Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where do all of the Tradewinds employees stay? What’s the closest hotel/lodging?

I have a family member that worked in this field and employees were brought in from out of state (home office) and worked directly for the company. One place the crew stayed at was a “boarding house” where the owner cooked meals every day. This was the only lodging within many hours/miles from the wind project.

I don’t know what stage the project is in - are there company names on the trucks coming and going? If they are installing them - it’s not for the faint of heart or those afraid of heights. They said it’s like sitting in a bathtub up there.

Hi all,
I've been following this case like crazy since the beginning, and is actually the reason I found Websleuths in the first place! Since then, I've been reading all the threads, though I admit that I sometimes just go ahead and skip to the last page.
That being said, I wanted to bring up the fitbit. I know that this has been discussed a lot already, and isn't really the topic of conversation at the moment, but I just wanted to add in my two cents.
Perhaps this has already been explained, but a lot of people have been concerned about just how beneficial the fitbit information would be, especially if it's dead or out of range from her phone. I read somewhere that they were contacting Fitbit directly, so I feel like it wouldn't matter much if it was out of range/not synced. Wouldn't they have all the information in some kind of data base, gathered directly from the fitbit itself? Maybe not, but I would think so. I have a fitbit, one of the older models, and its battery lasts about five days, sometimes more. Mollie's fitbit is probably dead considering its been longer than that, but the information prior to that is undoubtedly important.

Rebecca Bletstsch and Ally Brueger. First thing I did was see how far Muskegon Mi and Holly Mi were.
You?
Of course the cousins from Iowa then I looked up how far Iowa is from different states and the ease of highways to get there. Young girls out in country atmospheres that disappear might have some commonalities.

I haven't lived around corn fields but wouldn't transporting a body into a corn field show disruption like flattened areas? Or would they just naturally stand back up?
Also, I think most killers leave a body nearer the road for their own convenience.
We don't know that Mollie isn't still alive somewhere. It just seems to be searching for a needle in a haystack right now. I hope LE and FBI know a lot more than we do.

I did detassel corn back in my day! Majority of the time you have to turn sideways to get through the cornstalks... they aren’t the easiest to knock over though. But would def show some tampering if someone carried or drug a body through the corn field. The only way she could have gotten into a corn field is if someone directed her to do so... IMO

I dont want to be that annoying person but im about to be.. Ive read all 3 threads and most of 4 but yall go too fast for me! Is it now confirmed she was home and ok at 10pm?
I feel you. Between all the arguing over human trafficking and the hundreds of posts stating who is not a suspect it's hard to gleam any real info here

I dont want to be that annoying person but im about to be.. Ive read all 3 threads and most of 4 but yall go too fast for me! Is it now confirmed she was home and ok at 10pm?
Nope. We don't know if she ever made it home after her 7:30 -8:00 jog. What we do know is that her bf didn't open her snapchat until 10:00, which she had sent earlier.

Hi all,
I've been following this case like crazy since the beginning, and is actually the reason I found Websleuths in the first place! Since then, I've been reading all the threads, though I admit that I sometimes just go ahead and skip to the last page.
That being said, I wanted to bring up the fitbit. I know that this has been discussed a lot already, and isn't really the topic of conversation at the moment, but I just wanted to add in my two cents.
Perhaps this has already been explained, but a lot of people have been concerned about just how beneficial the fitbit information would be, especially if it's dead or out of range from her phone. I read somewhere that they were contacting Fitbit directly, so I feel like it wouldn't matter much if it was out of range/not synced. Wouldn't they have all the information in some kind of data base, gathered directly from the fitbit itself? Maybe not, but I would think so. I have a fitbit, one of the older models, and its battery lasts about five days, sometimes more. Mollie's fitbit is probably dead considering its been longer than that, but the information prior to that is undoubtedly important.

I read on here somewhere that the Fitbit led to the farm searches. If so how far away are they from Brooklyn and are they jogging distance? No link for the Fitbit so MOO.

Hi all,

Solved: How long can I go without syncing to my computer? - Fitbit Community

• All trackers have the ability to store up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you wait longer than 7 days before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data.
  • Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. If your tracker measures heart rate, summary heart rate data will be stored as well.
So if the phone was dead (and the phone's battery would probably be gone long before the Fitbit) useful data is on the device if it can be recovered. I don't know if the Fitbit running out of power will mean that the minute-by-minute data/summary data is lost, it depends on the type of memory they are using.

I get a Tara Grinstead vibe from this case. Someone on the outside-periphery of the victim's known social circles looking in. Too much of a coincidence that MT was alone the night she disappeared. Unless she left clues on social media that she'd be alone, likely someone she encountered IRL in the previous week. Even if the perp simply eavesdropped on a conversation between MT and someone else indicating MT would be alone that night.
I followed the Tara Grinstead case in great detail, listened to the full podcast, and this sounds A LOT like that sad case. Mollie may have had an "admirer" from a far in her small town, or someone at work who knew she was alone in the house, and wanted to get with her. Things went wrong in the encounter. Maybe he was waiting for her when she returned from her run?

This might be completely out there, and I haven't heard anything similar ... but as mentioned, she was studying psychology. What if it was someone she knew from college who knew her boyfriend was going to be out of town, and decided to play a "psychology experiment" of some kind. Just a thought. This person could be mentally deranged and holding her against her will. It could just as easily be someone she met in school as it could be someone she met in her hometown. I imagine they're investigating all of her ties.

I read on here somewhere that the Fitbit led to the farm searches. If so how far away are they from Brooklyn and are they jogging distance? No link for the Fitbit so MOO.

Other than rumors, haven't seen confirmation on the fitbit data being the basis of the farm searches.

Although the timing of LE acknowledging they had the fitbit data and that it was helpful and the searches might imply that it was the fitbit data that led them to the farms.

I believe the farms were 15+ miles south of Brooklyn.

JMO
The pig farm searches were about 15 miles away if I remember right.

I too think the search of the pig farm may have been from either the fitbit data or phone data they did get from the companies. Which may have been one of the last locations they were able to get. It would explain why they searched so hard there. They could have thought that the devices were tossed and maybe they were trying to find either the fitbit device or the cellphone and not necessarily her body. Of course they would be looking for her too if she was there but wondering if they were thinking the device may have been tossed out a car window there.

Also for theories about someone may have hit her with their car and panicked. That does happen. Just found this link below. It just happened last night in early morning hours of Saturday morning in Des Moines. So that theory is plausible.

Bicyclist dies after hit and run in Des Moines overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member