DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought:
IF Mollie was abducted and
IF the person who took her was tech savvy,
Could that person have removed her Fitbit and put it on himself to give the impression that Mollie is still alive?
I recently saw a program where a husband was arrested based on the fact that his wife’s Fitbit showed that she was dead before the husband said he had last seen her. If the perp knew this he could give himself an alibi by trying to prove Mollie was alive when he was last in proximity to her.

Agree... people Mollies age are extremely savvy. Not dumb enough to drive to the scene with their phone on their person. Not dumb enough to allow her phone and fitbit to stay with her for long. And quite possibly would try to create digital alibis for themselves.

That's definitely not so. We have no knowledge whatsoever of how the investigation is proceeding or what they know and they're not going to disclose any of it to the public. Their aim is to get a good outcome if they can and they're never going to jeopardise that in order to satisfy public curiosity.
Agreed. Living through a murder investigation myself in the past I know for a fact the LE withholds most details. This also includes withholding from family members. THe last thing they want is for the case to be jeapordized by someone and evidence thrown out.

I totally agree. It’s just what I’m wondering or tossing around.

I could see saying that now that she's liking feeling like a grown up in college, getting her first apartment, going on a fun trip with your boyfriend

Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque

SBM

He said the post indicates that a man began running alongside the woman, asked her questions and offered her flowers. The man then tried “taking her away,” according to the post, at which point the woman punched and kicked the assailant and freed herself.

Thought:
IF Mollie was abducted and
IF the person who took her was tech savvy,
Could that person have removed her Fitbit and put it on himself to give the impression that Mollie is still alive?
I recently saw a program where a husband was arrested based on the fact that his wife’s Fitbit showed that she was dead before the husband said he had last seen her. If the perp knew this he could give himself an alibi by trying to prove Mollie was alive when he was last in proximity to her.

Definitely possible. There's a reason they keep talking about the fitbit but have not mentioned her phone or any pings. She has an iPhone too. I keep thinking they're trying to bait the perp with the fitbit information.

The same questions arose in Libby & Abby's case in Delphi, IN (small town). In that case the bodies were discovered quickly and LE had video and audio evidence of the alleged killer. Yet the case remains unsolved over a year later.

I'm hoping that is not going to be the same outcome in this case.

It's really hard to believe isn't it. The video was scrutinised to the enth degree, enhanced and enhanced and enhanced and still no-one recognised him. He really did get away with murder.

That's just not true. Several cases have been referenced by previous posters in which a suspect was known almost immediately and often even publicly identified as NOT a suspect only for a later arrest. What may be obvious to LE or us is not necessarily "obvious" in court. Evidence takes time, especially if the general public is not thought to be at risk.

SO VERY TRUE and some cases linger on longer until the LE gets that critical piece of information they can use to get the green light from Prosecutors to make an arrest! We have to help LE - anyway we can - let them search, go help them search (if they ask for help), spread the word, and most of all, if you think you have anything - no matter how small or unsure you may be - TELL THEM! They will vet whatever they get. Our laws are so screwy at times LE's hands are tied until the scales are weighted in their direction.

The two things I always think about is #1 GOD is watching and #2 what if this was your daughter, wife, mother, grandma or granddaughter, what you hope folks would do?

Agree... people Mollies age are extremely savvy. Not dumb enough to drive to the scene with their phone on their person. Not dumb enough to allow her phone and fitbit to stay with her for long. And quite possibly would try to create digital alibis for themselves.
Oh no.

That's only an hour drive.

SBM

He said the post indicates that a man began running alongside the woman, asked her questions and offered her flowers. The man then tried “taking her away,” according to the post, at which point the woman punched and kicked the assailant and freed herself.

It will not allow me to view. Was this an incident that happened today?

Even if there were extra charges for taking fewer than 12 credits, that's not quite what she said. She may have planned to take either 12 or 13 credits each semester for her last couple years. I'm not sure about it costing more to go part time (less than 12 credits) because I always took 16 - 24 credits per quarter (yes, it was that long ago), but I was under the impression that it just meant you were eligible for less money from grants, loans and work study. MOO
I'm very far behind on this fast moving thread so I don't know if this has already been answered yet, or if this is true of colleges everywhere... but from my experience, 6 hours is usually considered full-time during the summer term. Even if a student only takes two classes, it's a pretty heavy load in the summer because the classes are typically longer and/or meet more frequently than they would in the fall or spring, due to the shorter term period.

ETA : corrected the hour to six (not 12)

I'm not sure why anyone would assume the FBI, who started targeted searches after it emwas disclosed they obtained Mollie's Fitbit and social media info, etc., is NOT using tech clues they've obtained, to try to solve this case.

I'm so confused by this. We've seen over and over again LE keeping silent while behind the scenes they have been working insanely hard and smart.

There's been a huge amount of LE activity in this case in a short amount of time. I'm surprised people are already criticizing LE and acting like they're not doing their jobs just because they're not releasing sensitive information to the general public in an effort to not compromise their case.

I agree. Law enforcement are awesome, highly trained and have this down to a science. They are doing a great job behind the scenes and I agree that info is confidential. I only thought it was odd that an announcement was made literally a few days after she went missing that the volunteer search was called off. I saw the article that they have lots of LE on hand, I get it. They don't want locals messing with potential evidence, I get it. I just thought the way it was announced in the news, "Volunteer search called off" was odd. Maybe I read more into that statement.

My boss and I talked about that this morning, she suggested if Mollie was at the pig farm, what if they put the fitbit on the pig or something to show a heart beat. :(

No, I thought I had read in prior thread that house is owned by two people, one of whom is the fiance if I recall. Need to double check it. Prior thread had link to town property records for verification purposes.
You're correct. That's why I said "SMH" (Shaking my head!) I'm so tired of the inaccurate reporting!

Regarding the red t-shirt.

If Mollie came home from her run, took a quick shower and put on some clean clothes, she may have put the red t-shirt on right then and there just to try and it out and make sure it fit. Maybe it was the only clean shirt she had at that moment so she put it on. I've done that. Thrown on whatever was clean even if I wasn't really going to wear it until the next day.

The timeline says that she came home from her run and was doing homework on her computer in the evening. I think she changed out of her running clothes. had a shower and threw on the jean shorts and the red t-shirt.

That then might suggest that Mollie disappeared from the home between doing homework and before going to bed.

Just a guess. MOO

To me it seems they have it together. They're working hard and smart. But investigators aren't magicians. They can't create evidence where it doesn't exist.

Regardless, I feel a lot of activity in this case. It doesn't seem close to going cold. And there's so much they could be doing that we don't know about. Like forensic testing.

We don't know what they've found in the house or at the farms. They could have stuff we don't know about.
I agree completely with this, I am searching for a news article that I read yesterday where a detective was speaking about a search at a hog farm. He said that for certain Mollie wasn't found, but that he would not comment about anything else found or not found at the site. I will continue to search for report and post when I relocate.

I think people are over analyzing her social media, pictures, etc. From what I gathered, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

Pictures with her in her underwear, showing cleavage, etc. is in the norm with the youth today. I would say her pictures are rather modest compared to most I've seen. As long as she's not revealing her private areas, there's nothing wrong.

I am 26 and girls/guys have been doing this since I was in high school. Guys take pics with just their boxers on; sometimes they take a pic with their butt mooning the camera. Nobody bats an eye but girls in bra/underwear or bikini is just too much.

If theres one thing to know about social media, take it all with a grain of salt. I cannot tell you how many times I've come across people who are nothing like they are in social media. Everything gets blown out of proportion. A quote here a quote there doesn't define a person.

SBM

Then this, which I think was posted in an earlier thread.

Pella Police Searching for Suspicious Man in Parked Car Seen Taking Pictures of Young Joggers

Is there a jogger serial-kidnapper in Iowa? Or is the media trying to make it look like there is? It's definitely creating public anxiety. I got a text from my mom at 11 p.m. last night telling me to be careful because people are disappearing around the state. IDK. But I'll admit my mom's text is one reason I've stopped going out for my early morning walks/jogs on the trails. I'll be working out at the fitness center in broad daylight or in the afternoons when my boyfriend is with me.

I mentioned on a different forum today that I do believe it has to do with human trafficking. There was a photo posted online about a guy in a white car in that area taking photos of women jogging. My thoughts were that guy would take the photos, pass them on, another person would prey on the person silently until the perfect time arouse to kidnap. My thoughts are her abductor waited til the lights were out and made their move. Who knows if she had an open window or door... there is no sign of "forced" entry but it doesn't necessarily mean there was "no" entry at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill