Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed last night on the satellite map if you head south on 21, turn east on 85 and go maybe a mile there looks to be a real desolate road (225th st) that goes north into the timber reserve. Just saying it looks like a very remote spot in the search area.
Edit: added 225th st

Or the perps. family who are protecting him. I really am starting to believe it was a car accident and cover up.

And that would make sense - IF it was a terrible accident and the person panicked ... if they even wanted to come forward it became basically an overnight sensation that the entire world was and is watching - the person responsible- even if it was an accident - is probably terrified of being torn to shreds at this point and condemned as a murderer for life --- could of been a new driver --- or even someone texting and driving . Maybe it wasn't elaborate at all ---maybe no one disabled cameras or stalked her or watched her online ... maybe it was a one minute accident and the driver panicked - took her somewhere .... family helping ...

FWIW - The electric co. isn't across the street, it's an adjacent property directly to the east of DJ's house.

Also - the parking lot, main entrance, etc. are on the east side of the electric building.

There is a driveway on the west side that leads to the electric building - maybe it's for deliveries? Maybe there's a camera on the west side?
which makes me think someone could have pulled into that drive for the "electric building" and surprised Mollie as she was returning from her jog. If it was after hours, any regular workers at the power company might not have noticed them or assumed they had business in the electric building. But, if he did that, then he was probably stalking her for awhile. I still think this someone who had interacted with Mollie in the past. Maybe she brushed him off. He didn't get the attention that he wanted by request, so he forced it.

[
If he doesn't live in Brooklyn, but is familiar with the town, who typically goes to Brooklyn on a Wednesday evening and why?
Some possible answers to your great questions Otto,
a) go to church himself (doubt it)
b) drop someone off at the church
c) drop SOMETHING off at the church for the church services that night. (food, flowers, etc.)[/QUOTE]
Or Maybe has relatives living there and was visiting.

He was familiar with the area and would not attract attention.

He was familiar with the road system outside the Brooklyn area. He had traveled these road many times before. He was someone the townsfolk talked to, he knew the gossip and the scuttlebutt.

He also knew hidden places, maybe hunted or fished. Maybe spent a lot of time riding around and just looking - I do that a lot.
Bingo !....If he was a working local from the area, that makes a lot of sense. Nice post.

Some possible answers to your great questions Otto,
a) go to church himself (doubt it)
b) drop someone off at the church
c) drop SOMETHING off at the church for the church services that night. (food, flowers, etc.)
Or Maybe has relatives living there and was visiting.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know how that happened with my post. It took two quotes when I was quoting 1

If there are cameras that presumably connect to a DVR and are possibly accessible remotely, then someone may have had the ability to monitor real time or recorded video. Could any of the video ever contained footage of MT? If so then who had the ability to view the footage? Looking close to home is not far fetched. It is logical. IMHOO

Actually that's not logical. Why watch her for a few seconds on grainy video when you could just go anywhere on her route and watch her from a car? Or one could take a walk that happens to coincide with her jogging route?

The bottom line is that if there was CCTV of Mollie at some point during her run, police would be able to say what she was wearing. They can't. Also, if there was footage, it's very likely that it would be posted if only to give the public a better idea of what Mollie looked like that day.

What we know is that Mollie went jogging at 7:30, and she was seen running East on W. Pershing Drive. We don't know where she was abducted, but presumably it was a short time after that sighting. Given the dots on the police map, points of interest are W. Pershing Dr., and also directly East of Brooklyn. I think we can all agree that as soon as Mollie was abducted, she was taken out of Brooklyn on a road with less traffic.

The dots on the map relate to possible locations of the abductor, locations of Mollie, and possible locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. I think we can assume that the two dots on the right side of the map correspond to locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. People who live in Brooklyn need to think carefully about those five locations on the map.

How can those who don't live in Brooklyn figure out where the abductor took Mollie after the digital signature stopped near Guernsey? What do we know that helps us figure out his next move?

Who knows those roads?
Someone who...
  1. lives on those roads
  2. formerly lived on those roads
  3. has friends or family who lives on those roads
  4. works or formerly worked on those roads; road construction, paving, concrete, linemen, surveyors...
  5. has traveled those roads for recreational purposes; hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, bicycling, running...
  6. has cased or mapped those roads and planned their route

ATTENTION TO ALL OF OUR NEW MEMBERS

PLEASE REMEMBER MOLLIE'S BOYFRIEND, BROTHER, AND MOLLIE'S FAMILY HAVE ALL BEEN CLEARED AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE SLEUTHED OR DISCUSSED AS SUSPECTS.

DO NOT SLEUTH RANDOM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN NAMED AS A PERSON OF INTEREST BY THE POLICE.

DO NOT SLEUTH OTHER SUSPECTS IN OTHER CASES ON THIS THREAD. KEEP THE FOCUS ON MOLLIE AND ALL THE FACTS SURROUNDING HER CASE.

THANK YOU.

I'm done yelling.
Have a happy Saturday.
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics