Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took German translation a year ago, and one thing I learned is that there is almost always translation loss. When there is more than one or two words at play, it can't be helped. All that a translator can do is try to minimize it. That 400 level course was enough for me. I'm not even going to attempt the masters certificate. It's really a lot harder than a lot of people think.
Spent two years in Germany courtesy of US Army. Two local siblings (girl and boy) hung out with us some nights at a local bar. Both spoke very good English. She was attending University in a program that prepared her to teach English in the German school system.

She learned the English straight out of the book in class. Our slang and accent depending on which parts of the states we were from invariably through her off and needed clarification.

Everything does not translate from language to language.

Spent two years in Germany courtesy of US Army. Two local siblings (girl and boy) hung out with us some nights at a local bar. Both spoke very good English. She was attending University in a program that prepared her to teach English in the German school system.

She learned the English straight out of the book in class. Our slang and accent depending on which parts of the states we were from invariably through her off and needed clarification.

Everything does not translate from language to language.
Yes, I met someone who was from Canada originally but had been in Germany for some time. I was told by a mutual friend that she found my English difficult to understand. I didn't have any problem understand hers, though. One lady giving tours in Neuschwanstein had a really horrible (to my ears) accent. I had to really focus on what she was saying. I'm not sure where she was from. She didn't sound like German or British. I don't think Australian, either.

They only way is if he’s a stand up guy and cares enough about his child

I’d be willing to bet they collect money for the mother and child and he did nothing!
Spin it; spin Doctors.... I doubt that he gives any respect to women including the female that fathered his child.

Which of his identities was a stand up guy?

Thread is closed from now until tomorrow morning.

Goodnight everyone.

good-morning_120.jpg

Thread is open for posting.

A few posts were removed for sleuthing someone who may be an innocent party and for being off topic.

link for graphic

I've burned my free bridge with the Des Moines Register. Can anyone give me the gist of the article?

Also, the National Enquirer article on LE incompetence about telling the public to look for a black SUV instead of a black Malibu reads like a confused WS discussion. Total BS, with unwarranted criticism of LE! MOO

Thanks

Sometimes it works for out of town news websites that no longer work (you burned your free bridge lol) if you open them in an incognito or private window. Blocks your cookies or something, not sure, but it usually works!

Happy Friday everyone... let's all try to do something kind for someone this weekend in Mollie's memory.

Sometimes it works for out of town news websites that no longer work (you burned your free bridge lol) if you open them in an incognito or private window. Blocks your cookies or something, not sure, but it usually works!

Happy Friday everyone... let's all try to do something kind for someone this weekend in Mollie's memory.
I can't get to it either! what does it say in general?

I can't get to it either! what does it say in general?

snip:

The full facts of the case are not yet known. But given the current information, several criminal-defense attorneys said the defense of diminished responsibility is one avenue for Bahena Rivera's lawyers to consider.

If Bahena Rivera can prove he was not in the right state of mind to form the intent to kill Tibbetts, he could avoid a first-degree murder conviction, which could spare him a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

"Based on what I know of the case now, that would be the best defense," said Steven Drahozal, a criminal-defense attorney in Dubuque and former chair of the Iowa State Bar Association's criminal-law section.

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect says his memory was 'blocked.' Could that aid his defense?

Rivera stated in his financial statement his car payment is $270.00 per month. Apparently he pays no child support. My thought is Medicaid, WIC, child care is paid by feds and State of Iowa. As a result his child will continue to receive it until 18. I believe, if rules have not changed. Upon conviction, social security may pay his former partner and his child some amount for as long as he incarcerated.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE COMPLETE LICENSE NUMBERS FOR THE 2 vehicles towed by LE.

Most troubling from my perspective is the seriousness of Rivera s initial foray into the criminal world. Stats reflect that stalking and murder is usually not an initial crime. I still believe there is going to be a lot of petty issues law enforcement will reveal at trial.

If true, there have already been several women come forward to make accusations. I’m my opinion it’s likely to be more.

I do hope this case is not purposely stalled or facts buried due to the possible effect on border/ immigration issues.

Mollie lived a positive, compassionate and wholesome life. She deserves justice equal to or more than the rules and beliefs she herself lived everyday.

I hope the State Iowa can do that much for her.

Echo that!!

I've burned my free bridge with the Des Moines Register. Can anyone give me the gist of the article?

Also, the National Enquirer article on LE incompetence about telling the public to look for a black SUV instead of a black Malibu reads like a confused WS discussion. Total BS, with unwarranted criticism of LE! MOO

Thanks

I can’t read it either

Thanks to the poster who clipped a portion!

If the Defense have a Private Investigator on board; that to me suggests that the Defense might also have the complete autopsy report with the various reports from experts and evidence that LE has in this case. I might be wrong.

The PI could also be looking for the couple of people who fled

They could possibly create some doubt that he had help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members