GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was a bit strange too. The verdict read, court adjourned, the attorneys packed up and headed out. You'd think they would give him a hug, tell him "we'll keep working" etc, give him some comfort, something. Nope.

Correct. And I am not certain, but I seem to recall if was AFTER Mollie went missing. If that is correct, that is REALLY scary.
I found the article about the other girl and it was just before he took Mollie

That was an amazing moment of candor!
I think that is the only thing she has said
I still think Dalton should be able to sue the defense attorneys for defamation of character. They will continue to drag him through the mud as long as they can. They need to be held accountable for all the damage they have done/are doing to him.
Agree...there is providing your client with a defense and then there is professional ethics that seem to be violated by completely defaming someone in front of the whole world. And yet again today, even after the verdict. Sue 'em DJ!

Last edited:
I still think Dalton should be able to sue the defense attorneys for defamation of character. They will continue to drag him through the mud as long as they can. They need to be held accountable for all the damage they have done/are doing to him.

I started researching defamation after the first day of testimony!

I don't know about Iowa specifically but in general, I don't believe Dalton would have a valid claim for defamation for what came up in a criminal trial for a couple of reasons:

Generally - there are 5 elements of a defamation claim, and generally, all have to be satisfied for a successful claim. The elements for defamation include:
I think the Frese' could argue that their claims were their opinion and that a statement made in court was qualified, privileged. However, I think if they continue to make these claims after the trial and outside of court, that might change things. They probably know now that the case is over to stop implying that Dalton was involved in Mollie's murder.

In a civil suit - there's always the advantage that the burden of proof is "by a preponderance of the evidence" (i.e., greater than 50% chance that the proposition is true).

Evidence You'll Need To Bring a Defamation Lawsuit

I don't know about Iowa specifically but in general, I don't believe Dalton would have a valid claim for defamation for what came up in a criminal trial for a couple of reasons:

Generally - there are 5 elements of a defamation claim, and generally, all have to be satisfied for a successful claim. The elements for defamation include:
I think the Frese' could argue that their claims were their opinion and that a statement made in court was qualified, privileged. However, I think if they continued to make these claims after the trial and outside of court, that might change things. They probably know now that the case is over to stop implying that Dalton was involved in Mollie's murder.

In a civil suit - there's always the advantage that the burden of proof is "by a preponderance of the evidence" (i.e., greater than 50% chance that the proposition is true).

Darn! That would have been the cherry on top, to see him get some justice. Hopefully he will be able to get some from his victim impact statement. Let 'em have it Dalton!

Darn! That would have been the cherry on top, to see him get some justice. Hopefully he will be able to get some from his victim impact statement. Let them have it Dalton!
I'd still like to see the Frese couple served with a terse, cease and desist demand to never speak my name for the rest of your lives.... :mad:

MOO

I think the Frese' could argue that their claims were their opinion and that a statement made in court was qualified, privileged. However, I think if they continue to make these claims after the trial and outside of court, that might change things. They probably know now that the case is over to stop implying that Dalton was involved in Mollie's murder.

They were still saying Dalton was suspicious after the verdict.

The defense attorneys had to come to court but did not have much hope. I think that she was drained. Thus the “bathrobe” or whatever she could grab out of the closet.
lmao---that's exactly what it looked like. Was strange choice of clothing for the big day in front of national press....

H by F Shawl Collar Bathrobe with Piping

lmao---that's exactly what it looked like. Was strange choice of clothing for the big day in front of national press....

H by F Shawl Collar Bathrobe with Piping

A bit long but that's pretty close!!

5ee0d093-b146-44bb-b203-cb05feec0dc8_750x422.jpg

I believe that there was another girl that was harassed by CBR while he was driving his car. It was not admissible in court.
I remember during the trial, hearing Frese saying that CBR had NEVER been known to give anyone a hard time, or be anything other than polite and mild mannered----and I thought of the prior bad acts report---and it seems unfair that it would remain inadmissible, after the defense made false claims like that.

College sophomore Mollie Tibbetts still missing after two weeks of searching

Mollie's college roommate Ali told Dateline she and Mollie have already signed a lease on an apartment for the upcoming school year. As she prepares to return to the University of Iowa in a couple of weeks, Ali says she isn’t sure how it will feel if Mollie isn’t there with her.

Rob said that while his daughter studies psychology, writing poetry has always been one of her passions.
^^bbm

Going through the MEDIA thread and recalling the defense claim about an alleged mattress. Given Mollie was only home for the summer, it follows she might need bedding for her college apartment she'd be moving to in the fall.

It's shameful that the defense tried to make everything with a reasonable explanation suspicious or a negative against DJ. MOO

Chad says finding the two individuals Bahena Rivera claims killed Tibbets would be like "trying to prove Santa Claus doesn't exist"-- and that's the reasoning their case was built targeting others, like Tibbett's boyfriend.

That makes no sense. How hard is it to prove that Santa Claus doesn't exist? My 6 yr old grand baby knows that and she explained it to me very well, all by herself. "He's just in our imaginations" she told me, very confidently.

Is Frese really saying that he couldn't prove to a jury that Ol Saint Nick ain't real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth