Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since the thread will clearly be shut down shortly, I'll hurry.

I'm just glad they caught the guy and found Molly.
I'm glad it was not anyone close to Molly, as that will make it easier for her family.
I so wish Molly could have been one that came home alive though.
I'm glad once they got that footage they were able to connect the dots fairly quickly. Good old fashioned detective work. Good job.

wow, he followed her and chased her down as she threatened to call police. too bad she never got to call. worst nightmare. so sad

I wonder if bad cell reception was to blame? Anyone with land lines in their home for decades paid a special tax which was supposed to upgrade rural telephone service. I have never understood why that wasn't used to create/improve cell reception for public safety purposes (as well as to help advance educational opportunities).

IF she tried to call and the call couldn't go through will we ever know?

Does anyone else think this isn’t this guys first trip down stalking and murder lane? Surely one doesn’t just wake up one day and see a jogger and think “I think I’m going to accost her today”?
Do you think he worked for the pig farmer?
I mean they did ( poly) question & search there more than once.
Didn’t I read a person mowing found part of a red shirt there....

JMO

so the warrant says at 1900 block of 185th avenue, so apparently they didnt cross paths in town. But rather east of town where the other circle was on the map? am I looking at it correctly?

Yup. That's amazing isn't it? He pursued her so far out into the northeast of town. I wonder if she knew he was behind her by that point. If she had, why run further away from town?

If true his girlfriend or ex is friends with Mollie and her BF and/or relatives, it is likely he knew her. And if knew her, he was likely obsessed with her. And if he was obsessed with her, he likely stalked her. And if he stalked her, he likely knew exactly where she would be at a given time. And when he finally got the courage to approach her, she rebuffed his fantasy and it pissed him off. Narcissistic injury virtually always manifests into narcissistic rage.

JMO.

I’m late to this discussion but have been following Mollie’s disappearance on the news. I must’ve been mistaken, but I thought it was reported she had contact with someone after her run??......I must’ve been confused.....was this reported because her boyfriend opened her Snapchat message at a later time?

Are people just saying "f you" to the mods and other members by continually posting politically-charged and racist comments despite all the warnings? If this thread gets shut down, those people can thank themselves for it.

Fast moving thread probably won't get shut down, but I am starting to issue significant timeouts to those members who choose to disregard the Warnings that have been posted by both Tricia and I and bumped by other WSers.

For immediate release:
August 21, 2018
Des Moines, Iowa

Iowa Department of Public Safety
215 East 7th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
www.dps.state.ia.us

Charges Filed in Tibbetts Disappearance
08-21-2018_DCI_CristhianBahenaRiveraMugshot.jpg

CRISTHIAN BAHENA RIVERA

POWESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa --
A first-degree murder charge was filed today in connection with the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, who was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa, on July 18, 2018. A complaint and affidavit names Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, who resides in rural Poweshiek County, in the charge of Murder in the First Degree.

Dozens of law enforcement officials from local, state and federal agencies were involved in the investigation after the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, 20. A body was discovered in the early morning hours of August 21, in a farm field southeast of Brooklyn, Iowa. The identity has not been confirmed, but it is believed to be Mollie Tibbetts.

The Complaint and Affidavit, which is linked below, provides the details of the allegations against Mr. Rivera.

Charges were filed in the Poweshiek County, Iowa, District Court. The case will be prosecuted by the Iowa Attorney General’s Area Prosecution Division. First-degree murder carries a penalty of life without parole.

“Our hearts go out to the Tibbetts family and to the Brooklyn community. It is a loss for all of us,” said Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel. “We appreciate the support for law enforcement community in their commitment to this investigation, and we thank the Brooklyn community for their support for the investigation.”

The Division of Criminal Investigation received more than 4,000 tips during the investigation. “We regularly had 30-40 investigators devoted to this investigation since Molly disappeared,” said DCI Special Agent in Charge Richard Rahn. “Without that kind of support from our fellow law enforcement officers, we could not have made the progress we did. The Poweshiek County Sheriff and the Federal Bureau of Investigation were valued partners in leading the investigation, and many other agencies contributed resources throughout the past five weeks. We thank the Tibbetts family for their support to us, and we hope that they will continue to have the support of their community and the nation in the coming weeks and months.”
Charges Filed in Tibbetts Disappearance

Again: Don't WARN. Dial 911, ladies. Let LE sort out the problem.

Women need to stop feeling that they are being a bother or they might be causing trouble over nothing. Stick up for yourselves. No matter what your mother told you about about not being a bother, FIGHT. And don't feel you have to put up with this ****. You don't.

Police arrive in time to stop somewhere between 2% and 3% of violent crimes. So sure, call 911, but also have a plan and attitude to protect yourself. This victim was fit, presumable did not have heels on, but running shoes, and still was unable to flee or fight successfully. A fit military age male can close seven meters (21') feet in 1.2 seconds. Self defense training tells you to be extremely cautious about anyone within 20' of you if they have any physical advantage (say strength) -- and keep maintaining that distance if alone with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75