Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Le said she made it home from her run? I must have missed that.
It was a bit fuzzy in the reporting on MSM today whether that was a direct quote that confirmed she made it home from her run by LE, or they said they felt pretty sure, something like that. Either way, they seem to have narrowed down she was safely home after the run, so they must suspect something happened to her after that.

Unless I'm mistaken, this thread is going off in an incorrect direction with people thinking that she made it home safely from her run. LE has NOT said this, and in fact, has said they are confident in the direction she was running.
Let's not have pages and pages discussing her making it home from her run. According to LE, she did NOT.
If someone has a quote from the lead investigator, FBI, whatever that says different, please post the link.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

" .... The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded.

Throughout that day, Calderwood said she also sent text messages to her daughter, but all went unanswered.

At first, Calderwood thought her daughter was busy with work or something else. But Thursday afternoon, Calderwood said she got a call from her son saying Tibbetts didn’t show up for work...."

Maybe this has been discussed (I think this is the fastest moving thread I've seen yet!), but I'm surprised they're focusing on/releasing information on, using her FitBit data. What about iCloud? We've heard that over and over again in Libby and Abby's case. You can tell from her photos that she has an iPhone. I'm not denying that they've thought about it, just curious why the FitBit appears to be the main area of focus here.

Burglars burgle. They would not necessarily abduct someone. If a random burglar or burglars whose only goal was to steal stuff came across a resident, he'd/they'd be more likely to just run/drive away. My best guess at this point, given only what we know and taking everything at face value, is that someone deliberately targeted Mollie. The question is, what is someone she knew? Was it a friend or an acquaintance? Or was it a stranger?
Hmm...I'm assuming they have searched the house itself, top to bottom.

jmo

There were big storms the next morning, meaning someone could probably go unnoticed in the AM with the torrential rain

Bruce McCarthur. Dellen Millard.

To my knowledge, neither were ever cleared. That's a big word.

And like I said before, when discussing Bruce McCarthur and whether he was a suspect, they stated:

When asked in January, Det. Sgt. Idsinga said that Mr. McArthur was not a suspect during Project Houston, but offered a caveat to that designation.

"I really want to delineate between investigating a missing person and a homicide," Det. Sgt. Idsinga said. "Until we can establish that there has been foul play, we can attach a criminal offence to foul play, that's when someone would become a suspect."

That's Canada and there were criticisms about the investigation later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e-his-arrest-for-six-murders/article38231320/

As to Dellen Millard, he wasn't cleared. His father's death was ruled a suicide at first. It was looked at again after he kept murdering.

Dellan Millard accused of murdering and burning married father last year now suspected as SERIAL KILLER after police link him to slayings of his own father and girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

In this case I think it's clear they are investigating foul play and have ruled out certain people in the case. We have no reason to believe that will change at this point. I know some may be vested in believing the boyfriend or others are guilty of something but LE seems to be very definitive in stating none of them are involved in the disappearance. Whether ultimately foul play is determined or not.

Maybe this has been discussed (I think this is the fastest moving thread I've seen yet!), but I'm surprised they're focusing on/releasing information on, using her FitBit data. What about iCloud? We've heard that over and over again in Libby and Abby's case. You can tell from her photos that she has an iPhone. I'm not denying that they've thought about it, just curious why the FitBit appears to be the main area of focus here.

That's all that's been really reported about with any detail. That's why we are focusing on it. They stated the obtained her Fitbit info and searches began immediately.

But there have also been extensive conversations on here about cross analyzing the Fitbit data with other data.

So if LE says she made it home from her run...is this still not good enough? Why would they say it? It changes a lot and it would be fruitless to state that,if in fact unsure. Her making it back from the run rules out a number of theories. So something happened after 8pm Imo.

Did it come from a direct quote? If not, I won't consider it. There's been way too much faulty reporting.

Who is posting as if they are Mollie on Facebook?

Mollie Tibbetts

To everyone who has blown this out of proportion... I just need some time to myself! STOP SEARCHING FOR ME.

Mollie Tibbetts
Imo, that's someone who is gonna have the feds banging at their door soon, tearing their home and life apart. Some people are so stupid.

Did it come from a direct quote? If not, I won't consider it. There's been way too much faulty reporting.
And misleading headlines.

I just did a quick google search and it seems that the aunt speculates Mollie made it home from the run. I'm not seeing any LE confirmation - but if someone finds one, please post. I mistakenly thought LE said she made it home.

For now, I'm keeping both options open. The clue that leads me to think she did indeed make it home is the contact lenses are at home. But she could run in glasses, I suppose.

Sigh.

Where are you, Mollie!?

jmo

I agree Gitana...this has NOT been stated by LE and we can't go off on a multiple thread tangent based on someone throwing out an unsubstantiated comment. LE HAS said that they are confident in the direction she was headed as she ran.
Unless someone can link to a quote from LE that she made it home safely, she did NOT.

i don't know if this has been discussed on this thread yet, i haven't seen this brought up at all, so please bare with me and help me figure this out. if any of you need more information on snapchat or are unfamiliar with it, please let me know if i need to explain things more thoroughly!

i use snapchat quite frequently, like most college students. i use it far more than i use normal text messaging. for those who are unaware, when you send a snapchat to somebody, the other person can choose whether or not to open the snapchat at that specific time. her boyfriend was probably busy and HE said he 'opened it at 10' (or around then).

when you send a snapchat, the conversation log has timestamps. so, it says the time when each person SENT the snapchat, NOT when the other person received and/or opened the snapchat.

you may be asking, well maybe Dalton didn't have phone service or wifi when Mollie actually took the snapchat and sent it to him. i have really bad phone service sometimes and so do a lot of my friends, so sometimes i don't receive snapchats until i get more bars or better wifi. but, when i DO finally see the snapchat notification in the snapchat app, it will still say what time the person sent it.

i'm not sure how long the snapchat's timestamps stay visible in the chat log after opening, i think it's a day. but i've encountered that sometimes these snapchats timestamps stay visible in the log for a few days before they disappear. and other times they may disappear after a few hours or so, i think it may be a glitch on snapchat's end. i have snapchats from this morning that i opened hours ago and they still have the time stamps. snapchats that i opened last night, the day before, or even a week ago will still say "_hr" or "_w" (indicating how many hours or weeks it has been since the snapchat was sent to you).

my question is, couldn't Dalton just look and see what time the snapchat was sent BY Mollie to him? the next day when he woke up and realized she was missing, he could've easily shown LE what time she sent it. if the specific timestamp (example: 9:43 pm) disappeared because of the amount of time that had passed since he opened it, it would STILL say "_hr" under her name in the app. of course, the "_hr" feature isn't completely helpful because there's no specific minute interval, but it can at least show what time she was in a house and still able to access her phone.

******this post is NOT insinuating that Dalton is a suspect. i do NOT think Dalton is a suspect! i am heartbroken for him and his family as well as Mollie's. maybe he was so shocked over her disappearance that he completely overlooked the time, or maybe the LE didn't think this feature was available or didn't check hard enough.
.... or maybe they DO know what time it was sent because of the feature and do not care to release that information to the public at this time.

I think for sure they know now when it was sent. The FBI is investigating. They know exactly how snapchat works.

Does anyone know for sure if the dogs were found in the basement?

I read "somewhere"at some point that they put the dogs in the basement when leaving the house.
I also read (may have been speculation, I can't recall) that the dogs were in the basement.
If true, it leads me to believe that something happened when she was jogging or she had returned home and was in the process of leaving again

LE has stated they don't know much about her activities

Authorities said they aren't sure of any of Tibbetts' activities after the run. Tibbetts' aunt told KCRG that she believes Mollie may have returned from the run.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

ALL MY OPINION

Unless I'm mistaken, this thread is going off in an incorrect direction with people thinking that she made it home safely from her run. LE has NOT said this, and in fact, has said they are confident in the direction she was running.
Let's not have pages and pages discussing her making it home from her run. According to LE, she did NOT.
If someone has a quote from the lead investigator, FBI, whatever that says different, please post the link.

Everyone's comments are very well-thought out, even though we have conflicting info, from MSM. So awful. The waiting.

IF she HAD made it back to "that home", (Bf's), safely, .... would she have met an acquaintance at the door, and gone out again? The reason I am asking is because so many people knew she was staying there, and someone might have arranged to have dinner with her. But then, ..........on her walk/or/run home from that get-together, something terrifying might have happened. (??)

IF there were lightening and thunder storms, in that 12 hour period, and it was not recorded as "significant" weather, that would be completely understandable. The weather is so unstable. .....All over the U.S. of A. right now. Heat and humidity are so high, a small powerful storm can rush through an area and not even appear as a meteorological event. The reason I am asking is (as one sleuther wrote), please check all the bodies of water and WATERWAYS. What about the rivers, not just the lakes? Sometimes in a short, terrifying storms, [let's say she was walking or running@ 5:30 AM (short run before work) , after making it through the night safely] people need to get out of the way of lightning and jump onto a riverbank or under a bridge. The water could have carried her away, or she lost her footing, hit her head,.....etc. Are there those type of bridges in the area? She was a runner; She knew NOT to stand under a tree. But under a cement, stone or sturdy bridge, she would have felt safe from the lightening. So, Have they checked DOWNRIVER from her town?

My whole family is praying for her safe return.

Sitting tight here absorbing all of the info being reported. Personally not going to hash it out about the fitbit etc. In my opinion, she was abducted by a local not known to her. I do feel they will find her (hopefully alive) with her electronic devices. Patience is needed now.

Do we have any hard addresses yet? Mom’s house, bf house? I know it’s a small town but there is still a lot of area. Would like to google map and see geography specific to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova