IA - Mollie Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'They are in over their head': Reward for missing Mollie Tibbetts hits a massive $260,000 as her father says he believes the 20-year-old University of Iowa student is with someone she knows
  • The family of Mollie Tibbetts is offering a $260,000 reward for information that leads to her safe return
  • Mollie's father, Rob Tibbetts, told Fox News that he believes that his daughter is still alive and may be with someone she's familiar with
  • In the past two weeks investigators have completed 200 interviews, fielded hundreds of tips and carried out painstaking fingertip searches
  • Mollie went missing on July 18 from her small hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa
  • With family and friends in the clear, investigators looked at registered sex offenders and convicted criminals living locally
Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online

Good Morning America on Twitter
August 7, 2018
Mollie's father:
"Probably someone who cares about her um, but that relationship was misguided, misinterpreted, and went wrong, and I think they are in a place with Mollie and they don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation."
"I think because they haven't found Mollie, that Mollie is still someplace and we can get her home."
"Hang in there, miss you pie, and come home."

CBS This Morning on Twitter
August 7, 2018
Crimestoppers says it has received about 500 tips in the case.
Mollie's mother:
"The FBI agent called us and she told me, I don't want you to hear this on the news."
(This is referring to 20-year old Sadie Alvarado whose body was found along the side of a road.)
When asked for her reaction Mollie's mother said, "terror."
Mollie's father:
"We immediately, when we found out, thought about that family, and the tragedy that they went through and that this in no diminishes their pain."
WC says he's been questioned about 5 times about Mollie.

After Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, authorities see rush of scary Facebook posts

Since Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance last month, Iowa law enforcement agencies have seen several Facebook posts about alleged kidnapping and stalking attempts near Iowa City go viral and prompt public concern.

Two posts from white women alleged that black men followed their vehicles, sometimes at up to "120 miles per hour," but law enforcement said these incidents were never reported to them.

"Never was I contacted or State Patrol contacted by the person that posted these," said Sgt. Nathan Ludwig, spokesman for Iowa State Patrol.

[....]

Reward Increases to $277K in Mollie Tibbetts Case

The reward is now at $277,000 for information that leads to Mollie’s safe return.

Mollie’s dad says he thinks his daughter is still alive. In an interview with Fox News, Rob Tibbetts says he believes she left her boyfriend’s house willingly with someone she knows. He went on to say he thinks she is caught in some kind of misunderstanding and the person was “over their head” about the nature of the relationship between the two.

Mollie’s mother, Laura Calderwood, told NBC News that police found her daughter’s computer, wallet, and driver’s license at her boyfriend’s house where she was staying. Her iPhone, Fitbit, and earbuds have still not been located.

Video shows Mollie Tibbetts sharing personal story about prayer in 2016

Tibbetts said that she knew her story may be trivial to others, but she described it as a way of seeing God working in her life. Tibbetts' family describes her as a light who loves to lift others, CBS News correspondent Adriana Diaz reports from Iowa.

"Everyone has their own talent," Tibbetts said later in the video, "whether it's a sport you're good at or if you're good at dance or if you're a great writer, or even if you're just a good person — that's one of the best things you can be good at."

Sadie Alvarado, Whose Body Was Found During Mollie Tibbetts Search, Left on Roadside by Boyfriend: Cops

The body of a woman found during the search for Mollie Tibbetts has been identified as 20-year-old Sadie Alvarado, whose boyfriend has been arrested for allegedly leaving her on the side of a rural Iowa road.

Alvarado's body was discovered in a ditch along 235th Avenue, a gravel road in West Point Township in Lee County, at about 10:45 a.m. Sunday, officials said.

Sadie Alvarado, Whose Body Was Found During Mollie Tibbetts Search, Left on Roadside by Boyfriend: Cops

<modsnip 10% Rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reward Increases to $301K in Mollie Tibbetts Case

Investigators, who have released very little about the case, had cancelled a planned Tuesday news conference. They now say they’ll release more information into their investigation at a news conference on Friday.

Mollie’s dad says he thinks his daughter is still alive. In an interview with Fox News, Rob Tibbetts says he believes she left her boyfriend’s house willingly with someone she knows.

For an Hour, Mollie Tibbetts' Dad Thought She'd Been Found Dead — But Still the Search Continues

“We had assumed that was Mollie,” Rob tells PEOPLE of the lapse between Alvarado’s body being found and being identified this weekend. “Then when they told us it wasn’t her, all we could think of was this other family, going through this horrible tragedy of their own, and we stopped answering our phones.”

“Our hearts go out to that family,” he says. “That’s a horrible situation for any family to go through. … To try to equate their pain with ours seemed completely inappropriate.”

‘Just hang on’: Mollie Tibbetts’ parents share theory on her disappearance

The reward for bringing Tibbetts home climbed to $301,363 Tuesday with help from 180 individual donors. Crime Stoppers has received 661 tips regarding Tibbetts’ disappearance. The tips have been forwarded to law enforcement.

Wayne Cheney said it doesn't make sense to him that he's been questioned by the FBI at least five times about Mollie Tibbets. “It's bull,” he said. “I don't know how they think I have anything to do with it.”

Mollie Tibbetts' dad says no foul play at home the night she disappeared

Rob Tibbetts pointed out, there was no sign of foul play or disturbance at the home she was staying at, so naturally, his mind is coming to any conclusion possible.

"A lot of what I think is what a distraught father with too much time and too much imagination but I don't think anyone is set out to harm Mollie," said Rob Tibbetts.

Mollie's father told TV9, he still remains optimistic that his daughter's disappearance will end on a happy note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back