IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if it was a FitBit that recorded heart rate, this is what it would do. Also, as you bleed out, HR rate increases to make up declining circulating blood volume, then you crash. And, with a closed head injury, blood pressure changes as intracranial pressure increases, and these changes may also be reflected in the HR.

That the FitBit data reflected time of death has been the speculation of much up thread discussion, and suggested as a reason for the very specific upper time limit of 20:28 on the arrest warrant application for a charge of Homocide; this implying that MT was dead by this time.
Al, Good comment!

Not yet. That is going to take a very complex collection and test if it’s there at all after the time in the elements. It used to take several weeks.

I hope the family remembers her as the beautiful phenomenal young woman she was. Rivera left her in a manner to insure she wasn’t when found.

I think he one one thing on his mind and was going to take it no mater what the cost

He basically admitted he wanted to “meet/approach”

I pray she wasn’t but it’s more than likely she was

Police Say Rivera ‘Seemed to Be Drawn’ to Tibbetts on the Day He ‘Chose to Abduct’ & Then Kill Her

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Question: Do you - or any other Fitbit owner on here - occasionally receive invalid data due to the Fitbit being improperly worn?
Yes! I was on the phone with Fitbit this afternoon. My text and phone call notifications were not working on my Fitbit device. We got them working. The operator was viewing my last weeks transmissions. He told me more about what I did than I knew. He also told me that my Fitbit must be kept close to my phone no more than 30’ for them to get the info.

I think the killer is full of himself. He’s ego driven. He didn’t flee partially because he was confident he wouldn’t be caught and also because he has his own daughter. He was fine murdering another daughter, but didn’t want to leave his own.

I’m curious what his aunt and uncle do. Not that we can sleuth them.

I think the killer is full of himself. He’s ego driven. He didn’t flee partially because he was confident he wouldn’t be caught and also because he has his own daughter. He was fine murdering another daughter, but didn’t want to leave his own.
jmo...This puts him one notch lower than the lowest notch possible.

I do think it’s important to highlight the many different identities a person who is in the United States illegally can use. The man who stalked, harassed, and cyber stalked me for over 10 years used a fake name and no doubt had a fake ID card. He is from another country, but he easily hid behind his new identity.

When they harass people or worse, commit murder, it makes it even harder to figure out who they truly are and how many identities they have used over a given amount of time. In this huge immigrant debate, people lose sight of fake identities that are assumed and how dangerous it can actually be. To this day, I don’t even know this man’s identity that harassed me for over a decade.
So true. I'd rather have people here outstaying their visas/passports using their real ID than stealing IDs from others or making them up.

I wear a Fitbit.....a Heart Charge 2....and I have not had any problems since I changed the band to a comfortable fit. When it was loose, it could move away from my skin and not pick up pulse rate at times.
I love this one. I needed one to monitor my pulse rate and let me know how many hours I sleep each night. Now you would not see me jogging, so I will pass on those questions......

“I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

“He seemed calm,” Bahena said. “I didn’t sense anything was wrong.”

Around his 16th birthday, Rivera left Guayabillo to find work in the United States, his father said.

“There are no jobs here, so he left,” Bahena said, adding that his son crossed the border illegally and was undocumented in the United States.

He settled in Iowa because his uncle was already living there, Bahena said. He found work on a series of milk farms and often sent money back to his parents in Mexico.

More from his family and a friend of Mollie’s who was “friends” with CR on FB

She and Mollie were part of a chat group.

Suspect’s relatives say they’re baffled by arrest in Mollie Tibbetts case
1. It isn't "what THEY say he did. It was what HE said he did. It will come out sooner or later in a video---like Jodi Arias.

2. NO not all killers run and hide. Or run to their home country.
"Many serial killers are able to successfully hide out in plain sight for extended periods of time. Those who successfully blend in are typically also employed, have families and homes and outwardly appear to be non-threatening, normal members of society. "

5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt]

CR is likely not unintelligent, but he is unsophisticated and uneducated. To answer you I'm going to go back to a posit I made before about a cultural milieu basis for invalidating CR's Miranda. CR might have been incapable of believing that he has a right to not incriminate himself. In his home country, when the police bring you in for a crime this serious, you cooperate with them and tell them what they want to know or the consequences could be dire. He showed LE the body because he truly believed that he had to, or else. While he has been in the US for 8 years, he lived, working long hours, in a sub-cultural ghetto. Even with exposure to the outside world, MSM is constantly headlining stories of LE shooting and killing minorities (further enforcing his beliefs about LE's brutality and Lethality), as was common practice in his country in the first third of the last century in Mexico. In this country, these occurances are the exception, in his country it is rule. While CR did not fear MT, he is deathly afraid of the Federalies who actually did pick him up. The FBI have an imposing presence all their own, and I am certain that DCI is not far behind them.

What we saw in his court appearance was cultural shock. He is in way over his head, and has the fear felt by any caged animal that can't get out and is no longer in control of its destiny or environment.
Thanks for describing the "culture shock" because I only recently became aware by confirming statement of the local Iowa DCI Mitchell Mortvedt that ICE participated in both the investigation and arrest of CR. I suspect CR would fear ICE as much as federalies. Perhaps an ICE agent played the heavy in the interview without need for interpreter. MOO... I just want swift justice for Mollie.

I’m curious what his aunt and uncle do. Not that we can sleuth them.

However the ego-driven type that you describe would’ve also denied any involvement whatsoever and would claim to have no idea who Mollie Tibetts is or why she’s missing, all the while proclaiming total innocence regardless of evidence.

Aside from the opportunity to flee, CR also had ample time to relocate her body to a location that would’ve been much more difficult to ever be found. He didn’t do that either. It’s almost as if he was just waiting to get caught.

No, at preliminary arraingment the Judge told CR that he might have to register as a sexual offender.

This means to me that the State has a preliminary finding or suspicion of rape, SA, or abuse of a corpse. Under the felony murder rule, a proveable finding of rape supports and allows for a Murder One charge. As the investigation continues, and more evidence develops, further charges may be filed if the weight of evidence supports the charge. CR may never be charged with rape if there is insufficent forensic evidence available because of advanced decomposition of the body, and the effects of weather.

Kidnapping alone should be enough to support the Murder One charge, and CR has already admitted to this.

I can’t find/remember the post I read awhile back, that stated that her clothes were found “with” her body? ( as opposed to “on her body”).....
Maybe this satisfies their suspicion

However the ego-driven type that you describe would’ve also denied any involvement whatsoever and would claim to have no idea who Mollie Tibetts is or why she’s missing, all the while proclaiming total innocence regardless of evidence.

Aside from the opportunity to flee, CR also had ample time to relocate her body to a location that would’ve been much more difficult to ever be found. He didn’t do that either. It’s almost as if he was just waiting to get caught.

Very true. I also think if it was all male LE, it could have been a part to him leading them exactly to her body. That part is moo. I don't think he's the smartest tool in the shed, but I think the way he is around women and treats them is vastly different compared to men.

I want justice served, but anything his defense comes up with would not surprise me at all.

My thoughts, as well. However, I did hear or read that LE said, "distinctive chrome" or something like that. Sorry, though, no link, so I guess MOO.
The unusual markings may also be some hood damage many have noted in the photos of vehicle being towed. I guess it doesn't matter considering CR found and arrested.

Just a few random thoughts about this whole tragic case...

I know that LE has stated there is no known connection between Mollie and her alleged killer. I feel like in a town the size of Brooklyn, them being that close in age, and his connection to IM, who Mollie clearly knew, surely they had at least seen each other before, and perhaps knew each other by face, if not by name. I am willing to bet that Mollie knew of him as IM's baby-daddy, if nothing else. He has been living there for at least 4 years, and apparently has been with IM, at least off and on, for probably that long.

Several people have stated that the Chevy being towed away appears to have been cleaned and possibly even detailed in the 5 weeks since Mollie's disappearance. Indeed, it does look like it has been, but I am sure that if Mollie was in the trunk, as CR claims, and I think we all feel certain that she was, no cleaning will have erased every trace of her. LE will take the trunk liner out completely if they have to, looking for evidence of her being in there, and they will get that evidence, imo.

WC has kinda become the Richard Jewell of this case. He was shown on national tv, on Inside Edition, for one, and reporters hounded him for
interviews, only because Mollie's phone (or Fit Bit) allegedly pinged near his farm, and LE took an early interest in him. Even here, many were far too ready to paint him as her killer, though all we knew about him was he really doesn't have a history of treating some females well. I am not defending him in any way, but with all of his failings, I hope his 15 minutes of unwanted fame or more accurately, infamy, can be put behind him and hopefully he will turn his life around.

Everyone should be entitled to feel safe in their homes and neighborhoods, and most of us do. But as much as we don't want to admit it, none of us are ever completely safe, especially when we are outside our homes, and alone. Young people tend to feel immortal, (it was more than a few years ago, but I still remember that I did), and sometimes they let their guards down, because they don't think anything bad can or will happen. And I am not saying live in fear. We can't, and most of us wouldn't anyway. But we need to never assume that everyone else out there is a good person, just because we are. There are bad people, and sometimes they look just like you and me. Stay alert, stay aware, and stay alive. JMO
Yes about the car cleaning. Remember Ted Bundy? He mocked LE by cleaning the car in front of them. (Well they were a half block away on surveillance on him, and he knew it.)

Remember Caylee Anthony in the trunk. No cleaning can erase death dna. However, if MT's wasn't deceased there would be no decomposition to trace. Luminal would locate blood. Unless he premeditated a trunk plastic liner.
You have a very interesting post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member