Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a huuuuge time gap?
That's what I thought too, but her cousin's accomplice should have been released not that long ago. Based on the newspaper article I read (archived/Iowa paper) there seems to be some bad blood among family members, which is understandable given the nature of the crime.

The convicted cousin is serving life. After 40 years, who knows who he has connected with in prison. It could be an In Cold Blood (Capote) situation.

In one of the early threads (within a few days after the 19th) I shared a video of drone footage (it may have been from FOX) of the assumed route MT may have jogged July 18. The assumed jogging route included a transition to a gravel/dirt part of the road near the J house and someone on that thread chimed in and stated, paraphrasing, "Mollie didn't jog down a dirt road."

I'm being lazy and not searching for that exchange but it seems that we may safely assume that drone video may have been spot on in showing a potential route.

I bring this up now because I remember in the video seeing tire ruts in the dirt, just at the point where the drone reverses its path while still maintaining the tire ruts in frame (the drone reversed direction but remain orientated facing the same direction of its approach to the area).

Upon seeing those tire ruts (they appeared relatively fresh in the then-dried mud) I immediately thought of a vehicle flooring the accelerator in an attempt to haul-*advertiser censored* it out of the area, with the spinning tires creating ruts in the muddied road (likely wet from rain on July 19). The position and movement of the drone video made it appear as if it were a video being recorded by a someone wearing a GoPro and 'jogging' the route... the experience of watching that video gripped me then, and grips me now when I think of it.
I think you are correct in assuming that drone footage showed some of Mollies jogging route, and I have always been very suspicious of that same dirt road. As in, the perp may have used it, not necessarily that she jogged on it. She could have been NEAR it.

A perp that would be interested in young girls or children, like the two other cases, would very much notice that Mollie does NOT have the shape of a child, especially in running gear. Those who abduct children go for both their childish looks and their naivety so they can entice them. Mollie would not fit their needs, imo, she looks athletic, could presumably fight back and not “go for candy” etc...jmo

Seems like a huuuuge time gap?

Right.

But if this is substantiated with a MSM link, this does change how I would think about the likelihood of various scenarios just a little.

It slightly increases the possibility that a distant relative, who was perhaps exposed to or conditioned by criminal behavior, was somehow involved.

Early on, didn’t they ask people in another state (was it Utah?) to be on the look out as MT had family there?? Help me remember? And then also, perhaps this theory is also consistent with the belief she is being held hostage and/or that her perp could possibly be swayed by a large reward.

In one of the early threads (within a few days after the 19th) I shared a video of drone footage (it may have been from FOX) of the assumed route MT may have jogged July 18. The assumed jogging route included a transition to a gravel/dirt part of the road near the J house and someone on that thread chimed in and stated, paraphrasing, "Mollie didn't jog down a dirt road."

I'm being lazy and not searching for that exchange but it seems that we may safely assume that drone video may have been spot on in showing a potential route.

I bring this up now because I remember in the video seeing tire ruts in the dirt, just at the point where the drone reverses its path while still maintaining the tire ruts in frame (the drone reversed direction but remain orientated facing the same direction of its approach to the area).

Upon seeing those tire ruts (they appeared relatively fresh in the then-dried mud) I immediately thought of a vehicle flooring the accelerator in an attempt to haul-*advertiser censored* it out of the area, with the spinning tires creating ruts in the muddied road (likely wet from rain on July 19). The position and movement of the drone video made it appear as if it were a video being recorded by a someone wearing a GoPro and 'jogging' the route... the experience of watching that video gripped me then, and grips me now when I think of it.

Yes, it was Fox. I remember it very well. She may not have been jogging on that road, but the perpetrator could have gone that way to Hwy 6. Mollie Tibbetts: Fox News takes a look at the location where the missing girl is last thought to have been

Didn’t the whole town search for her the first day or two? I have a feeling that any footprints and/or tire marks probably were trampled on during that initial search.
I agree. One thing that might still be there if someone was stalking her and happened to be a smoker would be a pile of cigarettes in a parking lot next to her house or on the street by somewhere she regularly jogs. One girl I met admitted to stalking her husband before they got together and leaving a pile of cigarettes.

Is this the video Chuck?

Drone footage of last known location of missing Iowa girl

One of the DCI investigators sort of mentioned damaged vehicles in Monday's presser as part of the list to report (bbm): "...a vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold or disposed of..." It wasn't emphasized, but then, as far as we know, they still haven't located a crime scene that would indicate whether Mollie was hit by a car or not.

I previously posted the (mod-approved) transcript I made of the 8/13 presser, but it's attached here again for anyone who might find it useful.

It's more likely that the speaker had in mind a car where Mollie was kidnapped or raped or murdered in. The suspect certainly doesn't want that car sitting around too long seeing that it would be full of her DNA.

I think you are correct in assuming that drone footage showed some of Mollies jogging route, and I have always been very suspicious of that same dirt road. As in, the perp may have used it, not necessarily that she jogged on it. She could have been NEAR it.
Also, to people who say she wouldn’t have run on a dirt and gravel road... I jog almost exclusively on a dirt and gravel road. It is easier on my shins than the paved roads because there is more give usually. It’s also more peaceful and scenic and there are less cars to worry about.

Unless someone just got out of prison, a 40-yr old crime seems unlikely to have connections, but jmo.
I completely agree. I put that at the bottom of my list with sex trafficking, MS13, drug dealers, vandals, aliens, and Bigfoot. I’m not mocking the theory, it’s just incredibly unlikely IMO. This wasn’t revenge coming from inside the family. Edit* And insomnia.

Unless someone just got out of prison, a 40-yr old crime seems unlikely to have connections, but jmo.

Depends on how long one carries a grudge. However, the accomplice should have been released not that long ago. The cousin who was murdered had been involved in an insurance scam prior. We all have people in our family who we would like to disown, but there seems to have been quite a bit of criminal dysfunction in this family. Maybe there is still bad blood that has carried on. It wouldn't be there first time family problems have been passed down.

I have trouble understanding that as well. Our co-op doesn't even have cameras, never has, and that hasn't affected our ability to pay outside in the dropbox.

The employee page was removed because people were making a jump from this case to one in Indiana and harassing an employee who they thought slightly resembled that sketch (even though it seems like most of middle America resembles it).

I assume the fact that one of the first names we saw in MSM articles was on that page was prolly more so of a reason. The level of harassment had to be ridiculous.

Is it possible that this is the slowest ransom case in FBI history? I bring this up because of the family mentioning funds and two states being potentially involved. A ransom has not been mentioned publicly but it does not mean that this is not the case. This is such an odd case in general.

Depends on how long one carries a grudge. However, the accomplice should have been released not that long ago. The cousin who was murdered had been involved in an insurance scam prior. We all have people in our family who we would like to disown, but there seems to have been quite a bit of criminal dysfunction in this family. Maybe there is still bad blood that has carried on. It wouldn't be there first time family problems have been passed down.
True. But we have absolutely no evidence of current internal strife. There are far more likely scenarios here IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member