IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The keys were left hanging in the barn, CR took the car without our knowledge or permission." Not in the murder case, but in a normal MVA, prove otherwise. And, yeah, I testified in open court in my professional capacity against All Snake, and had to deal with their PI's before that. Also, as far as the Dairy Farm's liability is concerned, the vehicles my be licensed under a LLC.
A business carries commercial property/casualty insurance for things such as workers' comp and company-owned vehicles. Farm work can be dangerous.
It is the business entity which has the liability. The policy terms are spelled out clearly and that's all the law requires.

Does anyone really believe that the farm is going to admit that they allowed a non-licensed driver to have access to drive one of their vehicles on a public street? No way. He was not authorized to be driving that car, and certainly not the night Mollie was abducted and killed.. That is most likely their story, and they most likely will stick to it. Gee, they may even try to press car theft charges against him. JMO

If it is a farm vehicle maybe the company may plead the 5th if he had authorization or say it was stolen (which begs the question when it was reported stolen). However, this is a fairly long term worker & there will be witnesses whether he had access or didn't, over using vehicles or "this" vehicle. Willing to bet IF he did have access there will be many people that witnessed how often & if it was OK'd by the company. Bottom line, I don't think a company would be able to get away with saying after 4 years, this employee suddenly stole a vehicle on the very night he killed someone. I believe it is going to be a court case IMO.

Yeah, I was wondering what that source was. I saw it awhile back that it was registered in their name but can't remember where. Unless it was that weird yc news no ones ever heard of.
I found no other media link regarding the Malibu belonging to the farm except for the one on Yc news. Appears Yc news is out of Philadelphia and has a history of releasing info that turns out not to be true. I won't take this as fact until it shows up on a reputable news link
I also think the distinguishing features this car has don't appear to be in line with what the farm would probably purchase. JMO

Thank you. I’m interested in reading the article. Do you remember, how long ago was it posted upthread?

The only news today that I notice is all connected to the agents 2 hour visit to the farm
Sorry, I don't remember other than some time today.

I found no other media link regarding the Malibu belonging to the farm except for the one on Yc news. Appears Yc news is out of Philadelphia and has a history of releasing info that turns out not to be true. I won't take this as fact until it shows up on a reputable news link
I also think the distinguishing features this car has don't appear to be in line with what the farm would probably purchase. JMO

I’m wondering if it is a “company” car maybe it had a magnet sticker on the door?

LE won’t say what it is even now, and it’s hard to see anything remarkable from the pic that makes it stand out.

What has it released that has turned out not to be true? I'm just curious. I think if it wasn't true, Yarrabee would have immediately issued a PR discrediting it instead of failing to return their call.

I’m wondering if it is a “company” car maybe it had a magnet sticker on the door?

LE won’t say what it is even now, and it’s hard to see anything remarkable from the pic that makes it stand out.
If you zoom in real close it looks like it has a custom chrome rope shaped trim around the side windows , back windows and possibly license plate. If it is as it appears I would consider that to be unusual JMO

Is Y farms a LLC or incorporated?? On LLC's, aren't the owners held accountable for liabilities or am I off in left field?

As far as I know the purpose of an LLC is to limit liability to the entities listed as part of the articles of incorporation. I don't know if Y farms is even incorporated, but as we were talking I posited this as a way to limit liability. I would not be surprised to see more than one corporate entity for the operation, for tax purposes and liability concerns. Also the owner is no neophyte, and has held a State Agricultural office.

Also, looking at the Y Farm social media, they are not just a Dairy farm per se. They also appear to be a cattle/cow breeding outfit too. So multiple corporate entities for different parts of the business. Maybe.

As far as the LLC protection is concerned...I was working in a clinic in Baton Rouge and the Sheriff showed up with a writ, half a dozen young men and a moving van to empty out the clinic. A former employee had sued and got a judgement against the LLC that employed him. The Sheriff was expecting to make a lot of money off of the auction, but was "disappointed", when I showed him the room that made up THAT LLC, contained only a battered tin desk, chair, fiberboard bookcase and an old computer. You see, the Sheriff had to pay the movers and the cost of the van from his own pocket up front, and collect the cost from the auction proceeds. THAT was one unhappy man. Been there, done that, still kept the clinic jacket on my back.

JMOO

If you zoom in real close it looks like it has a custom chrome rope shaped trim around the side windows , back windows and possibly license plate. If it is as it appears I would consider that to be unusual JMO

Ah, ok I can’t really see that, I know others were speculating the front end may have damage too

As far as I know the purpose of an LLC is to limit liability to the entities listed as part of the articles of incorporation. I don't know if Y farms is even incorporated, but as we were talking I posited this as a way to limit liability. I would not be surprised to see more than one corporate entity for the operation, for tax purposes and liability concerns. Also the owner is no neophyte, and has held a State Agricultural office.

Also, looking at the Y Farm social media, they are not just a Dairy farm per se. They also appear to be a cattle/cow breeding outfit too. So multiple corporate entities for different parts of the business. Maybe.

As far as the LLC protection is concerned...I was working in a clinic in Baton Rouge and the Sheriff showed up with a writ, half a dozen young men and a moving van to empty out the clinic. A former employee had sued and got a judgement against the LLC that employed him. The Sheriff was expecting to make a lot of money off of the auction, but was "disappointed", when I showed him the room that made up THAT LLC, contained only a battered tin desk, chair, fiberboard bookcase and an old computer. You see, the Sheriff had to pay the movers and the cost of the van from his own pocket up front, and collect the cost from the auction proceeds. THAT was one unhappy man. Been there, done that, still kept the clinic jacket on my back.

JMOO

It’s incorporated according the Manta and other sites

I just can not see a farm car either having a trunk full of blood or a detail clean up being done and no one wonders why? or how did that happen? I do think there are going to be more twist and turns that we just don't see comeing in this whole thing.

A business carries commercial property/casualty insurance for things such as workers' comp and company-owned vehicles. Farm work can be dangerous.
It is the business entity which has the liability. The policy terms are spelled out clearly and that's all the law requires.

Right, so a LLC could limit the Y Farms owners liability? If they are even set up that way...

The more I read in these threads pertaining to Mollie and her horrific death, I think the will rot in prison for the rest of his sorry life.

Hopefully, the young child's mother can get the child far away from the .

Right, so a LLC could limit the Y Farms owners liability? If they are even set up that way...
It isn't an LLC. It is a corporation which is a separate legal entity from the people who own it. That said, I can't remember if the article said the car was registered to Yarrabee Farms or to one of the owners of Yarrabee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member