Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too. At this point I do think she went to her mothers. Maybe she didn't make it home from her mom's.

But if she did go to her mom's for dinner wouldn't that make the brother's statement of him being the last to see her at 5:30 inaccurate? She may have gone to her mom's for dinner but I don't think she actually made it. Otherwise they would have said that she ate dinner with the mom and they would have said what she was wearing when she left and what time

But if she did go to her mom's for dinner wouldn't that make the brother's statement of him being the last to see her at 5:30 inaccurate? She may have gone to her mom's for dinner but I don't think she actually made it. Otherwise they would have said that she ate dinner with the mom and they would have said what she was wearing when she left and what time
i want to know what she was doing before 530 and where she was, has that been posted or said

Another thought - if LE really doesn’t know exactly when she disappeared, how can they clear anyone as a suspect?
So unless someone has an alibi for the whole time frame between the last time someone talked to her and when she didn’t show up for work, he might be a poi. Or, LE have a very good idea of exactly when she disappeared and are narrowing down the eligible suspects.

It's possible the dogs go to the basement at night. Our Beagle is crated at night, otherwise she goes on the carpet.
So far, there has been zero answers to the questions about any sign of a struggle, or any evidence of forced entry, etc. LE has kept VERY quiet about that, as have the family. Also zero answers so far on how she was expected to get to work the next day.
"One avenue of thought is that if it wasn't a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with," Mortvedt said. "But then the other avenue of thought is it could have been a stranger who simply overpowered her or tricked her. We just have very little to go on."

Boyfriend of missing Iowa college student cleared as suspect

have you ever seen a case where they dont want to release a timeline. Thats like one of the most important things for the public

The only way they wouldn’t release a good timeline is if they believe they have their suspect! That’s the only thing that makes sense. Hands down, I think they know. Just waiting

I agree.

Or, the University has contacted the parents (and LE) and noted that her homework was being completed (let's say after 11 pm).

A lot of colleges have a platform you have to submit your homework on, by a certain time, or it is marked "late".

MT might have been working on a group project with someone, or a couple of people, on someone else's home computer, and then submitted the homework to the platform right before midnight.

She might not have been working at the Bf's house, and might not have been on her laptop at all, in fact, that evening.

Yes, but...if she was up late working online, surely she would have responded to her mom's earlier text at some point. No way are they (law enforcement) giving out all they know.

The brother might not have been home when Mollie went there for dinner.

I wondered that too, if she was elsewhere doing the homework, especially with the bf saying the Snapchat was in a house but not the house. But then I remembered the laptop was still at bf’s. I wondered if she had used another computer, such as at a friend or aqauintance but I feel that can’t be it because FBI would have known the location she was doing homework from based on the internet forensics, I’d think
Yes, but...if she was up late working online, surely she would have responded to her mom's earlier text at some point. No way are they (law enforcement) giving out all they know.

Previous owners of the home where she was staying. IMO someone close to her knew she was alone. They knew her BF was out of town, and knew that his brother and his GF was out of town . How long after she went missing did someone return to the house to stay there.

Does anyone know how they would know about how late she was doing homework? I did online classes 6 years ago & did have midnight due dates as well, so is this how they found out? Seeing her homework activity? Or is there a way to just look at her computer and tell, any tech people?

Assuming she made it back from the jog, and if she wasn't taken from inside the boyfriend's home, then there would really only be two scenarios:

A late night walk to the mom's house or taken right outside the bf's house in the morning?

I believe the mom said she wouldn't run at night, so why would Mollie decide to walk? 1-mile walk can take 20+ mins. If she needed to get there that badly, I like to believe she'd call the brother/mom for a ride.

So the theory it happened in the morning feels more likely. The red shirt is saying a lot. There's a good chance she was actually wearing it. I mean why else would it be gone?

I wonder what time Mollie usually woke up before going to work. Did she get up extra early to prepare breakfast, time for make-up, shower, etc.? She also had to take the dogs out to relieve themselves too.

The brother did text her at 7:30 am Thursday morning. I don't think it's crazy to think Mollie got up as early as 6 am.

Does anyone know how they would know about how late she was doing homework? I did online classes 6 years ago & did have midnight due dates as well, so is this how they found out? Seeing her homework activity? Or is there a way to just look at her computer and tell, any tech people?

I’m guessing here that you probably could get the info from the computer but I’m sure it would have been easier to go to the school and see what time she logged into their system and did homework or turned in an assignment, whatever it may be!

I've not quite managed to read everything, this case is surely fast moving, has it been confirmed that Mollie went to her Mom's? As far as I read I'd got the impression that she hadn't gone (but no reason stated why).

I have a theory but can't post it, a couple of aspects of this remind me of cases some years ago here in England. If I'm right sadly I don't think Mollie will be found alive
According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded.

But dinner came and went, Calderwood said, and Tibbetts didn’t come home.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member