Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am spooked personally by the running scenarios because it’s my experience, but I have a different theory, if I had to lay odds. Sadly, I feel at my core as if we’ll never know.

What was my aha moment then?

I just remembered you saying you had a strong conclusion and it made sense to me.

I just feel like sometimes things aren’t as big a mystery as they seem when it’s a case that gets so much attention in such a short amount of time. Obviously it’s my own thoughts on it all. Just praying she comes home safe.

OT But also if Mr Tibbetts carries health insurance coverage for his 2 sons and Mollie thru his work he may also need to be present at the job to continue coverage for himself,wife and children after he used all his paid time off- that is how it works here in my state. I believe he is a wonderful man who has given his all and I do understand someone urging him to get back to CA and TRY somehow to reacclimate to his life- I believe he will ALWAYS be completely involved in finding Mollie and will find platforms to do so in CA- he will never rest until Mollie is found. My heart aches for all that care for Mollie- such an unimaginable situation to have to try to cope with every second of every day.

The question I'm addressing: who is the 10 year old girl who was allegedly missing wearing a pink coat.
I’m thinking may have been simply a case of a missing kid in the library and parent notified campus security. Not a full blown missing persons investigation.

Hey my kid ran off. She’s wearing a pink coat can you find her? MT happened to be wearing a pink coat so they talked to her.

I just remembered you saying you had a strong conclusion and it made sense to me.

I just feel like sometimes things aren’t as big a mystery as they seem when it’s a case that gets so much attention in such a short amount of time. Obviously it’s my own thoughts on it all. Just praying she comes home safe.
I'm going to agree with you. This will not be that big a mystery when the facts come out.
Thank you for your input. It means a lot.

if anyone of us had our life picked apart in tiny detail there would be odd things to someone when it was just a normal day and normal event to us.

some want to search every inch of EVERYTHING, I understand wanting her found. what about the several hundread innocent people having their lives trampled on to find one guilty. if LE has good cause then great, search and search high and low.

I am feeling SURE that LE has a lot more than what they are telling. apparently with good cause.

the very large reward is almost starting to sound like a treasure hunt to me.

now I am going to try to hush and sit on my hands.

I’m thinking may have been simply a case of a missing kid in the library and parent notified campus security. Not a full blown missing persons investigation.

Hey my kid ran off. She’s wearing a pink coat can you find her? MT happened to be wearing a pink coat so they talked to her.
Yeah. I think this is a big nothingburger. It was a funny story, that almost certainly is completely irrelevant to this case.

Also-quick question...I may have missed it as I went through all threads, but are we sure the interest in the car wash is only related to possible security video? No chance they could be interested in someone using it to wash away evidence? Sorry if I’m way off on this one...still thinking she might have been hit...
I am convinced that the 5 dots on the map mean something to LE, but I am not convinced how they are relevant, meaning I have no reason to believe that the security camera is the only reason reason LE is interested in the car wash.
<modsnip>
I am convinced she did not run away.
I am convinced she is somewhere.
I am convinced that nobody has found her.
Those are the only things I am confident of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does my replies keep picking up my last reply? I keep editing my posts to delete them but its bothering me.

Right click "Select All" and delete the content. Then go to the toolbar at the top of your reply field, click on what looks like a floppy disk and select "Delete Draft".

MT's tweet indicates the "cop" asked if she got off the bus earlier... if it were regarding a missing child in the library the bus needn't have been referenced.

The question I'm addressing: who is the 10 year old girl who was allegedly missing wearing a pink coat.
Oh boy. This was brought up a long time ago because Mollie had told a friend that a police officer approached her in the library because she looked like a girl who was missing. Some people went a little wild with this and speculated this police officer could be her killer. Nothing came of it. I don't think we know who the girl is but it's irrelevant

MT's tweet indicates the "cop" asked if she got off the bus earlier... if it were regarding a missing child in the library the bus needn't have been referenced.
maybe the kid was supposed to take the bus to the library after school, and the mom didn't see her right away. still really weird and ironic, especially for it to be pinned, and for her to later go missing herself.

Trouble replying, this is agreeing with RANCH in post 1154.

"they haven't identified any suspects that doesn't mean they don't have one."
"That's true."
(above reply quotes)!!!

LE do not tell us everything.
There could possibly be a 'sting' operating: to catch out a suspect, they consider.

A cop asks Mollie if she is a missing child because someone apparently called police to tell them that they thought they spotted her. It’s a funny story. To make a connection to something nefarious, isn’t just a stretch, it’s grasping at straws IMO.

We have no idea if thats true. They have interviewed over 100 people. Is it possible that they may have someone in mind, and just not named him a suspect?
I'm not sure if that was a rhetorical question... But LE probably would not name a Suspect, unless they could not find that person (had fled) and had strong reason to believe...ie evidence either circumstantial or physical, that person was connected to a crime. If they had enough to name someone, they would arrest either on probable cause or, more likely in this situation, an arrest warrant.

I am convinced that the 5 dots on the map mean something to LE, but I am not convinced how they are relevant, meaning I have no reason to believe that the security camera is the only reason reason LE is interested in the car wash.
I am not convinced anyone other than her father could be ruled out, regardless of who may have been "cleared".
I am convinced she did not run away.
I am convinced she is somewhere.
I am convinced that nobody has found her.
Those are the only things I am confident of.
The car wash is relevant in that someone was probably there cleaning their vehicle of evidence.

Oh boy. This was brought up a long time ago because Mollie had told a friend that a police officer approached her in the library because she looked like a girl who was missing. Some people went a little wild with this and speculated this police officer could be her killer. Nothing came of it.

Thank you for clarifying! After thread #10 or so I’d check in nightly and be so far behind. So started just catching up through the most recent threads’ final pages. I’m not sure how I missed that theory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210