Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Great first post

Im starting to think she made it home from the first jog too. And I am also starting to think she was heading over to her Moms for dinner too. And to probably help her make the desert for work.

The main reason I think this is because the dogs were allegedly in basement. And no information from LE that a struggle took place at the house. They were even searching away from house. And the update from earlier from LE implied she went missing while walking the "city streets" or something along those lines.

That tells me she was probably walking over to her Moms.
So wondering if she knew someone and decided to stop in their house on the way over to Moms and they never let her leave. Or someone picked her up along the way to offer her a ride and she got in because she knew the person.

Hope she wasnt grabbed and abducted by a stranger.

The good thing is LE and family know a lot more than we do and I hope they are honing in what happened.

They said she was jogging the streets not went missing there. LE has confirmed she made it home.

This!!!

This is my first post here ( ive been following for a few days) but Ive been thinking about this all along. I really feel like she was headed to her mom's - now whether she actually ever left to go there or was somehow stopped before that, Im not sure. However, my gut says she started heading that way since the dogs were in the basement and there seems to be no signs of struggle at home. A few things that would make sense to go along with that:

- maybe she took her red shirt with her in case she stayed late and just planned to crash at moms. It would make sense to me that she would walk/run given the short distance and then if she decided to come back home, have her brother or mom give her a ride since it would be dark
- i would think its possible she had more than one pair of contacts or glasses?! Maybe not but I have friends that have multiple pairs of each so I dont think it would be super far fetched
-snapchat to bf: perhaps it wasnt exactly "goodnight" but more of a "im heading out to my moms"/"miss you" message - who knows what time he got off work, when he normally goes to bed, etc so maybe she wasnt sure if they would talk again that evening

Things really bothering me:

1. Given the dessert was for the next day and her mom had specifically gotten the ingredients, it is very odd to me that she didnt show to make the recipe, even if she didnt show to eat. However, both would have been a huge red flag for me as mom since Im pretty sure Ive read that her mom thought she was indeed coming to eat. And it would have been an even bigger red flag if the next morning came and I still hadnt heard anything given she was supposed to take food to work. Not saying the mom is suspect in the least, just saying there must be some things we are missing bc that doesnt add up

2. It seems a little weird she would have gone running twice and then left again to walk to moms ( if the 2 times of 5:30 and 7:30 are accurate when she was spotted). Since the " she made it back to the house after that 730 run" statement hasnt been 100% confirmed ( that Ive seen), perhaps she left to run to moms for the second run and something happened along the way. That seems to make the most sense - and maybe she had changed clothes for that run if she was sweaty from the first ( black sports bra vs pink). Not sure where mom lives but if she would have had to run through town to get there, that would also make sense right?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

The dessert was not for the next day. It was for Friday.

I agree, I don't believe it completely coming from the Ames PD either since they aren't directly involved and, as has been mentioned, have said they don't have information themselves and also have been corrected on previous tweets...
<snipped rest of comment not responding to>
Could it be a 'ploy' on LE's part to a) feed misinformation to the public through loosely implied but unconfirmed directions the investigation is going in, and b) increase pressure or set a trap for some person of interest that may freak out and make a move if they realize the whole "she went missing while on a run" is off the table and LE now "knows" or "believes" she was abducted from the house later that night?

Last edited:
Her last tweet implies she's a napper, so she may have passed out exhausted when she got home from her run (thus, taking her contacts out).

Mollie Tibbetts on Twitter

I know it's been talked to death in this thread, but she never explicitly confirmed she was coming for dinner. Her mother asked if she was coming, she asked "what's for dinner?", her mother said "brats", and Mollie said "ok". To me, that sounds like a "maybe," which would be why her mother wasn't alarmed that she didn't show up. I suspect Mollie was known to fall asleep/nap after her run and usually not show up for dinner, especially since she probably could have just as easily found something to eat at her boyfriend's if she woke up late hungry.

That, to me, makes me think someone surprised her at boyfriend's. Possibly someone who knew she'd be there alone; they may have found out through social media or through word of mouth (overheard someone). I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to the autistic boy who disappeared in Waverly.

I feel like maybe they have connected Mollie's case to another missing person(s) in the state of Iowa and surrounding areas, hence why the 15 FBI agents.

I re-read this again. Several texts were exchanged between the two. Mollie said she was coming home and also asked, "What is for dinner?"

Calderwood said she had exchanged several text messages with her daughter that afternoon.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

Its definitely good enough to be treated as fact for now, we have Ames PD/MSM/and her mother saying it in reply to Ames PD post on the 24th. Whether some people want to believe it or not is up to them, just like the discussion on who has been cleared, but people can stop saying its fake now.

We've gotten basically nothing from the FBI or sheriffs department besides 1 official statement in 8 days, people waiting for them to confirm ANYTHING will be waiting a long time.
Mollie's mom has also been quoted stating that Mollie disappeared while wearing her running clothes. It makes no sense that she'd still have on her wet, sweaty running clothes at 10pm after her 7:30 run. In addition, the sheriff stated she was last seen at 7:45 pm.

Reports of MT using Fitbit and, by proxy, her phone for Fitbit communication, etc., makes me wonder: who else has access to her Fitbit account and / or phone regarding tracking? Was someone watching her every move or was this a crime of opportunity? Has an alert been issued in the area for parents to watch their children extra closely and lock windows and doors? Is there an urgency... or, not so much?

Was MT *targeted*?

Has there been any update on how the basement was used? Was it a finished or unfinished room? Was it someone's bedroom, doggie room, storage room?

Assuming Mollie came home from her run and went to bed as usual, were the dogs typically locked in the basement during the night? Or would Mollie only do that when no one else was around because they kept her awake? Have any of these theories been discussed?

" ... The last known contact her daughter had with anyone was about 10 p.m. Wednesday, Calderwood said, when she exchanged Snapchat messages with her boyfriend.

The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded. ...

At first, Calderwood thought he daughter was busy with work or something else. But Thursday afternoon, Calderwood said she got a call from her son saying Tibbetts didn’t show up for work..."

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

That’s what I remember it as a “good night message” wish he knew what it said other than it being in the house. I don’t know how Snapchat works but that is kinda annoying. I know she messaged somebody around 7pm it does not say who or she n what platform. Maybe she sent message “going for a run” and that’s why they’re focused on her running clothing. Still leaves out the disappearing red shirt.

And I don’t have time to go through the first thread. I agree. I think with Snapchat after the picture disappears it’s gone. And I’m sure with what he is emotionally going through it’s hard to remember.

I think there are issues right now with WS in general. I have been on off and on since they have done the update but just these past couple of days is the only time I noticed any issues with it. I'm hoping the issues get resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova