Found Deceased IA - Sara Figgins, 43, mom of 5, driving, Polk City, 22 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
POLK CITY, Iowa — The Polk City Police Department is requesting the public’s help in locating a missing Polk City woman.

Sara Figgins, 43, was last seen at approximately 3 p.m. on July 22 driving a Chrysler Town and Country with Iowa license plates CRX283.

According to a Facebook post from the Elkhart Fire Department, Figgins was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and a navy blue shirt. Figgins is around 5 feet 6 inches and has auburn hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information regarding Figgins’ whereabouts is asked to contact the Polk City Police Department at 515-984-6565.

sara_figgins_mug.png

Her FB

There's a little more info about her from this article:

Seen Friday July 22, 2022 at approximately 3:00 pm at the Target in Ankeny, Iowa

She is a devoted mother to 5, grandmother to 4

She is a high school nurse

Just based on family comments - JMO MOO and these are MY thoughts only - now I feel like she might have left on her own volition. I hope something else didn't happen to her, but if she felt that she needed to leave for a while, I hope she is safe and will return soon. I'm scared for her and will pray for her until we hear some (hopefully) good news.

Seen Friday July 22, 2022 at approximately 3:00 pm at the Target in Ankeny, Iowa

Just based on family comments - JMO MOO and these are MY thoughts only - now I feel like she might have left on her own volition. I hope something else didn't happen to her, but if she felt that she needed to leave for a while, I hope she is safe and will return soon. I'm scared for her and will pray for her until we hear some (hopefully) good news.
What makes you think that specifically?

So far as we know whe went missing in Ankeny, Iowa around 3pm on Friday July 22nd. She left a note in the family home before she left and sent out a video for my nephews birthday just before turning off her phone. I'm Sara's daughter Laura.

POLK CITY, Iowa — The Polk City Police Department is requesting the public’s help in locating a missing Polk City woman.

Sara Figgins, 43, was last seen at approximately 3 p.m. on July 22 driving a Chrysler Town and Country with Iowa license plates CRX283.

According to a Facebook post from the Elkhart Fire Department, Figgins was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and a navy blue shirt. Figgins is around 5 feet 6 inches and has auburn hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information regarding Figgins’ whereabouts is asked to contact the Polk City Police Department at 515-984-6565.

sara_figgins_mug.png

Her FB

I really appreciate you posting this my mom has been missing for more than 48 hours and we are getting desperate.

Last edited:

We believe that she did leave on her own volition, We contacted the police and Target in Ankeny and they should be pulling camera footage tomorrow of the store and the traffic cameras to hopefully get an idea of where she headed.

@Lauranoname - I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I won't ask what the note detailed as it is likely something you don't want to share publicly.

I hope your Mom is safe and simply needed time away to catch her breath again. We're waiting for word of her safe return~

@Lauranoname - I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I won't ask what the note detailed as it is likely something you don't want to share publicly.

I hope your Mom is safe and simply needed time away to catch her breath again. We're waiting for word of her safe return~
I appreciate it; unfortunately even if I could share the contents of the note, I couldn't the police and my dad are the only ones who read the note and they haven't shared what it says to anyone else

Thank you all for your condolences they found my mother's body this morning.

Oh no! My grandfather had the same last name (Figgins) so I felt drawn to Sara's case. I prayed so much that it would end differently. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Based on what I have read she seemed like such a wonderful lady, just outstanding. Many prayers to you and your family and friends. RIP Sara.

I really appreciate you posting this my .om has been missing for more than 48 hours and we are getting desperate.
Im so sorry. Please consider becoming an insider! I'll contact a moderate.
Thank you all for your condolences they found my mother's body this morning.
Oh no! I am so sorry for you and your family! Please take care of yourself and each other!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back