Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem I have with the cornfield idea is that the cornfield is usually plowed soon after the harvest or in the spring. So that means a farmer would find the body. I think there are plenty of other choices to hide a body within the vicinity of Brooklyn, like woods, lakes, rivers and state parks and whatnot.
Absolutely agree. I’m thinking more of a conceal/dump and run. Quick. Fast.

In the Jacob wetterling abduction, the killer actually went to a backhoe and used it to dig the grave. I would have thought something like that would be fiction but it happened. It was at a work site, not his backhoe And I believe he did not even work there.

"Not my murder, not my backhoe"? This as in "Not my monkeys, not my circus"...But stick with the backhoe idea, as I think there are A LOT of them available in Iowa, with all that beautiful, open land...

The hardness of the soil depends on the soil itself and rainfall. I’ve walked through cornfields were the soil would be easy to dig in. There are areas that are void of corn due to the tractor turning or maybe running out of corn to plant or wash out areas from rain

Makes sense.....no post hole (or other implement) needed in some instances.
Which means dig a grave, toss lime in, cover it up. Pray for rain.
I'm thinking though, lime doesn't fool cadaver dogs.

I agree with the comment about the shipping container and farmers having back hoes etc.

As someone who grew up in a small rural, agricultural town—and someone who lives in another 1 still today—when I think about cases like this, I am amazed at the number of places a body could be hid EVERY where I look as I drive down EVERY road.

There are abandoned houses, old boarded up buildings, barns and out buildings that are half-falling down and haven’t been used in decades. There are toolsheds, storage units, trailers, campers, rusted out vehicles and boats, salvage yards, root cellars, storm shelters, cabins, seasonal cottages, and so on.

There are also a lot of people who own acreage and people are constantly landscaping, planting, remodeling and so forth.

You could theoretically bury a body in your backyard and put a child’s swing set or sand box or toolshed over it with some mulch and no 1 would blink.

No, in this scenario we have to assume that she doesn't have her phone--that is, that her phone's out of power. Because, if her phone were still on, they'd have been able to find her by tracking it.

Why would her phone be out of power if she was on a run? If she had a medical emergency while on her run, she could have called 911.

A perp that would be interested in young girls or children, like the two other cases, would very much notice that Mollie does NOT have the shape of a child, especially in running gear. Those who abduct children go for both their childish looks and their naivety so they can entice them. Mollie would not fit their needs, imo, she looks athletic, could presumably fight back and not “go for candy” etc...jmo

maybe he couldn't find a young girl and went for what he could get his hands on? she was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

[/QUOTE]

The only reason I am aware of the camera not working is because it was posted on this website many threads ago.
Yes saw that . Further down you wrote "I think we can assume that the two dots on the right side of the map correspond to locations where Mollie and the abductor were together" I misunderstood that you meant that was also only possible. Sorry about that. :)

Exactly. No worries. Police know where Mollie was and her timeline. They don't know where the abductor was. Looking at the points on the map, I'm assuming that some of the points relate to the abductor's possible location, and some related to abductor + Mollie possible locations.

Makes sense.....no post hole (or other implement) needed in some instances.
Which means dig a grave, toss lime in, cover it up. Pray for rain.
I'm thinking though, lime doesn't fool cadaver dogs.
I wonder how many killers actually take the time to dig a grave? I was looking into a green burial for myself and in the information packet they addressed the fact that it is hard work to dig a grave. I just don't have the idea that many killers take the time to do it by shovel. Now farm implements would be something else altogether.

I've watched too many "Cold Justice" episodes.....
Some killers don't bother to bury their prey, one killer dumped his gf's body, wrapped up in a carpet roll, where people dumped LOTS of old tires, not that far from town. Very convenient. He just threw some of the tires on her body...didn't find her for years and years. He was caught by Kelly and Yolanda ;) hehe Thank goodness.

I'm a Missouri 'hick' who used to live on a farm (city mouse to country mouse type thing) ....with soybeans and corn as the main crops. We had post hole diggers plus even a bulldozer....we also had a 'dump' site, in a ravine.
Also an old cistern we used until we got the well. Farmers can be quite 'crafty' and know how-to bury dead things such as cows, horses etc. so the smell doesn't bother the neighbors. A human body? Sadly, it can be done.
Yep! Couldn’t agree more!

Grew up in a rural area and we had some livestock. Dad also had a backhoe. When he was done burying the dead animals, sometimes it was impossible to tell where he even put them. :(

I agree with the comment about the shipping container and farmers having back hoes etc.

As someone who grew up in a small rural, agricultural town—and someone who lives in another 1 still today—when I think about cases like this, I am amazed at the number of places a body could be hid EVERY where I look as I drive down EVERY road.

There are abandoned houses, old boarded up buildings, barns and out buildings that are half-falling down and haven’t been used in decades. There are toolsheds, storage units, trailers, campers, rusted out vehicles and boats, salvage yards, root cellars, storm shelters, cabins, seasonal cottages, and so on.

There are also a lot of people who own acreage and people are constantly landscaping, planting, remodeling and so forth.

You could theoretically bury a body in your backyard and put a child’s swing set or sand box or toolshed over it with some mulch and no 1 would blink.
Agreed!

maybe he couldn't find a young girl and went for what he could get his hands on? she was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Maybe the perpetrator is someone who dislikes girls/women in general. Someone who feels the need to rid them from society. Takes the opportunity when available. If so could be related to other cases of missing girls. Imo

Love this post. $300+k is a lifestyle change in Iowa. Some good soul will go to LE and rightfully, and anonymously, collect this reward. I’m betting on it. It’s probably someone who keeps second guessing themselves.
Unless of course the only person with any information is a soul-less psychopath with no care whatsoever if anyone ever knows what happened. Or about money. They are not normal people with those priorities. MOO

I wonder how many killers actually take the time to dig a grave? I was looking into a green burial for myself and in the information packet they addressed the fact that it is hard work to dig a grave. I just don't have the idea that many killers take the time to do it by shovel. Now farm implements would be something else altogether.
Yes, they almost always say "found in a shallow grave".

Why would her phone be out of power if she was on a run? If she had a medical emergency while on her run, she could have called 911.

My point was that for the medical emergency scenario to make sense at all we have to assume that by sheer coincidence her phone has run out of power. Why? I know people whose phones are always running out of power. It happens. So, calling 911 is a non-issue.

I don't actually think that the medical emergency scenario is likely, by the way.

The whole point of the chain of comments about folks at church or at meetings, is questioning if people were at home, where they might have heard or witnessed an abduction. The more people at Church or other group meetings, the smaller the potential witness pool. This especially if folks may have gone to Grinnell, Victor, or Montezuma for church (no one has yet told me if the New Beginnings Church on V21 had a Wednesday night service) or a meeting, or dinner after church. The converse has been pointed out, that more people on the road means that more people may possibly have seen the abduction, at certain key times, like on their way home or dinner after services. (In a lot of places, Wednesday night for Church and dinner is a big deal - as witnessed by a couple of posters who don't go out for dinner on Wednesday for this very reason; maybe not so much in Brooklyn?)

Also, keep in mind that there are many people in this area who may be in bed by 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 (or even earlier). Confused? So are the rest of us! So the question is, who might have been awake and at home to witness MT going missing between 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.?

LE has pretty much told us that they think MT went missing between 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., and that the perp was out of Brooklyn by the close of this window. MSM reports are that her running gear, armband and personal electronics have not been accounted for, indicating that she was taken on her run, between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., 9:00 p.m. at the latest. This as the end of Civilian Twilight was at 9:15 or so (when you must turn on your auto headlights), and MSM and family and BF all say that she did not care to run in the dark. So, we are left with a 90 minute window when she was likely abducted (or persuaded to get in a car) between 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

So, there was no intent to impune members of AA (their meeting is on Tueday night in Grinnell) or any other group. At this point, if you were in church or a meeting or dinner, you may have a good alibi as to why you did not take MT. Just saying, MOO!

I don't believe that LE ever stated that the perp was 'out of the area' by 10pm. That is assuming he doesn't live amongst everyone in Brooklyn, which is still a possibility, no?

I have to chime in and say with the lack of information, I am still hoping for an outcome where she is alive and as well as possible, and she is released/escapes/comes home and all ends well. All this talk about bodies and burying and such makes me feel a little hopeless. But we really have no reason to think otherwise that she is not at least alive and coming back. Except the extended time frame. The only outcome that would make everyone happy, and breathe a sigh of relief is for her to just show up. Somewhere. Anywhere. Anytime. But now, today would be the best. So here's hoping yet again.

I completely agree. I put that at the bottom of my list with sex trafficking, MS13, drug dealers, vandals, aliens, and Bigfoot. I’m not mocking the theory, it’s just incredibly unlikely IMO. This wasn’t revenge coming from inside the family. Edit* And insomnia.

Ha! But you didn't rule out time travel. Just saying...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879