Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE can probably get text and call history from the cellphone provider to see who she’s been contacting. My cellphone provider actually lists all the numbers incoming and outgoing call and text on my online bill. Not sure if that’s the case but I’m sure they’re working on it.

That’s one of the advantages of communicating via social media - no cell phone record.

why the need to get BF to the top of her list anyway? Who was at the top instead and why was it so important to get her BF there now?
This is what I don't understand. And it was said he wasn't much into social media, so why was she forcing him to be? What was the obsession with messaging him on snapchat?

Hmmmm so they have a lead. Just do not want to let the person know they do, and of course more evidence the better so they are going to say to keep sending tips.

Since the search has fizzled and they don’t seem to be cautioning the public that there could be a loose killer like they normally would makes me think they have the suspect close and are letting them think they are safe.

I saw comments that the FBI was gathering warrants for Google and Social media Saturday, likely they now have a lot of her digital footprint.
I feel they have a suspect as well. Another thing I have not seen mentioned, where was the dog she was babysitting when LE arrived...inside or outside? Had she left food water, etc.?

That age group and older younger use Snapchat a lot. I know so many people who use it daily with friends and partners. That’s not unusual.

Him needing to be at the top? Who knows why. Maybe he wanted to be. Maybe she wanted him there to see his name. People get weird over snap chat streaks and favourites.

This is what I don't understand. And it was said he wasn't much into social media, so why was she forcing him to be? What was the obsession with messaging him on snapchat?

Forgive me in advance for sounding out of the loop with this SNAPCHAT thing... I'm middle aged and I am not on this social media platform. Was she messaging him more than usual? Is it possible she was trying to get his attention as she was possibly in trouble but couldn't SAY it out loud? Would SNAPCHAT come in handy in a situation like this? Otherwise, it is odd that she'd message him knowing social media isn't his thing, he'd likely be annoyed. But trying to get his attention might work if she was unusually nonstop messaging him.

I also think someone stalked her.

But I don't think she went to her new appartment on Wed evening because it would have been too far. I think the new place is where she goes to college, 50 mi or so away. Jmo

For the non related stalker theory there is one concern I have. If I found her place then there appears to be some sort of electric company right next door and that could mean contracted out electric workers showing up at that business in early morning hours that may have patterned her behavior.

I dont know if I am in the right location

My kids use Snapchat instead of messaging, I don’t think it’s an obsession so much as that’s just how they message each other. SMS text messages are for old people (like me).

But as for significance of his contact bubbling to the top, could it be a jeoulusy thing? Maybe it’s a problem if she’s talking to somebody too much and if that somebody is her top contact it would be obvious.

That age group and older younger use Snapchat a lot. I know so many people who use it daily with friends and partners. That’s not unusual.

Him needing to be at the top? Who knows why. Maybe he wanted to be. Maybe she wanted him there to see his name. People get weird over snap chat streaks and favourites.

His mother said DJ isn't into social media so I'm baffled why it was important that he be at the "top." To me, that indicates some other guy was Snapchatting and was at the "top" and DJ questioned it. Jealousy is a fairly common motive in cases like this one. JMO.

She probably has so many ppl on her contact Snapchat list that she communicates with. Since he doesn’t get on that much, his name was probably at the bottom. Maybe that’s why I’m thinking she was trying to move him to the top of the list because it’s more convenient to send him messages when his name is right there when she opens the app.

Aside from needing a court order and all the red tape that entails, there’s this:

Chat content will be available only if the sender or recipient chooses to save the Chat, or if the Chat is unopened. Even when a Chat remains unopened, it will be deleted 30 days after it was sent.

Yup. Hoping the FBI is all over it and that it was saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova