helping to publicize Mollie's story, Tibbetts plans to fly home to the San Francisco area, still unsure why his silly, stubborn and charismatic daughter hasn't been found. He's reluctant, but those who have his best interest at heart said it's for his own well-being.

Recalling the past month, Tibbetts said he is heading home grateful to community members, law enforcement and reporters. He never thought hundreds of strangers would sacrifice so many hours of their own lives to assist in the search for Mollie.

"It's a very humbling experience," he said.

>>snip

Rob Tibbetts will still help address media requests from San Francisco. As he leaves the state after a month that felt like years to him, he wants all of Iowa — but especially Brooklyn — to know how thankful his family is for their motivated efforts.

"Just extraordinary people," Tibbetts said. "I appreciate the media and the national attention and all that, but the people in Brooklyn that know Mollie, that's the part that's really touching."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members