Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I lived near Brooklyn and had a cornfield, I think I'd hold my breath until I was done with my field. I'd be terrified that I could be the one to find Mollie
I'd comb every square foot before harvesting because there is no way I'd chance accidentally running her over or whatever else could happen while harvesting. Might take awhile, but I'd be paranoid of it.

11.6% chance she will ever be found.

I'm not going to post my two spots of interest because I'm sure you are all sick of seeing me post those. In addition, to my hot spots, I would recommend looking in big grain bins (or the equivalent) where the corn might be kept. Silo, I don't know what you call them as I am a city slicker.

It was in the local paper that the cameras at coop were non operational if that helps.

Hi Charlie, was this an online publication or hardcopy newspaper? Wondering if you remember the name of the publication? I've looked high and low and haven't been able to find this, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated! TIA :)

Just noticed something else that caught my eye. There are several "self storage" places right near Brooklyn off Hwy 6. It would be interesting to see who was visiting those facilities shortly after Mollie disappeared. They might be storing evidence, "trophies", etc. Worth a look I'd say.

First bolded sentence - 100% agree with you. Second bolded sentence - I believe they are very well on their way to an arrest.

Dear Rosesfromangels,

I still strongly believe in this investigative team and I agree with you that "they are very well on their way to an arrest."

May Mollie's loved ones hold each other tightly during this unfathomable time.

My heart goes out to all of them.

I'm not going to post my two spots of interest because I'm sure you are all sick of seeing me post those. In addition, to my hot spots, I would recommend looking in big grain bins (or the equivalent) where the corn might be kept. Silo, I don't know what you call them as I am a city slicker.
Well, I am glad you are posting it, because I mentioned that about 25 threads ago or so. But of course it's probably some complex, I80 serial killer so everyone is sticking with that. I agree with you though.

Dear Rosesfromangels,

I still strongly believe in this investigative team and I agree with you that "they are very well on their way to an arrest."

May Mollie's loved ones hold each other tightly during this unfathomable time.

My heart goes out to all of them.
Dear Zen - how wonderful you are here on the thread! Yes! Let's surround the family and LE with love and resilience. Let's bring this beautiful girl home.

Curious. “Drop his guard” and do what differently?
Maybe the possibilities could include:
Leaving town.
Returning to old habits like drinking and smoking weed (which can cause loose lips).
Not having to constantly guard/monitor a small piece of ground where is hidden (a weapon or body).
Deciding the time is right to bury someone or something deeper, thus possibly becoming bold enough to return to a certain spot.
...etc.

As to your last point, you are talking about two cases that are unrelated. The autistic boy appears to have wandered off and drowned. The second involves a young woman who was either pushed from a car by her boyfriend, or jumped. No matter what happened in that case, it appears to be domestic. Just a coincidence IMO.
I have not given much thought to someone who knows her, but after reading your post about her being alone that night I have to reconsider. If she was out running with someone at the house, they would have raised the alarm much sooner and things may have turned out differently. thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Well, I am glad you are posting it, because I mentioned that about 25 threads ago or so. But of course it's probably some complex, I80 serial killer so everyone is sticking with that. I agree with you though.
Well it appears you and I are on the same wavelength, and I think you are spot on.
Thank you for posting this idea 25 threads back! I hope someone picked up on your suggestion and is attempting to figure out how to search silos; wouldn't be an easy task.

Drives out toward pig farm. Tosses phone and Fitbit.
I don't think there would be any reason to get rid of her fitbit. It doesn't look like the smartwatch type, and without the phone the fitbit won't sync any data. Couldn't they just toss the phone or remove the sim? Could probably pawn that phone once the sim is removed. Not sure, though. Depends on model and carrier, I guess.

Well it appears you and I are on the same wavelength, and I think you are spot on.
Thank you for posting this idea 25 threads back! I hope someone picked up on your suggestion and is attempting to figure out how to search silos; wouldn't be an easy task.
We've had several deaths by grain bin in our area, and actually some people were arrested for killing a guy just that way. Not a nice way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member