Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

and

"Law enforcement seek so-called tower dumps to try to identify a suspect in a crime, compelling tower operators to provide the phone numbers of all devices that connected to a specific tower during a given period of time."

and

"As state and federal investigators chase down more than 1,500 leads in the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, officials are asking anyone who may have been in one of five areas in her hometown the night she vanished to come forward."

So, I'm thinking that the dots are areas where LE got location data from the cell tower dump. They can rule out most locals that have reason to be there. But they still have cell numbers they can't identify. It doesn't mean Mollie was ever at those places, but someone was and they don't know who. And it doesn't mean the same phone number was at all the dots. MOO

Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student
Iowa investigators searching for Mollie Tibbetts ask anyone in these 5 areas the night she vanished to contact them
Verizon reports spike in government requests for cell 'tower dumps'

Right now I wish I was a geek. Someb0dy can write a program that plugs in all the data and creates a drilled down list. Or somebody did. This is why I’m not putting my dna into 23andme or ancestry. Brave new world...

I miss one day of WS and I am a thread and a half behind. WOW. I guess there have been no new developments except that Mr. Tibbetts has returned to Cali? Maybe next week will be the week that Mollie will be found (hopefully alive). I sure hope so.

After a month of being held captive and enduring God knows what, I'm not sure which outcome would be better...

Right now I wish I was a geek. Someb0dy can write a program that plugs in all the data and creates a drilled down list. Or somebody did. This is why I’m not putting my dna into 23andme or ancestry. Brave new world...
Otto? Just give it a few minutes, lol. He's amazing.

Morning all. Lots of thinking.

DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON POSSIBLE ROUTE:

Per otto’s awesome map:

1 truck stop

2 car wash

3 hwy 385 (near Mollie's house-sit) and W. Pershing Dr

4 385 ave East out of the city

5 Guernsey area

I think differently.
  1. House sit (known location)
  2. Car wash/moms house (potentially sighted)
  3. Area east of Brooklyn near I6 (this to me is the least discussed area on this thread. Why is this point on the map?)
  4. Southern most dot (straight line from previous)
  5. Truck stop (leaving town).

If both 3 and 4 (per above) are as rural as they look, it’s an escape route and likely LE has her digital signatures here.

Maybe truck stop is on there because of cameras to see who was leaving town not who was coming in to town.

Have we considered that she was picked up at 2, something happened at point 3 (per above)—4 is back road—on the way to leaving town and dumping electronics or finally turning them off and 5 is leaving with her possibly concealed in the vehicle? There would have been a lot of places that he could have incapacitated her and hid her between my points 3 and 4. It does help the theory that she got a ride with someone she knew (at 2) and then it turned bad (at 3 or between 3 and 4). If she’s not in town- the public is no longer at risk, “per se” (meaning in Brooklyn).

Perhaps LE Is looking at cars that were by the cameras in town (by the car wash) and then left town later in the evening. The reverse of what has been discussed previously.

In a previous post I was wondering about construction workers involved with the new, very-behind-schedule Poweshiek Water wastewater treatment plant, I am trying to ascertain if it's this site: New Wastewater Treatment Plant | Brooklyn Iowa , which appears to be on or right near I-6. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That might explain the "Area east of Brooklyn near I6 (this to me is the least discussed area on this thread. Why is this point on the map?)" you ask about.

Last edited:
I really hope that all individuals who were anywhere near any of the dots between 5 and 10 that day really understand the importance of contacting LE. Every brain needs to be picked, every fact checked, double checked, and triple checked. Do you think everyone has called in?
There have been 2000+ tips called in. So I'd say yes, and then some.

to each their own...for family I am sure the being alive in any condition is best, for a person themselves, I don't know, for me I think there are worse things than death.
She's 20. No matter what happened, if she is alive people are resilient. She sounds extremely resilient. She has a psychology background. She has a huge family network. If anyone could recover from whatever, it would be someone with those traits/background as long as there is not some sort of major brain damage rendering a person incapable.moo

I hope there is good news soon. I am far from the "point of no return" and that would be years from now for me. I hope that if anyone is keeping Mollie somewhere that they will just pull it together, step into the general reality and out of their own, and decide to help her get home.

I think you are smart to be aware as much as possible about who you are dealing with. We've been trying to connect dots to figure out how someone can vanish into thin air like MT. Without much information from LE its been rough going to say the least. But not to cast stones at your skilled workers as I am sure most are decent hardworking people trying to support themselves and their families, it would be easy for someone to be a temp worker and just float around on the road going from job to job. I would think they would just blend into the background in most of the towns and not get a second glance from most of the locals. I also would think if they are away from home they would be lonely and this might lead to activities that might be out of the ordinary. Speculation sure, but could be possible. Thanks again for your posts. So interesting to see how these construction jobs fill out their work forces.
You would be surprised what goes on at the bigger job sites. Lots of drugs which makes me wonder about the drug problems in rural IA towns. Here’s an example of 3 months ago. Had a job site in LA. Pretty big project. We had 32 total out there. A good chunk were my guys. 3 different trades - pipe welders, pipe fitters and millwrights. 2 days into the project one of my best employees texts me “please call me ASAP. It’s important.” This wasn’t an advance request. There was a huge drug problem down there. The foreman for the manufacturing plant’s wife worked there as well. She was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room on breaks. I immediately drug tested all of my guys. 1 failed and I terminated. It’s a big issue out there.

You would be surprised what goes on at the bigger job sites. Lots of drugs which makes me wonder about the drug problems in rural IA towns. Here’s an example of 3 months ago. Had a job site in LA. Pretty big project. We had 32 total out there. A good chunk were my guys. 3 different trades - pipe welders, pipe fitters and millwrights. 2 days into the project one of my best employees texts me “please call me ASAP. It’s important.” This wasn’t an advance request. There was a huge drug problem down there. The foreman for the manufacturing plant’s wife worked there as well. She was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room on breaks. I immediately drug tested all of my guys. 1 failed and I terminated. It’s a big issue out there.
I know this to be true. A friend of mine works for a large city where he oversees many of these types of trades. Failing drug tests is a constant concern, and he is aware of all sorts of tricks these guys pull to try and beat the tests. It's very concerning to think of someone high operating heavy machinery, but it most likely happens much more than we know or think.

consider this. mollie is on her run, starts not to feel well, decides to take a short cut home, cuts across a field or woods, has a heart attack and dies. It happens with young people who are playing strenuous sports having no prior indications of a faulty heart. I think le should start the searches again

Everything is in the vicinity of everything, it's all in one county.
Wow. A statement like that can really throw everybody off. I just spent an hour trying to analyze all the scenarios, trying to catch up since late last night. You may might have just discounted every single one!! Surely one can narrow it down. I'm not good with maps either, like others have said. But I can still tell that some things are much closer to points than others! DON'T underestimate all the hard work everyone is doing on this!!!

Last edited:
It looks like the Pleasant Inn & Suites is right by the Pilot Truck Center. Wonder if that’s a point of interest and not the actual truck stop?

The address is 4130 IA-21, Brooklyn, IA 52211

consider this. mollie is on her run, starts not to feel well, decides to take a short cut home, cuts across a field or woods, has a heart attack and dies. It happens with young people who are playing strenuous sports having no prior indications of a faulty heart. I think le should start the searches again
i agree. they should start the searches again, or expand on them and ask for volunteers to help with searches. There was a poster going to ride around and film things again and was asking if there were any specific places anyone wanted searched/filmed. Anyone remember whom that was.

I have just started following this case. I have a few questions and have tried looking through the threads, but there's just so much:
1. Was Mollie ever known to walk/jog to her mom's house in the morning time (instead of evening) to get the car?
2. Would the location of where the red shirt was found be somewhere on her route from DJ's house to her mom's?
3. What time was she supposed to be at work?
4. Did she have her own set of keys for the car and if so, have they been located?

I'm wondering if she woke up early and decided to walk/jog to mom's to get the car. If she had her own keys, she could have gotten it without having to contact the brother. Maybe she was going to text him once she got there to say she was taking it. I know he texted her at some point to ask her if she needed the car, but depending on what time she had to be at work, she may have already started walking over there before he texted her. Maybe she had on her sports bra while she walked over and was carrying the red shirt with her to slip on to go to work in. Mom said she kept things at DJ's house, so maybe she did have a 3rd shirt she'd picked up to keep at his house. If she was carrying it with her, but not wearing it, that would explain why the sports bra is missing. She could have dropped it if something happened to her there.

i agree. they should start the searches again, or expand on them and ask for volunteers to help with searches. There was a poster going to ride around and film things again and was asking if there were any specific places anyone wanted searched/filmed. Anyone remember whom that was.
Sharon Needles???

It looks like the Pleasant Inn & Suites is right by the Pilot Truck Center. Wonder if that’s a point of interest and not the actual truck stop?

I think there are more than one truck stop there and there is interest in a specific one and I think it is the TA truck stop, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member