IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is, but if all of agrabusiness were to stick to the rules, and aggressively enforce them, and possibly break a number of Federal statutes in doing so, most of us would not be able to afford chickens or eggs. Popeyes and Church's fried chicken would go out of business. And if you think pre-packed cut meat is expensive now?

Those Southern states that have aggressively pursued immigration enforcement and employee verification, have seen 25% of their labor intensive crops rot in the fields, because migrants will no longer go to those States. Farmers are going bankrupt. It is just like the current trade dust-up with China. The first victims of the fallout from that are the soybean farmers.

Sure there is a way to do almost anything, if you're willing to pay the cost. Cheep migrant agrarian labor gives us affordable food. You can happily kick all of the migrants, et al out if you want to give that up. There is a reason that American farmers are killing themselves at record rates. They can't make ends meet as it is! Also, most Americans are physically incapable of doing the work that migrants grew up doing.

They cannot compete with the low wages paid to illegals, bottom line. As for Americans being physically able to do the work, that's a crock. Sure they can, they cleared the fields, cleared the trees, pulled the plows, and fought the British. Americans are far stronger, healthier than an illegals from south of the border. Please, do NOT sell our people short.

The point is, many Americans have been brainwashed into thinking a college education is mandatory, physical labor is beneath them. But, back when the farm were family owned, NOT corporate owned, there was a living for everyone. When corporate greed took over and banks took over the family farms, we ALL started sinking and buying cheap food off the backs of illegals who send their money back to Mexico/Wherever, is NOT helping anyone. A round table would help, a small round table, with reasonable facts, not lying stats and lying politicians.

I need a link to southern crops rotting

and then let's have a link to those on welfare who don't work, if there is such a thing. Ought to be an interesting correlation.

IMO

This very aptly focuses on the human element as unexpectedly experienced by the community following the tragedy of Mollie’s death. I can understand why they have learned to beware of the media — everything about her murder is being used to serve another agenda.

Which makes my hinky meter rise even higher, regarding the three undisclosed sources who claim CR used the name John Budd. It was a family run dairy operation. Highly doubtful a family member of the farm was the snitch, nor was another undocumented worker. So not one but three people had access to the files containing farm information, who tipped off the media? Otherwise what three people would personally know and recognize CR to identify he used both names?
Now I am beginning to question if the news of his alias John Budd is even true or just something stated and the MSM ran with it
It does seem strange who and how this information was leaked

or just observant of naming patterns. it could happen. there may be a few hispanic "John Budds" being born this week, but it would have caused me to run a 2nd check. Of course, I wouldn't tell the applicant that I'm planning to triple check his application. I really wonder if the company they supposedly used was legit. I am curious why nobody seems to be asking that company any questions. Seems like lots of fraudulently acquired ss numbers over the years would have passed their system as well. Time for an audit.

RE MSM, it was a family relative of the Dairy Farm owners who was responsible for processing the SSN number verification, and other employee paperwork. Likely from an office on site. There us no "company" to investigate. This is pretty typical for a family farm business. While the Dairy farm may have held their nose and looked the other way when they hired CR (as does their competition, and a LOT of Agribusiness), they did nothing that they can be criminally charged with, or prosecuted for. There is nothing to see here, move along.

The name under which Rivera worked for the last four years was confirmed by three people with knowledge of his employment history who spoke on condition of anonymity.”
Immigrant charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death was known by alias

Just to mention, it’s quite easy to notice the outcome of this news report is that it has inflamed animosity toward both the farm and the higher agenda even further.

So did the media confirm with the farm that the three sources were reliable before they printed the story? Clearly the answer must be no.

I’m holding out for a confirmed source.

You just can't warehouse a bunch of men and not know what they are doing.

Of course you can, they do it all the time. I want to say that they might give a family more privacy such as the trailer,,,boyfriend, girlfriend and baby. That is the only thing I think that would warrant him getting to live in the trailer alone if in fact he did because we have heard a number of stories and I can not keep track.

There have been conflicting stories on that

Some say he shared living quarters

Some say he shared living quarters with 5 other workers

Some say he lived there alone

IMO, the lead guy would get to live alone, not the guys he that follow his instructions

As is typical amongst families everywhere, if he had other relatives working at the farm they may have lived together. A trailer that size more than likely had more than one bedroom. I don’t think any information about who lived where will be released if it has no connection to his crime.

Yarrabee Farms issued a statement about the presence of law enforcement Thursday, saying it was a scheduled visit.

“Yarrabee Farms continues to cooperate with local, state, and federal authorities. Federal authorities requested to visit the farm today, and met with employees and owners. The visit lasted approximately two hours.”

DCI, Federal Agents at Farm Where Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’ Murder Worked

I won't argue about ethnicity. That shouldn't matter. Don't they have to show docs that prove their right to work? Those documents prove their status more or less, provided they aren't forged or stolen. I would do a 2nd interview asking about things that came back on their background check. I would want to make sure that what they say about their history matches the report I received.

You would, but farm owners don't because they are not mandated by law to do so. You take the offered ID, accept the signed I-9 based on the picture ID given you, verify the SSN on either available ststem, hold your nose and you are done. Federal EEOC law prevents you from asking questions to look any deeper (a great out for the employer). And no on is going to spend time and money to make more work and Federal grief for themselves doing in depth background checks. Besides, CR's uncle likely vouched for him, which would be a thumbs up for the employer.

Is it because I grew up in New Orleans, or are y'all too obtuse to understand how "business" is done. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield's character in the movie 'Back To School" when he was trying to explain to the Economics prof that his diadactic business plan was wrong because it did not include budgeted monies for kickbacks to the contractors/suppliers, grease money for the inspectors, and payoffs to the Mob for garbage collection. You know, business as usual. Welcome to the jungle, the quarter's taxes are due, are you gonna pay them or a PI?

Of course you can, they do it all the time. I want to say that they might give a family more privacy such as the trailer,,,boyfriend, girlfriend and baby. That is the only thing I think that would warrant him getting to live in the trailer alone if in fact he did because we have heard a number of stories and I can not keep track.
Did we ever find any confirmation that the two were living in the trailer? I know I saw it in one article but others stated Rivera and his girlfriend hadn't spoken in three years. Or two. Can't remember. Was she living in the white house? Either way, I still can't believe no-one noticed anything strange about him, especially the night of and day after the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member