Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mollie's case became High Profile because of the wonderful way the media handled it and the way it she reached the hearts of people around the globe - not because of VP Pence. Not that I am knocking him showing some compassion and interest in the case. He has daughters. He is in a leadership role in our country. Not a problem. The more visibility a missing person case garners the better imo.

I think you quoted my wrong reply, but I know which you are talking about. in no way do I think Mollie deserved less media attn., if I was unclear. I wont go into it tho. not the place.

The odds of an insanity defense working are close to 0%.

Even if someone is psychotic it is almost 0%. For instance a person could be delusion and think her husband is the mafia. That does not meet legal insanity defense, because she is still aware her husband (even if he is mafia) is a human being.
Exactly. It is almost impossible to prove, except in very rare cases.

I thought the same thing but the fact that he took them to the body is pretty damning. It's hard to claim he was railroaded when he was the only one who knew where the body was.

Welllll....he could claim that they already knew where the body was, and because of his lack of proper English (and no translator provided), they took him there and just said he was the one with the location information.

I do hope they have the entire interview/interrogation on video with very good audio. It seems he's going to try his best to get out of this any way he can.

I just wish he'd plead guilty and go off to prison forever and not make everyone be reminded of him for the next few years.

If CR had not confessed and shown LE where Mollie was located, then maybe I could see your point. But from my chair, CR opened the barn door and his attorney can't close it now. No matter how he tries to wiggle and spin.

We can't discuss the particulars of this case and I see a tight rope for us coming because the Defense in the first five minutes began to use politics as part of his defense - he didn't just try to get a gag order and the media barred by claiming bias, he also said something about "political payback"

What was he talking about? Got to be something specific to IA right? This is an IA murder case after all. I fear he is trying to reach out and make broad stroke allegations to advance his effort to make time go in reverse and allow him to paint an entirely different scenario/set of circumstances...

He literally tried to omit pertinent information delivered to him by this Magistrate Judge in order to advance his desired goal!
There’s really only two ways the attorney can help his client here. The first is to ultimately get a change in venue.

The second is to likely use some sort of insanity defense, as his guilt isn’t in question here (confession, physical evidence, video).

There is no place that will have a jury that is unaware of this case, but the hope will be that physical distance equates to emotional distance. That’s if this even goes to trial.

Good luck using the “blackout defense,” it will never work.

I think the business owners did REALLY well in their interviews. Spoke very clearly and answered questions respectfully and openly-as much as they could. He said they've been getting death threats, people saying they're going to burn their farms down, kill his dog. He seems to be very shaken up by this whole situation. I feel sorry for them. I work closely with our HR team in a construction company and know how difficult it can be screening people, sounds like they did their best with what they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty