Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about y'all but I'm feeling a bit nauseous. I'm going outside for some fresh air and maybe have a good cry. :(:(:(

Beautiful Mollie...
t4560.gif

180901-mollie-tibbetts-ew-827p-2552551.jpg

Image source: Suspect led investigators to the body of Mollie Tibbetts, Iowa prosecutor tells jurors (nbcnews.com)

She was beautiful in all ways and it's so upsetting that one person can just destroy the lives of others because they wanted something they couldn't have. :(

Wow. Sorry if already shared:

“Judge telling jury he banned a news photographer and her news organization from the courthouse for the rest of the trial. She was caught taking pictures of the jury. Judge says he has the memory card, the pics were deleted, and they will not be released. @wqad #MollieTibbetts” https://twitter.com/denisewqad/status/1395806614976962568?s=21

what were they thinking....? I guess they weren’t thinking period.

Wow. Sorry if already shared:

“Judge telling jury he banned a news photographer and her news organization from the courthouse for the rest of the trial. She was caught taking pictures of the jury. Judge says he has the memory card, the pics were deleted, and they will not be released. @wqad #MollieTibbetts” https://twitter.com/denisewqad/status/1395806614976962568?s=21

what were they thinking....? I guess they weren’t thinking period.
This was a student newspaper. Wow -- hope she's not a journalism major!

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
We're back after a short break. Amy Johnson still on the stand.
1:26 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Johnson says the entrance to the actual corn was 430 feet from the road and you couldn't see the road from there.
1:29 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka on Twitter
Amy Johnson DCI back on the stand showing the alternate view of the body site - distance to the road was about 400 feet.

[URL='https://twitter.com/ShannonMoudyTV/status/1395808887190822915']1:29 PM · May 21, 2021
·Twitter Web App[/URL]

Nicole Agee on Twitter
Amy Johnson is back on the stand, explaining the location of Mollie's clothing relative to her body. The jury saw photos of those items - her shorts, her underwear and what they believe to be a headband, several feet from her body.
@KCRG
1:32 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
The suspected blood stain from the trunk seal was collected August 22nd at the DCI crime lab.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Cross-exam now. "What does cross contamination mean?" defense atty Jennifer Frese begins.
1:36 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks about lab protocol to avoid cross contamination.
1:37 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

I've been following a bit but have they stated if he did in fact rape her?
I am wondering if she was too decomposed for them to know for sure. But that underwear and shorts being discarded 30 feet away is a big clue.

If you pull over because you think the jogger 'is hot' ---and you throw her in the trunk and drive to a remote cornfield, carry her 400 feet and begin tearing off her shorts and undies....there is only one explanation.

Nicole Agee on Twitter
Amy Johnson is back on the stand, explaining the location of Mollie's clothing relative to her body. The jury saw photos of those items - her shorts, her underwear and what they believe to be a headband, several feet from her body.
@KCRG

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
The suspected blood stain from the trunk seal was collected August 22nd at the DCI crime lab.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Cross-exam now. "What does cross contamination mean?" defense atty Jennifer Frese begins.
1:36 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks about lab protocol to avoid cross contamination.
1:37 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App
Here we go with the cross contamination claims. 'That wasn't really her blood.'

But he has already admitted she was in his trunk!

Last edited:
Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Have you heard of cases where a police officers' DNA has been found with the items that have been submitted?" Johnson: Y.
1:39 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Johnson says she was aware a "person of interest" was being interviewed at the same time she was searching cars in Poweshiek Co.
1:41 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asking about children's items in the trunk.
1:44 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

I've been following a bit but have they stated if he did in fact rape her?
No, they can't definitively say that she was raped without physical evidence. Her body was left so long to decompose it probably would have been impossible to prove. Her shorts and underwear having been removed and tossed aside is likely the closest they will get. It had to have been done before he covered the body with cornstalks. Imo

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Additional items in the trunk:@SpongeBob plastic bag, car seat, and a child's toy, Johnson testifies during cross.@KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
1:44 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
A gray Latex glove was found in the trunk. Johnson says it was behind the football so it's not in the picture shown (I've added that in the thread above) but there are pics of it.
1:45 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka on Twitter
Johnson says she was keeping in touch about her search of the car with the special agent in charge. Her search was going on as Bahena Rivera is being interviewed. Johnson says she informed the agent that long brown hairs were found in the trunk. @wqad #MollieTibbetts
1:45 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks if Johnson is ever called on missing persons' cases to go over scenes. Johnson: Y.
1:49 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
"Have you ever heard of the term 'working inside-out'?" -- J Frese asks. Defines it as looking at the people closest to the victim first. Johnson says no - she's not an investigator. @KCCINews [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/BahenaRiveraTrial?src=hashtag_click']#BahenaRiveraTrial
1:50 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App[/URL]

Ugh, that picture of her under the corn stalks with her arm out is heartbreaking to see. I was a bit surprised it wasn’t shown on the stream.

I’m still catching up, but did they say something was in her hand? I can’t tell but from the video (of the picture) it looks like something is to me, but it could just be more of the foliage/corn stalks/plant stuff from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmaxhen