IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible CR wasn't driving the Malibu and isn't the person responsible for murdering MT? Could the person responsible be the owner of the car and set CR up/threatened CR and or his family. If I remember correctly, CR used a map on his phone to lead LE to the location of MT's body. CR was living in that area for at least 4 years. It's not a large area and he would likely know the area and surrounding area fairly well. The crime was significant and it's a little odd that he would need a map to show LE where MT was and LE stated CR doesn't have a criminal record. I also find it peculiar CR's baby mama was sitting in the courtroom with their young daughter. Regardless, I want the right person held accountable. I don't want the killer out walking free with the ability to do the same unspeakable acts. It's highly likely CR is responsible but he along with everyone else in this GREAT COUNTRY deserves to be treated fair. We all know our justice system has failed many, many times and I want justice for Mollie.
My guess is the lawyer will ask exactly that - prove the driver was CR. That will be the doubt the lawyer will try to exploit, imo.

I also hope the confession was videotapped and a translator was present.

jmo

Oh please! How about just symptoms of psychopathy? My husband is 5’6” tall, 65 years old and never hurt a person in his life!! Still opens doors for others, would give someone his last penny, cries over babies and animals and is hurt that anyone could take someone’s life. The only time you would see him be aggressive is if he could be alone with this killer for a few minutes. For a man who could never hurt anyone, I am sure he could take care of this perp who has likely killed before.

There is no such thing as short man syndrome. That is just a made up term to slam another human being you see as inferior. Shame on you!

I am sorry but there definitely is such a thing. I was in a male dominated profession my whole life and saw it often. I personally call it the Rooster syndrome because they usually act like one with their chest out. Now I am not saying all but many. So glad your husband is not one.

We'll have to disagree on the sentiments of what happened. IMO, encouraging a man to take care of himself is not that same as sending the man away for LE's own benefit. I don't get even what people are hinting at anyway...let's send the dad away and viola we produce a fake perp?

People really think LE was being tricky and corrupt with this case?? And if they were, why would it matter if the dad was there or not? Not really looking for anyone to answer that question, by the way. It's absurdity upon absurdity.

IMO, the father reluctantly returned to CA because what other feeling would he have but reluctance? Everyone felt reluctance at that point. LE felt reluctant that the father was leaving without finding his daughter. That's a kind and thoughtful emotion, not a conspiracy to get rid of him.

jmopinion, which doesn't have to match anyone else's opinion

I’m not hinting at anything, never did I say LE was corrupt, my husband is a chief of police in our town so I have great respect for LE and all they do.

I questioned two things and neither have anything to do with corruption

He may have had issues with feeling sorry for HIMSELF but He didn’t have issues with murder though did he?
Good point and this is what is so common with psychopathic personality, narcissism, or whatever we are thinking he might be. Although they don't feel empathy and don't recognize others emotions, they are preoccupied with what " feels" right or good when it comes to themselves. They justify their own actions by these feelings of superiority. "Mollie threatened to call police," is an example.

My hunch is that the car is legally registered to the farm.. I don't think it's a TOS violation to speculate about who owns the vehicle.
If this were the case, wouldn't the owners of YF have been aware of him being a POI before the PC? They are saying that they found out about CR being involved in MT's death when everyone else did. If LE found CR through finding the car and it was owned by YF, I would think they would have to have been questioned by LE prior to the PC. MOO.

She DID take action, though, and was aware of her surroundings. She told him to leave her alone, threatened to call the police, and ran.

bottom line she was a victim and I place no blame there. that said we do not know what she did or did not do as far as actions taken. all we know is what the arrest warrant says he said. why assume he told the truth about any of it? obviously he did tell some truth because he took them to where she was, but what she did and didn't do is just his story line.

Great use of the word "seine." (One of my kids has spent the summer seining as a conservation project and it's become a much-used word in our household lately.)

:)

And, yes, to seine through all those minutes of tapes would take TIME. But once they had their guy, they had their guy. It was a LE force that played it quiet and cool in the midst of national and international attention. Hats off to them.

jmo
So I learned a knew word it seems. As a former teacher of French, the only Seine I know is the river à Paris. And yes, well done LE. They had it going on for quite a long time during this investigation despite the criticism.

Is it possible CR wasn't driving the Malibu and isn't the person responsible for murdering MT? Could the person responsible be the owner of the car and set CR up/threatened CR and or his family. If I remember correctly, CR used a map on his phone to lead LE to the location of MT's body. CR was living in that area for at least 4 years. It's not a large area and he would likely know the area and surrounding area fairly well. The crime was significant and it's a little odd that he would need a map to show LE where MT was and LE stated CR doesn't have a criminal record. I also find it peculiar CR's baby mama was sitting in the courtroom with their young daughter. Regardless, I want the right person held accountable. I don't want the killer out walking free with the ability to do the same unspeakable acts. It's highly likely CR is responsible but he along with everyone else in this GREAT COUNTRY deserves to be treated fair. We all know our justice system has failed many, many times and I want justice for Mollie.

He's the one that said he abducted her and then led police to her body. He has an attorney. Yet neither one of them are claiming someone else did it. So he just decided to confess? I've also seen a report that he led LE "from memory". Whatever the case, according to his own words, he drove to an entrance to a field and then turned into a cornfield entrance, so indeed he knew where he was going when he did that. And then left the body that LE indeed found as per his directions when he was caught.

He's lawfully detained under the statutes based on evidence and his own story. He has counsel and he has not one but two interpreters. And he is receiving due process under the law. The only thing that's really peculiar here is why he can't put his finger on how she ended up in his trunk after he says he chased her down and got angry.

I am sorry but there definitely is such a thing. I was in a male dominated profession my whole life and saw it often. I personally call it the Rooster syndrome because they usually act like one with their chest out. Now I am not saying all but many. So glad your husband is not one.

I've seen what you call "Rooster Syndrome"and I've also seen larger men act the same way. LOL

I'm curious about how his employer knew him by one name (still yet to be provided publicly) and he went by his real name CR within the community and on SM. Being such a small community, how did this go unnoticed? I mean, he's getting checks, presumably in his fake name, no?
He did not socialize with his employers. They did not run in the same circles. If they had happened to be in the same place at the same time and his gf or someone else called him by a different first name, it is likely his employer either:
a) would not have picked up on it at all. We all see/hear what we expect to see/hear;
b) would have thought it was a nickname or term of endearment;
c) thought they misheard, maybe even the entire statement.

CR simply used his fake id to get his checks cashed or to set up a checking account.

It is not likely that his banker would run into him in a setting where his name would even come up.

Same with his employer. Even if you attend the same downtown festival, you nod or wave across a crowd, but there's not necessarily any reason for a name to be called out.

IF his employer ever looked for him on SM, he would be looking for the fake name and prob. just think he wasn't on it. Only way the name might have come up would be if one of Mollie's friends, which the employers probably were, or someone else in their "circle" clicked on her list of friends and were scoping her out . . .

But the odds of the different names coming up in an awkward fashion were minuscule -- IMO

If this were the case, wouldn't the owners of YF have been aware of him being a POI before the PC? They are saying that they found out about CR being involved in MT's death when everyone else did. If LE found CR through finding the car and it was owned by YF, I would think they would have to have been questioned by LE prior to the PC. MOO.

I think they were questioned before the PC.. the day LE took him in for questioning I believe.

She DID take action, though, and was aware of her surroundings. She told him to leave her alone, threatened to call the police, and ran.
This is part of why I believe at least that part of CR's story. Her taking a stand and threatening to take action fits how her brother described her as a fighter. I guess CR could have thought that and made up the story to fit her, but I doubt it.

And I do think he fancied himself a "player" from the looks of who he is following on facebook. All women. I really think what set him off?? Not that Mollie was going to call the police. It was the word NO!! JMO

This. I have thought from the beginning that he flew into a narcissistic rage when Mollie said NO and wounded his fragile ego. From his SM he seems to put much value on his appearance and it looks like narcissism to me. This is totally my amateur, interested opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26