IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarrabee Farms' commercial insurance provider sure wouldn't pay any claims if that uninsured driver plowed into another car. That business has opened itself to huge liability in Mollie's death, imo.

I don't know what world you live in. Yes, the claim would be paid, the policy canceled (if it could be shown conclusively that the Farm had actual knowledge of the car being used by CR), and good luck buying insurance at anything but a multiple of normal rates. I have already been through this same situation with State Farm.

I think you're right. Bottom line (my speculation), if he didn't have access to the farm's car would Molly been killed? I think this will be a huge insurance claim against the farm. Even it the court rules against liability to the farm, this will be a costly case IMO.

Does anyone really believe that the farm is going to admit that they allowed a non-licensed driver to have access to drive one of their vehicles on a public street? No way. He was not authorized to be driving that car, and certainly not the night Mollie was abducted and killed.. That is most likely their story, and they most likely will stick to it. Gee, they may even try to press car theft charges against him. JMO

I think you're right. Bottom line (my speculation), if he didn't have access to the farm's car would Molly been killed? I think this will be a huge insurance claim against the farm. Even it the court rules against liability to the farm, this will be a costly case IMO.

Is this it merely speculation that the black Malibu was registered to the farm or is it a stated fact? If so, is there a MSM link?

Last possibility - Forums have a way about them, if a rumour or opinion gets repeated often enough it becomes a fact but nobody knows the source.

I really wonder if the company they supposedly used was legit. I am curious why nobody seems to be asking that company any questions. Seems like lots of fraudulently acquired ss numbers over the years would have passed their system as well. Time for an audit.

I wasn't talking about the farm business. I said maybe the phone service they used to "call in" to verify the social security information should be investigated, or maybe the phone service was a family business, too. their cousin's? No matter. Everyone just needs to use their real IDs. I don't care what their status is. I don't even care if they are paid under the table. I just want them to use their own ID and not take someone else's.

The "phone service" in question is the US Federal Government. Presumably the SSNVS (Social Security Number Verfication Service), to be used for W-2 Form purposes. This is done on line. Specifically, for a farmer with an urgent need to verify a worker, you can call 1-800-772-6270, to do the same. The agent can verify the number for you. Please give them a call, and report back what they tell you about accountability.

www.ssa.gov

Last edited:
Bottom line you should not have people or persons working for you unless you know what they are about. You just can't assume some young buck is going to behave himself, when you don't even know who he is. This is a established business that's been around a long time.
I could understand if someone was inexperienced at running a business or if it was a friend or family, etc.
There are laws to protect the outside community, you just can't hire anyone because they are cheap labor. Plus the people you are hiring need parameters also. These guys may do stuff like this all the time because they are not highly enough to be taught how to conduct themselves.

Unfortunately it is not that easy to know "who he is". I have hired employees for 34 years & have be "lucky" for the most part. Just today, I read that an employee at a local grocery that worked there for many years was a pedo. How many times times do you hear stories like "no way, not him", "I would have never expected...". It happens all the time, almost every neighbor or co-worker will say "they never suspected". IIRC he had been employeed for roughly around 4 years?

These kinds of preditors are deceptive, I hate to see a girlfriend, co-worker, neighbor or boss be blamed as they were duped too in most cases. JMO.

I totally miss the government cheese my grandparents picked up when I was little. It was the best cheese.

Hey (looks both ways), if you come out back by the Dumster, I can "hook you up" with a #5 box for $10. Don't tell anybody where you got it.

Yeah, it amazed me what a good cook could do with it. One night on Master Chef, Chef Ramsay should make them cook with ONLY Government commodities. The cheese, the evaporated milk, the powdered milk, the canned beef and chicken, and the rest.

The canned beef makes a good barbecue beef with the right sauce. The trick is you have to wash out the salt in a strainer. A gay Cuban guy showed me that hack.

I don't know what world you live in. Yes, the claim would be paid, the policy canceled (if it could be shown conclusively that the Farm had actual knowledge of the car being used by CR), and good luck buying insurance at anything but a multiple of normal rates. I have already been through this same situation with State Farm.

I actually know quite a bit about how commercial insurance underwriting works. Commercial insurance carriers ask their insured companies to provide the driver's licenses for anyone driving a company vehicle. Any employee without a driver's license would be excluded from the policy. CR didn't have any valid driver's license.

If MT's family were to file a claim. Who else would have standing to do so? DJ? I don't know that RT would go there. Mom may not be as forgiving. But I don't think this will happen.

Does anyone really believe that the farm is going to admit that they allowed a non-licensed driver to have access to drive one of their vehicles on a public street? No way. He was not authorized to be driving that car, and certainly not the night Mollie was abducted and killed.. That is most likely their story, and they most likely will stick to it. Gee, they may even try to press car theft charges against him. JMO
Of course they will never admit it!

If MT's family were to file a claim. Who else would have standing to do so? DJ? I don't know that RT would go there. Mom may not be as forgiving. But I don't think this will happen.
I do and I doubt it will be a claim and instead will be a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the estate.

We are allowed one free credit report a year from each credit bureau. Every four months order one from one of the three. After four months order another from another bureau. Four months later order from the third. Repeat yearly. You can also put a freeze on your credit with the three organizations.

YES!! You can put a freeze and hold, you can put an "Identity Theft alert/Fraud Alert so that lenders/retailers will call you to verify it is actually you that is applying for a loan. I had to do this for some of my customers and for a few family members. It is quite a hassle for them but once the alert is put on, it really helped in the future for auto purchases, etc.

Last edited:
You really don't know people. I have worked with a man for 15 years and he is a registered sex offender.Blew my mind when I found out about him. He stays to himself and is intelligent. The way I found out was the DA office was doing a check on him and the co-worker told me at that time. My former neighbor was arrested for sexual assault.

Never in a million years would I have thought my extremely intelligent, hard working, well mannered co-worker is a registered sex offender.

o/t SteveP, love the pup pic.

I actually know quite a bit about how commercial insurance underwriting works. Commercial insurance carriers ask their insured companies to provide the driver's licenses for anyone driving a company vehicle. Any employee without a driver's license would be excluded from the policy. CR didn't have any valid driver's license.

"The keys were left hanging in the barn, CR took the car without our knowledge or permission." Not in the murder case, but in a normal MVA, prove otherwise. And, yeah, I testified in open court in my professional capacity against All Snake, and had to deal with their PI's before that. Also, as far as the Dairy Farm's liability is concerned, the vehicles my be licensed under a LLC.

Is this it merely speculation that the black Malibu was registered to the farm or is it a stated fact? If so, is there a MSM link?

Last possibility - Forums have a way about them, if a rumour or opinion gets repeated often enough it becomes a fact but nobody knows the source.
A link was posted up thread. If it is untrue, I think the Dairy would publicly say so. So far, silence.

Yarrabee Farms' commercial insurance provider sure wouldn't pay any claims if that uninsured driver plowed into another car. That business has opened itself to huge liability in Mollie's death, imo.
possibly self-insured though?

Is Y farms a LLC or incorporated?? On LLC's, aren't the owners held accountable for liabilities or am I off in left field?

A link was posted up thread. If it is untrue, I think the Dairy would publicly say so. So far, silence.

Thank you. I’m interested in reading the article. Do you remember, how long ago was it posted upthread?

The only news today that I notice is all connected to the agents 2 hour visit to the farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member