Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there were over 5 tornadoes on the ground there on the 19th, so I am sure there was a lot of conversation about it. JMO

I was under the impression the weather issues occurred on the 19th would agree tornadoes would be a topic for discussion before they hit ground.

I just want to be SURE we are not talking (or are)talking about cell phone pings ALONE. In other words, fact as opposed to assunption, if anyone knows for sure.

I hear ya, MsBetsy. I really want to know the relationship of the map and the cell phone pings. I keep thinking about the case in SC where KB went missing on Aug31 and was found in a container with the help of cell phone pings in early November. That's a little over 2 months.

Yes - I am aware of TOS and what is allowed and not allowed.
What I'm asking is -
there isn't much news on weekends. Not much happening. I am a long way from Brooklyn Iowa. I just wondered if the Feds/State LE go home on the weekend and then hit it fresh on Mon morning, or if they reduce their staff and cover phone calls. This isn't a news type of question - nothing to do with evidence - nothing specific - so shouldn't need to come from MSM. Quite frankly, I'm wondering if I should stop knocking myself out trying to read every post on the weekends considering this is a busy time of year for me. I'm not looking for inside information - - -
But if the question offends you, I apologize.
I'm sorry that I upset you.

I just don't want any locals getting in trouble for posting "inside" information about LE staffing for phone calls. I hope you understand.

In my experience, farmers or not, everyone in small town or rural communities in the Midwest are acutely aware of the weather as a regular daily interest.

In my neck of the woods (mid-west/near-northeast) we experience occasional tornadoes, often and unusual rain patterns, sometimes four-foot drift snow depths and we discuss weather often enough I suppose, but I wonder just how often compared to others. Our expected 'summer' season began a month or more later than usual.

FWIW, info about who is eligible to attend the day camp Mollie where Mollie worked:

"The GRMC garden is being maintained again by volunteer GRMC employees and by children in the annual GRMC summer day camp which has been expanded this year.

Four employers are partnering to make summer day camp available to children of parents who work at any of the employers, GRMC, Grinnell College, Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company and the Grinnell-Newburg school district. The day camp has 120 kids signed up and is averaging around 70 children a day. Families decide which days their kids will attend camp and pay a daily fee of $20.

The four employers are supporting the day camp by providing staff and helping fund field trips which include visits to Living History Farms, the Science Center and the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines; the Iowa Speedway in Newton; and the Children’s Museum in Iowa City.

The program is based at Davis School where free summer lunch is being served to kids age 18 and under. Davis is also housing the Summer Learning Is Cool for Kids program with its 39 AmeriCorps members and 95 kids."

GIVING GARDEN ADDED AT AHRENS PARK - Ahrens Family Foundation

Last edited:
Maybe with all of the threads, and traffic things are happening with the posts. I have seen that on other platforms and It seems to happen the longer a thread gets. May be the case here.
Might be helpful to alert Tricia or mods and let them know it is happening so they can open new threads earlier as they had been at 50ish?
Or I am wrong and we have spooks
Oh, ok, yeah there was a broken quote in one thread and it caused alot of problems.

I just don't want any locals getting in trouble for posting "inside" information about LE staffing for phone calls. I hope you understand.
And no where have I said I want inside information. I asked a simple question. I know my husband worked M-F - rarely weekends unless something needed immediate attention. When I am pressed for time, I hate to read through 1000 or more posts that contains no new info. No offense to anyone on here - almost all posts are informative.

If a police agency closes, it would be public knowledge. Police Dept hours are not confidential. However Fed and State are open 24/7. Idk about Brooklyn specifically. However, no agency is going to ignore a tip at any time.

I just have to say that after following this case since day one and following every single piece of information that my thoughts are that the person who disappeared her is someone very well known to her and someone very close to her. I'm thinking that at this very moment they are really sweating it out and will most likely break at any time. It will totally shock most people who is responsible. JMO

Hi all
The things I eliminate are alien abductions, tornadoes swooping her up, lightening striking her, and Dalton having any involvement.
Oh! And mauled by wildlife, as one poster just reminded me.

Last edited:
My last post was not meant to have the quotes that it did. Sorry! Sometimes I want to post and will start one, but then change my mind. I meant to post to confusins post #918.
Yes, that's confusing, as I replied to confusion as well and it ended up as a continuation of her post. So it might not be you, just confusion confusing us. JK on that last bit. But as someone posted, it may be a glitch so if you see it again ( as I was told) maybe let the mods know.

:) funny

I just have to jump ahead and say something about how it looks to me:
Apparently, Mollie had a three hour tel conversation w/her father right before her disappearance. That seems awfully fishy and too coincidental to me. What on earth did they talk about? I think Mollie may just have been asking for some very personal advices about her life. Something was probably ‘up’ in her life.

I think she left with someone she knew. It was probably voluntary. She felt enough security to get into a vehicle w/the perp.<modsnipped> I think she has been murdered and the perp is the only one who knows where her body lies. I could go into much more detail as to how and why I have arrived at this conclusion (always subject to change with the release of more information).

LE is merely waiting for sufficient ‘cause’ to make the arrest. The prosecuting attorney needs to have as much evidence as possible to make the charges and present the case to a jury. The evidence is incredibly ‘thin’ at this point. And you cannot arrest someone merely on’suspicion’. In my opinion, the perp is someone very well known to all.
I am interested in the how and why of your conclusion in paragraph 2, and LE needing sufficient cause, and perp someone very well known to all?

I think it was someone not from the area, even possibly out of state. I can imagine a serial offender out on the road and coming across MT, jogging on a remote road in the evening. It's likely someone that literally had time to kill, offended before, and knew they could likely get away with it. This is someone that thinks they committed the perfect crime and knew no one was watching.

If someone snatches someone on a remote rural road with no homes and no one watching, doesn't make a huge scene, and is not from the state, how can they be caught? I can imagine it taking awhile.
There is.
I just have to say that after following this case since day one and following every single piece of information that my thoughts are that the person who disappeared her is someone very well known to her and someone very close to her. I'm thinking that at this very moment they are really sweating it out and will most likely break at any time. It will totally shock most people who is responsible. JMO
agree agree agree agree agree agreee

Yeah and I hope that this 'friend' of Mollie's will eventually make a mistake or that the 'friend's' family or friends will eventually be hit with a sense of morality and come forward with what they know.

If a police agency closes, it would be public knowledge. Police Dept hours are not confidential. However Fed and State are open 24/7. Idk about Brooklyn specifically. However, no agency is going to ignore a tip at any time.
I think the question was posed as to specific details and not about office hours.

At any rate locals or non verified insiders shouldn't try to answer questions about LE staffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82