Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y know, I've been wanting to comment on the "drove back to."
Think about it.... Wouldn't a persona say: "I did a uturn, stopped at an entrance to a cornfield." This is exactly how a person would talk to tell someone.
Instead he said, "drove back to an entrance.
The first time I read this, I thought to myself the guy drove away then did a urturn and drove back to where he had been.
This may tie into the whole language/translation thing. JMO

Think about it.... Wouldn't a persona say: "I did a uturn, stopped at an entrance to a cornfield." This is exactly how a person would talk to tell someone.
The first time I read this, I thought to myself the guy drove away then did a urturn and drove back to where he had been.

Yes, great point. Amazing and all before the ear piece in his lap triggering his memory that she’s in the trunk..

I am unable to understand why CR would make the connection between seeing an earbud in his lap and knowing that she was in the trunk.

After “blocking memory”, he finds the earbud and ........why didn’t he wonder if she was laying on the side of the road, or in a ditch? Why didn’t he drive around looking for clues related to his “rage amnesia”?

For CR to know that she was in the trunk, makes me skeptical of the blocking memory.

Trust me on this: We the people of the great state of Iowa are ***not*** all thrilled about our monies going to this! And CR's "constitutional right"? (If I write something here that upsets other WS readers, can I claim a black-out/block-out??!) JMOO

Yep.
And we'll support you, as we also had blackouts, at the same time, reading your post.
So it never appeared, as we don't remember anything.:D:D

Ok Wonderful Websleuths Members,

Time to hit the hay and say goodnight.

Mollie's thread will open up in the morning before 7:30 AM Mountain.

G'night,
Tricia

Good morning! Mollie's thread is open for posting.

50929-laptop-and-cup-marks.jpg

link for graphic

I’m just stuck now on the facts in the supporting elements of the alleged crime?

It’s the sequence of his story and his memory loss that just do not make sense.

If his memory loss is central to his story, then this is why LE asked for him CR to show them the route he took that night using his phone, and then showing taking them by Memory guiding them to Location of her body. If he can remember anything before earpiece part of story, then no memory loss.

Does LE have any prosecutors review the arrest warrant before it is filed? Is the District attorney involved in drawing up the paperwork for the charges? Especially the elements of alleged crime, the narrative?

Does the prosecutor sit in on LE interviews, confessions, statements given by suspects?
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf
I thought the same thing about him using his phone at first, but then some other posters pointed out that most smartphones have a locator history built in. My guess is maybe LE did ask him if his phone had information from that night. If he had blocked out the memories during his drive, but saw his route on his phone, he easily could have driven them there by memory from either what he'd seen on his phone, or because he was familiar with those roads, anyway. JMO

But, the biggest hole I see in his blocked memory story, as many folks have also pointed out, is the 'earbud on lap = body in trunk.' It makes no sense unless the earbud triggered some kind of memory, which means the memories aren't blocked entirely. That, or he's had a body in his trunk before.

I thought the same thing about him using his phone at first, but then some other posters pointed out that most smartphones have a locator history built in. My guess is maybe LE did ask him if his phone had information from that night. If he had blocked out the memories during his drive, but saw his route on his phone, he easily could have driven them there by memory from either what he'd seen on his phone, or because he was familiar with those roads, anyway. JMO

But, the biggest hole I see in his blocked memory story, as many folks have pointed out, is the earbud on lap = body in trunk. It makes no sense unless the earbud triggered some kind of memory, which means the memories aren't blocked entirely. That, or he's had a body in his trunk before.

Good morning all!

Exactly spot on with the ear bud=body in the trunk, what I’ve been saying since the release of the warrant.

He had to have a memory of why he put a body in the truck for his own equation work

Ear bud didn’t equal “oh jeez I stole an iPhone off someone” it equaled “I put a body in the trunk”

And depending on what the ME report say about TOD, blood in the car, etc., he was not blocking memories once he got to the cornfield.

So if she was alive when he put her in the trunk he killed her with full memory in tact.

Again. I expect that CR's attorney filled out the Financal form, and CR signed it. I suspect that the name and DOB on the Financial form are the most accurate, as this was likely told to the attorney directly by CR. The attorney has no reason to knowingly lie on any form he has anything to do with. It could put his licence to practice in jeopardy.

And if they go with 1997 as the correct DOB, then what are the odds they will use the 1994 DOB from the affidavit as yet more evidence and pattern of diminished capacity? He was upset because the police showed up, therefore wasn't thinking clearly when he gave his DOB as 1994?

Could be why there was a ping near the hog farm, he over shot the spot he was taking her too and had to do a u-turn to drive back to it?

Good morning all!

Exactly spot on with the ear bud=body in the trunk, what I’ve been saying since the release of the warrant.

He had to have a memory of why he put a body in the truck for his own equation work

Ear bud didn’t equal “oh jeez I stole an iPhone off someone” it equaled “I put a body in the trunk”

And depending on what the ME report say about TOD, blood in the car, etc., he was not blocking memories once he got to the cornfield.

So if she was alive when he put her in the trunk he killed her with full memory in tact.
And it doesn't just say he realized she was in the trunk, it specifically says he realized he put her in the trunk.

Last edited:
And if they go with 1997 as the correct DOB, then what are the odds they will use the 1994 DOB from the affidavit as yet more evidence and pattern of diminished capacity? He was upset because the police showed up, therefore wasn't thinking clearly when he gave his DOB as 1994?

Made me think, WHY didn’t he block his memories when LE showed up and during questioning!

The whole reason he claims he blocked his memories is because MT threatened to call 911.

So when LE shows up at the farm he wasn’t upset enough to block his memories after he claims it’s what caused him to in the first darn place!

Bunch of BS!
:mad:

He should have been in a sea of blockoutidness, lol

My new word!

Last edited:

His family has been so sketchy about when he came here, around 16 years old

LE has been told he’s been in the country what, 3-7 years

Could be why there was a ping near the hog farm, he over shot the spot he was taking her too and had to do a u-turn to drive back to it?
It's possible, since we don't know which direction he was driving when he did the u-turn. But my guess as to where he was when he "came to" is he was heading east on 460th at the intersection with Poweshiek-Iowa Rd. He did his u-turn at the fork in the road, then went back to the cornfield.

Attachments

• MT30.PNG
    MT30.PNG
    507.1 KB · Views: 19
Good Morning!
I am from the cloth that everything CR has said is BS. The block/blackout none of it makes any sense. The easiest thing to say is I remember nothing,....which is what he did. Let's not forget also that he had 5 weeks to come up with something for if and when the trail led to him. And I can bet he conferred with some of his working buddies/family.
So I personally am not hell bent on trying to figure out the earbud/trunk thing because I myself believe it is all BS.

It's possible, since we don't know which direction he was driving when he did the u-turn. But my guess as to where he was when he "came to" is he was heading east on 460th at the intersection with Poweshiek-Iowa Rd. He did his u-turn at the fork in the road, then went back to the cornfield.

Could the hog farm ping come from where she was in the cornfield?

Is it in the right vicinity?

Good Morning!
I am from the cloth that everything CR has said is BS. The block/blackout none of it makes any sense. The easiest thing to say is I remember nothing,....which is what he did. Let's not forget also that he had 5 weeks to come up with something for if and when the trail led to him. And I can bet he conferred with some of his working buddies/family.
So I personally am not hell bent on trying to figure out the earbud/trunk thing because I myself believe it is all BS.

But it’s the BS the prosecutors have to work with to put him away for life!

I don’t believe a word of it either, will be interesting to see if his story changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member