IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's found he's used different names - or different spellings of his name- to stalk or harass other women, then it does change the case. There may be other women out there who don't know him by this name. I was stalked and harassed by a man for over 10 years who was in this country illegally. He used a fake name and hid his true identity. You can have your narrative and I'll have mine.
I've had more than one stalker, and have known the real name of each of them. They were all also born and raised in the US. I don't really believe either thing has a lot to do with it. IMO stalkers tend to have emotional problems (insecurity, lack of self-esteem, etc.), although many seem to use the stalking as a means to an end rather more than anything else. MOO

How does that change any of the facts of this case?
Mollie was running in Brroklyn, IA and then she was murdered. Those are the only things that matter. I hope her killer is brought to justice just like everyone else

Because we have no idea who he truly is. Why does that bother you so much that we bring his identity up? It has a lot to do with the case. Who knows how many other names he's possibly used to harass women before Mollie.

Hopefully someone with more law experience can clarify this but how are you innocent until proven guilty when you’ve confessed to a crime? He confessed to killing her, that makes him a killer.

Legally he is not guilty of anything until the trial is done or he pleads guilty.

And he didn't confess to killing her. In his confession he said he "blocked out" and then went to get her from his trunk.

I'm not saying I believe him. But he did not confess to killing her.

Yes, the public knows CR lies about his ID. This is one of the facts.
"The man accused of pursuing and killing 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts had worked four years at an Iowa dairy farm based on false identification, his employer said Wednesday.
"What we learned in the last 24 hours is that our employee was not who he said he was," said Dane Lang, the co-owner and manager of Yarrabee Farms.
We have no proof who he is. We have no proof he is 24. We have no proof of who he really is....
Cristhian Rivera: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' killing gave false ID to employer - CNN

BBM

Remember when the guy said he saw her running past his house at 8:30?

You have never in your life told a lie about yourself or maybe embellished something about your past? We've all done it. It's a given. My point is that it doesn't matter. Unless you think those lies (if they were, in fact, lies) were specifically so he could murder Mollie it's not relevant.
I respectfully....Disagree

I often refer to someone arrested for a murder as a killer. They are nameless. To me. Yes until proven guilty. I get that. It's just how I choose to roll here.

ITA! This isn't something new pertaining to CR only. I have been here 14 years and if someone is arrested for murder more refer to them as the murderer or killer.

The presumption of innocence only applies to those who will be chosen to be on his jury if he goes to trial. The public does not, and never has been under the same rule which only pertains to those who sit in judgement on criminal trials. IUPG is a judicial standard for any jury who sits on actual cases, but it holds no weight or validity when it comes to the public at large.

Anyone in America is allowed to have opinions on any matter including being of the opinion someone is guilty before a trial is held. Their opinion can be whatever they believe at the time about any suspect whether it is before trial, during, and even after the verdict has been rendered.

Anyone who wants to give him the presumption of innocence on crime blogs such as this one certainly are entitled to do so. However; others may think, and express their opinions of guilt for which they are also entitled to do.

Since I live in Georgia, I certainly will not be a juror on his case, but if I was... I would be very honest during voir dire stating I believe him to be guilty, and the attorneys would dismiss me as they should. It happens all the time where many in jury pools believe they cannot be fair due to already having an opinion of guilt. When that happens they are weeded out, and they go on to the next potential juror.

It is very hard to presume he is innocent when he led LE to Mollie's body, and was seen on camera stalking her at the time she went missing. I think he is very guilty based on the info we know now.

We will see if the presumption of innocence holds up for very long once his jury starts hearing the facts/evidence connecting him to Mollie's murder.

Imo, IUPG will quickly begin to collapse once the evidence begins to be known and shown to the jurors who will sit in judgement on his particular case.

Last edited:
You have never in your life told a lie about yourself or maybe embellished something about your past? We've all done it. It's a given. My point is that it doesn't matter. Unless you think those lies (if they were, in fact, lies) were specifically so he could murder Mollie it's not relevant.
I've killed spiders, so we've all killed something too, are you suggesting murdering a human is okay as a result? There's a large berth between an embellishment and a completely different identity, just as there's a difference between killing a spider and a human.

What day was CR arrested?

I have this from Daily Mail:

"He was arrested on Friday after police honed in on his vehicle by viewing surveillance footage obtained from a private resident's home surveillance cameras."

And from the same article:

"At 3pm on Monday, law enforcement arrived at the farmhouse where Rivera worked, according to a neighbor.

FBI agents were still searching the house and a number of nearby trailers on Tuesday afternoon.

Neighbors said the building housed a 'revolving door' of hired migrant workers but that they had never caused any problems.

FBI agents attended another nearby property belonging to the farm overnight Monday to quiz Rivera's co-workers, most of whom claim only to understand Spanish.

'There was a panic when they arrived because they thought at first that it was ICE launching a raid,' a local source told DailyMail.com."

Friday was August 17th. I think that's the weekend Mr Tibbetts returned to CA. News came out that Mollie had been found the next Tuesday, August 21. Just trying to get the timeline correct.

This is the question I've always wondered. This is one of the few cases I've followed in the past 4 years where the family keeps speaking about the victim being held alive and to let her go. Mollie's mom and dad are smart humans. Yes, they had hope, but they don't seem like the type who would hold onto something unfounded. There is something there with this storyline that I can't put my finger on or doesn't line up. I wonder if LE put that thought into their heads. Perhaps LE had some indication they they thought she was alive. I may never know.

Also, not based on the quoted post, but people talk about the large searches. Unless I missed something, I don't think there were many ground searches in this case at all. When Hannah Graham went missing, volunteers showed up in droves over a period of days. The ground searches were large and vast.

BBM

This was posted on thread 1 on July 20th (the Friday after she went missing):

"Ground searches have been suspended at this time but other leads are being investigated and followed up on. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Mollie Tibbetts please contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office at 641-623-5679."

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018
----

I just found it very odd that they suspended searches so quickly, the day after she was reported missing, I saw the initial reasoning (that no one was home when they were canvassing) but still, it seemed awfully soon.

Because we have no idea who he truly is. Why does that bother you so much that we bring his identity up? It has a lot to do with the case. Who knows how many other names he's possibly used to harass women before Mollie.
It would explain why he didn't simply go back to Mexico after killing Mollie. My guess is, he has a record in Mexico and if he's changing his identity, he may have a previous record here in the US as well. I've searched but can't find anywhere that states where he was between Mexico and Iowa.

Hopefully someone with more law experience can clarify this but how are you innocent until proven guilty when you’ve confessed to a crime? He confessed to killing her, that makes him a killer.

He says he has no memory of what happened after 'Mollie threatened to call the police'.

BBM

This was posted on thread 1 on July 20th (the Friday after she went missing):

"Ground searches have been suspended at this time but other leads are being investigated and followed up on. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Mollie Tibbetts please contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office at 641-623-5679."

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018
----

I just found it very odd that they suspended searches so quickly, the day after she was reported missing, I saw the initial reasoning (that no one was home when they were canvassing) but still, it seemed awfully soon.

Thank you for that. So they didn't continue grid searches again or use volunteers. I agree, it is very soon to end the group and volunteer searches.

Last edited:
Last week there was a report that right after the announcement that Mollie had died of sharp force trauma, the FBI conducted a search of CR's home. Anyone have any more info on that? Did that actually happen?

Yes it did happen, according to MSM. It apparently was like a change of shift. It appears that a Federal CSI team drove in and releived the Iowa DCI guys. This was after the autopsy report, and there was some confusion, in MSM and here on WS, if this response was because of autopsy findings and the need for an additional warrant based on this, or because the Feds were already on their way from out of town. From MSM reports I read, I'm confused as to how much control LE has over CR's trailer residence. It appears on video that the Feds pulled into the property, through a controlled access point on the driveway, pulled up to the house, served a couple of folks with papers and then went to work. There was some mention of a search of a basement in the house. Maybe LE had the trailer under guard, and it was now time to go through the adjacent house. There was also some speculation/info about blueprints or info from a county office being used in the search of the house. Hope this helps.

I've killed spiders, so we've all killed something too, are you suggesting murdering a human is okay as a result? There's a large berth between an embellishment and a completely different identity, just as there's a difference between killing a spider and a human.

Of course murdering a human is not okay. The nationality and history of the person who murders that human (or spider) is not relevant. Unless, of course that person has murdered other humans. But in this case there is no reason to think that has happened.

Thank you for that. So they didn't continue grid searches again or use volunteers. I agree, it is very soon to end the group and volunteer searches.
Didn't they search for several days? I believe they suspended the search the first night, maybe due to darkness, but didn't they resume it and search for a few days?

What day was CR arrested?

I have this from Daily Mail:

"He was arrested on Friday after police honed in on his vehicle by viewing surveillance footage obtained from a private resident's home surveillance cameras."

And from the same article:

"At 3pm on Monday, law enforcement arrived at the farmhouse where Rivera worked, according to a neighbor.

FBI agents were still searching the house and a number of nearby trailers on Tuesday afternoon.

Neighbors said the building housed a 'revolving door' of hired migrant workers but that they had never caused any problems.

FBI agents attended another nearby property belonging to the farm overnight Monday to quiz Rivera's co-workers, most of whom claim only to understand Spanish.

'There was a panic when they arrived because they thought at first that it was ICE launching a raid,' a local source told DailyMail.com."

Friday was August 17th. I think that's the weekend Mr Tibbetts returned to CA. News came out that Mollie had been found the next Tuesday, August 21. Just trying to get the timeline correct.
According to the original Arrest Affidavit, Date of Arrest was listed as 8/21/2018. From my understanding, CR brought LE to the body in the early morning hours of the 21st and was formally arrested at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413