Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this in an older story.
Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

"The day her daughter disappeared, Calderwood said Tibbetts had gone to work as usual at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center day care. After work, she went to her boyfriend’s house.
At some point, Calderwood said Tibbetts left her boyfriend’s house and went for a run."

Do you have a source? Where does it say that either of these 2 were cleared initially and later arrested?

I followed the trials...well BM is still ongoing investigation. They questioned him and released him and then put him under surveillance. It wasnt until he brought a sex worker home they stormed in and found the guy tied up and arrested BM.

DM was questioned about Tim Bosma and then also watched I believe.

There are some others on Forensic Files I can't think of them off the top of my head. But I do recall ones of parents being killed by their son, who was also questioned then let off.

Perhaps someone had seen her around and knew her routine. Checked out the house while she was out on her run, went inside so as to ambush her when she returned. If they had a stun gun or other weapon there wouldn't necessarily be any signs of a struggle. Or perhaps tricked her into getting to the vehicle on her own.

I followed the trials...well BM is still ongoing investigation. They questioned him and released him and then put him under surveillance. It wasnt until he brought a sex worker home they stormed in and found the guy tied up and arrested BM.

DM was questioned about Tim Bosma and then also watched I believe.

There are some others on Forensic Files I can't think of them off the top of my head. But I do recall ones of parents being killed by their son, who was also questioned then let off.

I am familiar with these cases.
Were either of these men said to be nonsuspects by LE before arrested?

That is the question, not whether they were watched or investigated.
Did LE outright say these men were not suspects, or cleared?

Perhaps someone had seen her around and knew her routine. Checked out the house while she was out on her run, went inside so as to ambushed her when she returned. If they had a stun gun or other weapon there wouldn't necessarily be any signs of a struggle. Or perhaps tricked her into getting to a vehicle.

I looked up the weather at the National Weather Service and it doesn't look like the area had a storm that night. The overall comment for the day was:
"NO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER WAS OBSERVED."
National Weather Service Climate

This map shows every Iowa tornado report from July 19

Iowa weather: What we know about Thursday's 'catastrophic' tornadoes

Not sure how close these are - just going by what locals had posted on Facebook that there were crazy storms that morning.

Mollie being home during a home invasion. People break into older houses in Iowa to steal the copper piping. If there wasn't a car at the house, so the burglars could have assumed that no one was home. Or, someone she knew came to the door and caused Mollie to vanish.

I still think someone living in the house mentioned going out of town for a few days. Either to someone's face or via social media. Someone overheard/saw it and used the opportunity to commit a crime.
Burglars burgle. They would not necessarily abduct someone. If a random burglar or burglars whose only goal was to steal stuff came across a resident, he'd/they'd be more likely to just run/drive away. My best guess at this point, given only what we know and taking everything at face value, is that someone deliberately targeted Mollie. The question is, what is someone she knew? Was it a friend or an acquaintance? Or was it a stranger?

For an avid runner, walking/running a mile to mom's would be done without a second thought. She could just have driven back to the BF house in the car she shared with her brother, so he wouldn't have to get up to take her to work the next morning.

Thanks IowaMom4. I understand it's just a mile to her moms house and in the "big picture" this story seems to revolve around Molly being an avid runner, but something just bothers me about the whole timeline. AND, the fact that she didn't get the car so she could make it to work. It has been said how responsible she is, so for her not to communicate about dinner or the car makes me suspicious of what's "not being said".

In my family we share a vehicle. Teens and young adults having to work and attend school takes coordination and if they happen to get another ride (and save someone else the trouble of getting them) they would have to communicate that! It must be well organized. And, maybe it is just my own experience with sharing a car with kids but kids don't want to walk or run a mile if they can find another way to get around.
jmo

I know it must be but it is a really sick, sick thing to do.
I’m thinking it’s not just sick but also illegal. Can LE track who created that account through FB? It’s probably just some stupid sicko who thinks they are cool but it could be the perp hoping people would believe it or at least drum up more support for the idea that she left voluntarily. Since LE probably has to follow up on this just to be sure there should be a hindering a police investigation charge coming his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova