Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I'm incorrect, but if memory serves me, the dessert was a cake that she planned to bring to work on Friday. So, her mom got the ingredients on Wednesday. But I wouldn't assume that they planned to prepare the dessert until Thursday after she was done with work.

If the Ames police are correct in their statement, then that changes things quite a bit. 10pm is much later than we'd been assuming.
I think they have revised what they KNOW of her wearing but still have no clue about the red shirt. If somebody came to the door she may have just thrown it on to answer it because it was out for the next day, rather than answering in her bra and shorts. I think if they found the red shirt they should at least make that statement.

If the Ames police are correct in their statement, then that changes things quite a bit. 10pm is much later than we'd been assuming.
LE could likely have more recently confirmed (since she went missing 9 days ago) that through snap chat records/data that that is when she sent the snapchat to her boyfriend (at 10 pm), which was not what was wondered previously (that he opened it at 10 pm, but not sure what time she sent it). The 10 pm timeframe as last time she was 'heard from" was in the very first news articles, and now it seems to have been confirmed.

It doesn't totally make sense to me that she wouldn't have followed up with Mom about whether she was coming for dinner or not, and brother about if she needed the car in the morning to go to work, but she could have fallen asleep mid evening & just woke up to send that snapchat as a goodnight to her bf before going to bed, and thought darn, it was too late to call or text Mom cuz she goes to bed early? and she'd figured out her ride to work the next morning so didn't need to tell her brother she needed the car. I agree with earlier post that there is alot not being said about how she normally got to work, etc., possibly because LE has person(s) of interest in her orbit under investigation or surveillance.

WHY isn't Websleuths on TapaTalk any longer?? I'm mostly on my phone or tablet and this site is terrible now via phone and tablet. It was great with TapaTalk. Anyone know if it will be available on TapaTalk soon?
They did an update to their system and it no longer goes through TapaTalk

Sorry. Still not good enough for me. Particularly when the Ames PD posted right afterwards on their FB page that they have "NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION" and it is in direct conflict with FBI and DCI. Also, Ames PD is NOT involved in the investigation, they are over 90 miles away, close to 2 hours away by car from Brooklyn! I have no idea why they would post such a thing, so no, I'm not taking this as current/true information. this is just my opinion and I'm not going down that rabbit hole that she got home after her run. Again, JMO

I agree, I don't believe it completely coming from the Ames PD either since they aren't directly involved and, as has been mentioned, have said they don't have information themselves and also have been corrected on previous tweets...

As to snarky comments about nothing being good enough for WS/ what you can/ can't discuss, talk about whatever you want within the TOS. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree...

Organizers expect more than 300 people to turn out for the Aug. 1 vigil scheduled for 7 p.m. at the RiverLoop Amphitheatre & Expo Plaza in Waterloo. State representatives and police officials are expected to attend.

Family members of Wilson plan to speak at the vigil and Tibbetts' family has been invited, Goodman said.

The parents of 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins are also expected to attend. Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook, were abducted in July 2012 and reported missing for seven months before their bodies were found. No one has been arrested in their killings.”

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans

I really hope and pray there will be a break in the case before Wednesday. Is anyone local planning to attend the vigil? I’m thousands of miles away in Scotland but will be there in spirit.

Nothing is good enough for WS apparently lol

Its definitely good enough to be treated as fact for now, we have Ames PD/MSM/and her mother saying it in reply to Ames PD post on the 24th. Whether some people want to believe it or not is up to them, just like the discussion on who has been cleared, but people can stop saying its fake now.

We've gotten basically nothing from the FBI or sheriffs department besides 1 official statement in 8 days, people waiting for them to confirm ANYTHING will be waiting a long time.

Nothing is good enough for WS apparently lol
Well, keep in mind that Ames, Iowa is over 80 miles away from Brooklyn, Iowa. So, all you have is that police force that previously had published information related to Mollie missing that was incorrect, trying to correct that information.

I wouldn't consider the Ames Police Department to be an authoritative source for information in the case but rather either one of three sources - Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), or the FBI - as an authoritative source for information related to the investigation.

This!!!

This is my first post here ( ive been following for a few days) but Ive been thinking about this all along. I really feel like she was headed to her mom's - now whether she actually ever left to go there or was somehow stopped before that, Im not sure. However, my gut says she started heading that way since the dogs were in the basement and there seems to be no signs of struggle at home. A few things that would make sense to go along with that:

- maybe she took her red shirt with her in case she stayed late and just planned to crash at moms. It would make sense to me that she would walk/run given the short distance and then if she decided to come back home, have her brother or mom give her a ride since it would be dark
- i would think its possible she had more than one pair of contacts or glasses?! Maybe not but I have friends that have multiple pairs of each so I dont think it would be super far fetched
-snapchat to bf: perhaps it wasnt exactly "goodnight" but more of a "im heading out to my moms"/"miss you" message - who knows what time he got off work, when he normally goes to bed, etc so maybe she wasnt sure if they would talk again that evening

Things really bothering me:

1. Given the dessert was for the next day and her mom had specifically gotten the ingredients, it is very odd to me that she didnt show to make the recipe, even if she didnt show to eat. However, both would have been a huge red flag for me as mom since Im pretty sure Ive read that her mom thought she was indeed coming to eat. And it would have been an even bigger red flag if the next morning came and I still hadnt heard anything given she was supposed to take food to work. Not saying the mom is suspect in the least, just saying there must be some things we are missing bc that doesnt add up

2. It seems a little weird she would have gone running twice and then left again to walk to moms ( if the 2 times of 5:30 and 7:30 are accurate when she was spotted). Since the " she made it back to the house after that 730 run" statement hasnt been 100% confirmed ( that Ive seen), perhaps she left to run to moms for the second run and something happened along the way. That seems to make the most sense - and maybe she had changed clothes for that run if she was sweaty from the first ( black sports bra vs pink). Not sure where mom lives but if she would have had to run through town to get there, that would also make sense right?

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Welcome to WS! Great questions. If you go back a few pages, you're questions are mostly answered in recent posts, e.g., the dessert wasn't for the next day, it was for two days later, her mom's house is a mile away and she could easily have walked or run there, she didn't confirm she was coming to dinner, just asked what they were having and when her mom said 'brats' Mollie texted back simply "ok"

One mile to walk is nothing. I strongly dislike running, but would think nothing of a one mile walk to moms for dinner in the summer. I also tend not to change my clothes after a workout in the evening, unless it's something special. Otherwise I just kinda hang out in them, take a shower, and go to bed. I've definitely worn workout clothes to my moms after the gym (family, who cares what you wear, just toss on deodorant). Maybe she did the same, and was on her way to moms. Would explain why no wallet etc.

This!!!

This is my first post here ( ive been following for a few days) but Ive been thinking about this all along. I really feel like she was headed to her mom's - now whether she actually ever left to go there or was somehow stopped before that, Im not sure. However, my gut says she started heading that way since the dogs were in the basement and there seems to be no signs of struggle at home. A few things that would make sense to go along with that:

- maybe she took her red shirt with her in case she stayed late and just planned to crash at moms. It would make sense to me that she would walk/run given the short distance and then if she decided to come back home, have her brother or mom give her a ride since it would be dark
- i would think its possible she had more than one pair of contacts or glasses?! Maybe not but I have friends that have multiple pairs of each so I dont think it would be super far fetched
-snapchat to bf: perhaps it wasnt exactly "goodnight" but more of a "im heading out to my moms"/"miss you" message - who knows what time he got off work, when he normally goes to bed, etc so maybe she wasnt sure if they would talk again that evening

Things really bothering me:

1. Given the dessert was for the next day and her mom had specifically gotten the ingredients, it is very odd to me that she didnt show to make the recipe, even if she didnt show to eat. However, both would have been a huge red flag for me as mom since Im pretty sure Ive read that her mom thought she was indeed coming to eat. And it would have been an even bigger red flag if the next morning came and I still hadnt heard anything given she was supposed to take food to work. Not saying the mom is suspect in the least, just saying there must be some things we are missing bc that doesnt add up

2. It seems a little weird she would have gone running twice and then left again to walk to moms ( if the 2 times of 5:30 and 7:30 are accurate when she was spotted). Since the " she made it back to the house after that 730 run" statement hasnt been 100% confirmed ( that Ive seen), perhaps she left to run to moms for the second run and something happened along the way. That seems to make the most sense - and maybe she had changed clothes for that run if she was sweaty from the first ( black sports bra vs pink). Not sure where mom lives but if she would have had to run through town to get there, that would also make sense right?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

JMO
Great first post

Im starting to think she made it home from the first jog too. And I am also starting to think she was heading over to her Moms for dinner too. And to probably help her make the desert for work.

The main reason I think this is because the dogs were allegedly in basement. And no information from LE that a struggle took place at the house. They were even searching away from house.

That tells me she was probably walking over to her Moms.
So wondering if she knew someone and decided to stop in their house on the way over to Moms and they never let her leave. Or someone picked her up along the way to offer her a ride and she got in because she knew the person.

Hope she wasnt grabbed and abducted by a stranger.

The good thing is LE and family know a lot more than we do and I hope they are honing in what happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member