Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you saw it on this page: Payment Options | T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative then the choice is paying inside or a 24 hour drop box. I'm not sure why the cameras being out would make a difference in not using the drop box - first, it's a sleepy rural town, not exactly a crime-ridden area. Second you drop off checks. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't use a drop-box even if the camera was out.

They probably didn't want people using the deposit box because some people - and I know this from experience - will claim that the dropped their payment in the box even if they didn't. The camera makes it easy to prove that they didn't

What I take away from this is that they might only have the one camera, or that this was the only camera not working. The camera is visible on Street View at the corner of the building pointing at the drop box and parking lot to the east. Even if it were working it's pretty unlikely that it would capture anything helpful to this case.

Please provide a link to your " employees being harassed posts" being the reason for the removal of the co-op's employees page. I do not remember reading a reason for that removal.

I think it just may have been deduced that employees were being harassed, since we all know darned well that if their names remained up, a ton of people would have sleuthed the crap out of them and posted every last detail of every little hiccup they had in their lives. Probably would have posted on their Facebook pages too. LE could have asked them to take the page down. Or maybe the co-op decided it was a good move. Or their IT guy noticed that there was so much traffic to the employee page that it could crash the server. It could be a really big thing. Or n0thing.

Chicago to Brooklyn and Evansdale, 4 hours, to Delphi, 2 hours. Could Mollie's disappearance be connected to those unsolved crimes? What if the SK lives in Chicago and he branches out from there? Maybe he was raised in Iowa and moved to Chicago?

I am getting the feeling that the same person is responsible for all of these cases. Having been in the same position as the task force members I can guarantee you that at least some of the investigatiors feel the same way.

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK THAT SHOWS THE CAMERA OR CAMERAS WERE NOT WORKING.

IF A LINK IS NOT PROVIDED AND YOU POST THIS AS FACT YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT.

THANK YOU,
TRICIA

I think I'm missing something (likely, since I have not been able to read every single post here). I'm just assuming whoever did this didn't have a lot of experience doing such a thing. I'm also assuming most here have a particular individual in mind, even though LE hasn't named any POI or suspects?

I would disagree on one of your stated assumptions. About the perp's level of expertise. For a variety of reasons, I feel that he has been involved in prior similiar incidents. JMO

There is a large solar farm in Kalona, Iowa. 60 miles via backroads - South of Iowa City. The backroad route takes your right through Guernsey. You can even go through the Southern red dot area on the map to get there.

Not sure of the security at the farm, but co-op employees may have access or be familiar with the place.

Large, secluded? Any connection is only speculation.

Small Eastern Iowa town houses state's largest solar farm

I am getting the feeling that the same person is responsible for all of these cases. Having been in the same position as the task force members I can guarantee you that at least some of the investigatiors feel the same way.
I think your speculation has merit as evidenced by FBI involvement. However, my amateur profile is that this is a local, someone known to her within her circle, or extended circle. Handsome, althete type. Everyone will be shocked except those closest to him that have seen hints of aberrant behavior for a long time.
I’m still fixated on the mine area and Holiday Lake.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Why recommend to people to pay inside any longer if the cameras are (fixed) working? Of course they would then remove it.

The website isn't maintained in house, so updating a detail like that probably wasn't at the forefront of anyone's mind. I could post links to a dozen websites with similar obsolete information without thinking hard about it. Heck, the website at my place of employment was once completely offline for weeks before we realized it.

For now, since we don't have anything to link Mollie's case to any other cases please let's keep the discussion on only Mollie's case and the clues in her case. Please do not bring other cases into Mollie's thread yet. We can also allow discussion once something can logically be proven that the cases might be connected.

There is a large solar farm in Kalona, Iowa. 60 miles via backroads - South of Iowa City. The backroad route takes your right through Guernsey. You can even go through the Southern red dot area on the map to get there.

Not sure of the security at the farm, but co-op employees may have access or be familiar with the place.

Large, secluded? Any connection is only speculation.

The solar farm is run by Farmers' Electric Cooperative, an independent co-op based in Kalona. TIP is part of Touchstone Energy. TIP employees would not have access to the solar farm.

What do these cases have to do with Mollies case? The victim types are different. The circumstances surrounding the cases are different. Where is the connection, other than they all were victims of foul play?

I’m still fixated on the mine area and Holiday Lake.

Why Holiday Lake? I looked at the page for HOA and it seems like the lake is surrounded by homes. It doesn't seem very isolated and there would be a good chance of someone dumping a body of either being seen, or having the body be inevitably found by a fisherman since the lake is constantly stocked with fish.

IF Mollie went missing on Wednesday, July 18, let's ask a question or 2. I believe Otto asked what happens on Wednesdays. Good question. A lot of people mentioned church. Fair enough. Who DID or did NOT show up for church on the 18th of July? Anyone?

What businesses get deliveries on Wednesdays? Did said businesses get their deliveries? What time? By whom? If they didn't, why not?

Were there repair men in the area on that Wednesday? Who were they? What were they repairing? What time did they start and finish?

There are endless possibilities here, like did the son who lives in your basement have marks on his body? Did he do his own laundry for once in his life? Was he digging a hole in the back yard for the tree he didn't buy you?

Large, secluded? Any connection is only speculation. Very informative post. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member