Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car wash is a point of interest on the map because she ran by it and the truck stop because if you're going to Brooklyn you'll probably take that exit to get up into town. I don't think LE has a suspect from either place, but want to talk to everybody possible to drum up clues. Just my opinion.

Her route is not known, so we don't know if she ran past the car wash that night.

LE does not have a “perp” or suspect. If they did, they would ask for specific info (red truck seen, need more sightings i.e) or none at all.

They would NOT ask for who changed their hair, missed work, etc...they would not need that info or thousands more useless tips. They would not give out ANY info, Imo, if they had a suspect, not this LE.

Also, unless they have video, a confession or the person is extremely close to Mollie...it is very unlikely anyone will be arrested prior to her being found. Jmo

So other than a turning point towards dot 5, as well as potentially outlining to a perp that they know the route he took, what is a likely significance of dot 4?

Phone found? Clothes found? Etc?

Any theories there?

JMO.

I believe LE has purposefully left out one or more 'locations of interest' from their published map, and there is of course the perp's direction from and path in to Brooklyn before he comes across MT. How long was he sitting in wait, or did he just happen across MT's path and made a split-second decision?

I've been leaning toward a perp who knew MT's jogging habits but now I'm wondering about the opposite. What if this was entirely a crime of opportunity, without pre-planning?

What are the odds? Long-shot, so we have this: the perp might not have pre-planned to abduct MT, but he might have pre-planned to abduct any female when the opportunity presented itself. The inclusion of the interstate exchange in LE's map convinced me. It was the in/out for the perp. The perp may have been cruising the town (at 'normal' driving speeds) before coming across MT.

I agree. I saw a couple of videos of Brooklyn. Of those, I make have seen two or three vehicles. Not much traffic. Hard to believe nothing was seen out of the ordinary. Maybe there is something to the "Black SUV sighting" or has that been discounted.

I don't know where I went wrong. I thought the pig farm was southeast of that point by a few miles, just south of the wildlife area on 21. Thanks for clearing that up!!

Bang on. Look in the lower right corner of the map, and you see Guernsey. Lower right dot is roughly 10 miles from Brooklyn, and Guernsey is roughly 13 miles.

Attachments

• Mollie Aug 17 Map.jpg
    Mollie Aug 17 Map.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 59
Someone could have had the sun their eyes and hit her. That time of eve is when the sun is at that blinding angle. Perhaps texting or any distraction.
There are too many things for me to make a stranger abduction or SK high on my list.
Rebuffed advance / argument with someone she knew is my first choice. Or someone who secretly wanted to date her or jealous of her boyfriend in their circle.
What about her new apartment did she meet anyone where she was moving in yet? Creepy landlord? I know...I watch too many crime shows.

It's hard to believe that in a small town as this is we still know so little.

I think some of this shows where we are as a society in 2018. When I was a youngster people where outside until it got dark. Now a days kids stay inside and play videogames, Adults are inside on computers and social media. Drive thru your own little small towns and notice how fewer people are actually outside compared to back in the 80's and 90's. There are many less people to see unusual activity or strange vehicles. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member