Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have an accent!?!? :eek::p To me brawts would be pronounced with an awww (as in Milwaukee - where I was born and raised) not an ahhhh like when you have a tongue depressor in your mouth!

I'm in NC now and on the rare occasion I hear a native pronounce it, sad to say it's usually brats (short a) like the unruly kid!:D:D:D

I think pronouncing it brawts is normal for the flyover states area. I was born and raised in Iowa and currently live in Minnesota, and it is still pronounced brawts. *shrugs*.

O/T
Originally from Wisconsin plus I'm 1/2 German and love Octoberfest in La Crosse. Plus I just made these 3 nights ago. I pronounce them brawt, like aw not ah. And like you, I now live in the south and they might just call them brats.

I think this is a funny convo. Sorry others who find it irritating.

It IS funny, especially between 2 Wisconsinites! I didn't realize the West side had a bit of a different accent than the east. I don't know anyone from the Lacrosse area although my family is from Rochester. By the way I'm 1/2 German too! Along with Irish and Norwegian (my MN side). (That's another thing Southerners don't seem to talk about - I've never heard one Southerner tell me where their ancestors are from and ask about mine! Lol)

From the Finding Mollie Tibbetts official FB group:

"So many asking for updates for Mollie. Unfortunately we have nothing new to share. She is still out there somewhere if ANYONE knows ANYTHING even the smallest detail of where she could be PLEASE call! Please keep sharing her picture everywhere and please keep praying for her return home! Thank you all so much!"

Google maps shows it is 49.7 miles or approximately 50 minutes from Brooklyn Iowa to The University of Iowa.

I thought I remembered Mollies mother saying Mollie and her boyfriend spent a lot of time together. Wouldn’t it make sense for Mollie to get an place and her boyfriend live there too? Working construction out of town - so wouldn’t matter where he lived?

Maybe someone knew the BF and his brother were out of town on business, that person broke into the house before Mollie ever arrived at 530 when her brother dropped her off. That person had been hiding and hanging out in the house for sometime, waiting for the perfect opportunity to take her from the home without a struggle and in the night. If she had gone to her mothers for dinner- how was she to get there and back to where she was staying. Was it ever mentioned on social media that her bf and his brother were out of town along with the finance.

I wonder when the brother and his fiancee left. I'm thinking it had to be before Dalton. Does anyone remember the name of the city they were in before I start searching? It started with an A

For those who have watched investigations like this, how do they normally go at this point? Mollie’s mom had been quoted as saying one of the agents told her she’s never worked a case with so few leads. If indeed that is true, what should we except over the next few days/weeks? This investigation is taking huge resources. Can we interpret the longer they stay as an indication that they have more leads than we know and have evidence it is foul play? If they truly don’t have evidence of foul play will they start to pull out even if they suspect she didn’t run off or commit suicide? I would assume until it’s determined what happened that someone will be assigned to the case, but at what point do they say that without solid evidence of a crime they won’t have a full -on huge team of LE on site?

Maybe someone knew the BF and his brother were out of town on business, that person broke into the house before Mollie ever arrived at 530 when her brother dropped her off. That person had been hiding and hanging out in the house for sometime, waiting for the perfect opportunity to take her from the home without a struggle and in the night. If she had gone to her mothers for dinner- how was she to get there and back to where she was staying. Was it ever mentioned on social media that her bf and his brother were out of town along with the finance.

I'm thinking along the same line as you but I don't think the motive was abduction. I am thinking robbery. Perhaps this person or persons knew the occupants would be gone out of town but did not know Mollie would be there to sit for the dogs. Leads me back to the fiancee, owner of the house for some reason. Thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
It seems as if she went missing in the morning while getting ready for work. They can't find the red shirt she was suppose to wear to work that day.
---
Mollie is employed by a local daycare and was expected to participate in a field day to a local fair on Thursday. All had agreed to wear a red shirt on this outing. Upon a search of the home, her last known location, the red shirt was missing.

Mollie Tibbetts – Missing in Brooklyn Iowa – 7/18/18

I wonder when the brother and his fiancee left. I'm thinking it had to be before Dalton. Does anyone remember the name of the city they were in before I start searching? It started with an A
Ames?

Has anyone made a comprehensive map already of all the relevant locations? If not I can give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo